• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Milhouse

Neo Member
2v2ts1w.jpg

Grand total after tax, shipping, and rebate was $70.07 (brand new). Fry's finally started shipping a black Friday price mistake. Now I just need a PS3 adapter. I never even had a Blu-ray remote though I constantly use the PS3 for movies and tv shows.

Bii

ULTROS! said:
A piece of my niece's Plants vs. Zombies cake (sorry, I was almost done with it before I took a pic):

http://i56.tinypic.com/nqz4si.jpg

Here's the whole cake:

http://i53.tinypic.com/200wnzs.jpg

Funny story: My niece picked a Plants vs. Zombies cake over a Disney princess, Dora, Pixar, and Barney cake.

Wow, that's fantastic! You should have taken more photos.

I haven't posted in this thread for a while (haven't been in a picture-taking mood), so here's something I got in the mail just now. :]

5499660639_cd565b957c_b.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. 2001. Game Boy Color. Nintendo. $25
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. 2001. Game Boy Color. Nintendo. $25

I've been meaning to get these two games ever since I saw the previews for them in an issue of Nintendo Power over 10 years ago. Thanks in part to the 25th Anniversary Zelda thread here on GAF, I figured now would be a good time to get them. Of course, there is a chance that they'll appear on the 3DS's Virtual Console but it's nice to have the originals. Too bad GBC games won't work on the DS since I stored my Game Boy Color (and Advance for that matter) in some boxes a long time ago. I guess I'll have to dig through them so I can start playing these.

On a related note, I've purchased quite a number of Zelda games in the past few weeks. So I may end up taking pictures of those at a later time. I'm thinking of playing through the Zelda games in chronological order of their release.

mudkyp

Wiseblade said:
Reposted from the Pokémon Black/White OT, but I got a bunch of free swag a the london launch event:

183370_10150095242705373_684885372_6703081_2763454_n.jpg

188478_10150095242865373_684885372_6703085_3629289_n.jpg

189878_10150095243360373_684885372_6703089_4846992_n.jpg

Where did you get that sweet ass Pokemon shirt? Do they have one like that of the other legendary? I really want one.

Well I honestly don't remember what month these are from but I haven't posted them yet, so I'm counting it as march.

5500124167_e933383dcd_b.jpg

The thing in the front is a WD 2 TB external drive. The digital label there is actually e-ink. I guess that's fun, but not particularly necessary. The other thing is a WD TV Live. Plays pretty much any format of audio or video and is network capable so I can just throw whatever I want onto the external drive from any computer on the network. Nifty!

5500121445_38122748b1_b.jpg

My first smart phone, the HTC HD7 which is a WP7 phone. I'm running it on Mobilicity as I'm in the Vancouver area. It's working pretty good but the coverage in my city isn't that great. It's difficult to get a signal at work. On the other hand I have a Mobilicity tower about 200 feet from my house so I always have a good signal here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it has a Speck case on that came with it (ebay auction).

cyclenut

I'm retiring my 60GB launch model for PS2 Gaming / BluRay Movies.

So I splurged on a new PS3 Slim solely for gaming.

I think was worth the arm and leg I paid for it. :)

5500835278_a585dd297d.jpg

5500835446_f877f7494e.jpg

5500835364_592b22db6a.jpg

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
cyclenut said:
I'm retiring my 60GB launch model for PS2 Gaming / BluRay Movies.

So I splurged on a new PS3 Slim solely for gaming.

I think was worth the arm and leg I paid for it. :)

5500835278_a585dd297d.jpg

5500835446_f877f7494e.jpg

5500835364_592b22db6a.jpg

Hey that's my PS3. Welcome to the pretty club.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Totobeni said:
After three years with Sennheiser (HD555), I finally betrayed them :(

5500528138_38b4e6590a_z.jpg

5500529692_901b068c5d_z.jpg

5500530614_be3fcb60e1_z.jpg

But it was a cheap betrayal ( $85)
Welcome to the club! I swear by Audio-Technica and have 4 pairs. The ATH-AD1000 is my baby.

I got a used Xbox and used Advanced HD pack (component cables) along with a new case and modchip and finally got it all put together and working, all so I could play DOA3.1 again.
5501487822_f703990f51_z.jpg

This is a neat pick-up for fifty cents.
5501488126_d3810dd43d_z.jpg

I've gotten a bunch of games too but I've kinda burned out on posting in this thread and haven't bothered to take any pics.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Totobeni said:
After three years with Sennheiser (HD555), I finally betrayed them :(
But it was a cheap betrayal ( $85)
Welcome to the club, how do you like them compared to the old cans?

luka said:
Welcome to the club! I swear by Audio-Technica and have 4 pairs. The ATH-AD1000 is my baby.
Nice, what other AT's do you have?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
celcius said:
Nice, what other AT's do you have?
Started with the ATH-A900, upgraded to the ATH-AD900, then went all out with the 1000s. Also have a set of ATH-EM7s.

Funny enough my first "real" headphones were also the Sennheiser HD555s.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
celcius said:
Welcome to the club, how do you like them compared to the old cans?

It's still connected to my Walkman and FiiO to burn-in/break-in, I usually do this for 50-73 hours or more before I use them, I will tell you as fast as I finish the burn in.

luka said:
Funny enough my first "real" headphones were also the Sennheiser HD555s.
Augemitbutter said:
that's a nice price, congrats! i'm a betrayer as well.

We will go to hell for our sins against the Holy Senns.

SDC11548.jpg

Finally managed to get my hands on an affordable Bebop music collection. The case and booklet are pretty sexy covered in lyrics (in japanese) and concept art. 4 cds of Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts original compositions, although not every track is included sadly.

Also picked up Killzone 3 and Inception.

Yes Boss! said:
Double-dip on Uncharted 2 cause I felt like playing it again and gave away my original copy to my brother in 2009.

35d1a525.jpg

I also picked up Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain and Borderlands GOTY Ed.
They were on sale, 2 for 40 CDN.
I just wanted to get them before 'teh' UGLY RED CASES.

Amory

IMG_0558.jpg

Picked up tickets to the UConn v Notre Dame game yesterday, and was unhappy with the results...

Also Bulletstorm, a woot shirt, and some love for my DS

IMG_0561.jpg

Yes Boss!

Unregistered007 said:
I also picked up Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain and Borderlands GOTY Ed.
They were on sale, 2 for 40 CDN.
I just wanted to get them before 'teh' UGLY RED CASES.
29$ for Uncharted 2 GotY edition. Kinda craving another playthrough before the third hits. Can't argue with that price.

Tempted to pick up Heavy Rain and replay it with Move, as well.

a1m

Banned
Appollowexx said:
SDC11548.jpg

Finally managed to get my hands on an affordable Bebop music collection. The case and booklet are pretty sexy covered in lyrics (in japanese) and concept art. 4 cds of Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts original compositions, although not every track is included sadly.

Also picked up Killzone 3 and Inception.
Where did you buy that collection? The ones on ebay are 99% counterfeits because the original piece goes for $200-300 in YJA. Anyways, congrats.

Yes Boss!

Wow, the Bebop set goes for that much now!? My brother has it just sitting on a shelf.

Fricken' awesome set. Put them all on my iPod years ago.

Alucrid

Banned
Crewnh said:
http://i.imgur.com/UephI.jpg[IMG]
What else am I really going to buy this month?:lol[/QUOTE]

Man. I remember when deciding if Red or Blue was the biggest decision of my life. Now I can just get both. :lol

Alucrid said:
Man. I remember when deciding if Red or Blue was the biggest decision of my life. Now I can just get both. :lol
Oh deciding between Black and White was still a big decision for me, definitely. The other version goes to my bitter rival.

Alrus

Yay I can finally post my pick ups :)

After reading about A song of Ice and Fire in OT, I figured I'd give it a try, it's been a while since I read a fantasy book that isn't written by Pratchett. I forgot how huge those kind of book could get tho :/

opFiH.jpg

Also picked up Red Alert 3 steelbook. Don't know if the game's good, it was cheap anyway...

9UiYP.jpg

And a few stuff for med school, those books are getting expensive =/

Rimm3.jpg

v33dd.jpg

Will buy pokemon tomorrow, haven't played a pokemon game since Yellow, I'm excited to go back :p

isny

napkin dispenser
Alrus said:
Also picked up Red Alert 3 steelbook. Don't know if the game's good, it was cheap anyway...

It's actually an Ironpak AFAIK, same thing though.

Yes it's good, if you liked RA2 you'll enjoy it. Plus it has Kari Whurer as Tanya =D

(RA2 is still better though)

Thanks to a poster a few pages back and RFD, I was able to pickup one of the clearance $99 PSP's from Staples here in Canada. Also picked up the three games you see in the photo. (FF7, Capcom Puzzle World, and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded)

With this and the 3DS later this month (and my ipod touch), I think I'll be set for portable gaming for awhile.

2ziy77o.jpg

a1m said:
Where did you buy that collection? The ones on ebay are 99% counterfeits because the original piece goes for $200-300 in YJA. Anyways, congrats.

I lucked out and got it for £40 from a private seller on ebay.co.uk - sent from Tokyo - it was still sealed with the japanese stickers on the shrink wrap. Pretty happy with that as I've been searching for a good 6 months at least.

nv846d.jpg

Tactics Ogre kinda tumbled in from February... The Memory Boy's a wicked pedal - tap keeps our U2 stuff locked tight...

29eroe9.jpg

Here's my brand new $19 Arcade Fightstick for the Wii, courtesy a pricing error at a local Game Stop... And this is my second PSP Go (third in the household as my son has one too) - $99 at Staples here in Canada, and I wanted a black one to go with the white I've been using since launch... Also snapped up a couple more of the Sony OEM extended life batteries for our PSP1000/2000/3000 - I heard Sony's discontinued production on them. And of course, Y's came out so I grabbed - so many great memories of playing this game on the Turbo-CD - but I've also grabbed Xenogears and Vagrant Story, so it will have to wait a couple weeks until I can get to it... The TurboExpress has been mine for many, many years, but a couple of the audio caps went bad a while back, and at least one of the video caps gave out in February... sent it off to one of the good lads on the pcenginefx.com forum for a full overhaul, and it came back better than ever! It's looks and sounds like new - soo cool! :)

edit: switched images to tinypic

milkham

Bii said:
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. 2001. Game Boy Color. Nintendo. $25
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. 2001. Game Boy Color. Nintendo. $25

wow those boxes are in incredible condition, was this ebay?

Top Bottom