• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

nilbog21

Banned
@johnlanham holy shit what's wrong with ur foot? :eek:

edit:
rmIBj.jpg

my best purchase in ages. and of course some dam fruit snacks

Lerozz

Johnlenham said:
I picked up this on Tuesday! it is awesome :(

Thank god for the NHS , had to have 4 xrays, crutchs and all that. They are not sure if its broken (possible hairline fracture she couldn't pick up) but I have a phiso appointment on tuesday. That is FOUR days after it happened!

Congrats ? Err ...
obviously not :(

What happened ? Fell down the stairs ?

That is what happened to me nearly 4 weeks ago. Foot looked exactly like yours, even the "blue" areas. Did not have a fracture though, no crutches. According to the doctor (one of) the ligament/s is/are (partially) torn hence why the blood is in there. Swelling was better about a week later (it helps when you put a bandage on ... don't be surprised when your toes get all blue then though as blood was running in there too xD) but I am still wearing a (better and cushioned) bandage and it still hurts. Supposed to be better in about 2 weeks.

Get well. :)

Hanzou

yeah it looks very similar to the three times I sprained my ankle. The whole foot puffs up and I also got the line of bruising along the side of the foot.

Espo83

Since I have gotten a few PMs about this I guess Ill just put it out here where everyone can see it.

I got my glasses at zenni optical.

I have been thinking about ordering glasses online for a while because they are so cheap and I know that buying them at the eye doctor is a huge rip off. I was always worried that they wouldn't be right. All you have to do is get your prescription from the optometrist.

There is some good information on this blog.

Really the only iffy part is measuring your pupilary distance and if I could do it over I would see if my optometrist would put that information on the prescription (I would think they should since they are getting paid for the eye exam). My glasses work great so I guess I measured it correctly. I plan on ordering a couple of other pairs now that these have worked out so well.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
When I pump gas, I always aim for a nice, round dollar amount like $40 or $50. This is the first and only time I've hit it in all my years driving. Only had my cell phone camera with me ;)

1wck5.jpg

Please don't confuse me with Giant Bomb moron fans, I've been using Zojirushi products for as long as I can remember. I'm drinking more tea and warm water these days and this is amazing for that. Instant hot water.

dkNoa.jpg

But I still like cold drinks on occasion. My favorite soda!

B6zYh.jpg

Loxley

Timbuk 2 messenger bag, very well made and comfortable. Definitely worth the higher price tag.

Crysis 2 + L.A. Noire, loving both.

Buttons

I've been following these threads for years and have always loved them. Now that I was fortunate enough to get my account approved I thought I'd like to post some pick-ups as well. Got these things in the last 4 months. :)

My Kindle and the new fixed unlighted cover. Use this daily, especially on my train commute to University.
pickup1zmb1.jpg

My Milestone 2. Absolutely love this phone.
pickup61kpt.jpg

I still have my old PSP-1000, but I always wanted a white one so now I bought a used PSP-3000 on Ebay for 90 Euros. Good as new. Also purchased the wonderful DSi XL in one of my favourite colours. Love the big screens, my RPG collection looks better than ever.
pickup7pjym.jpg

And various game pick-ups. My RPG back-log is huge at the moment but I got almost all of the games at reduced prices on Amazon UK. The Japanese games I picked up in Akihabara when I was in Tokyo a while back.
pickup4ojrh.jpg

pickup3kk2c.jpg

pickup2lmpr.jpg

yh37v.jpg

My mom was in Dublin on a business trip and brought me some chocolates that I loved growing up, but are not sold in Germany. Yummy. :D
szrKD.jpg

daffy

Banned
New 160GB phat PS3 from a friend, to replace my old 80GB one that broke during PSN outage!

5741513106_127d8792a9_z.jpg

Got tired of waiting for Netflix to get this up :D

5740964207_69f6bfaf07_z.jpg

Also my favorite gummi bears from back home !!!

Zertez

nilbog21 said:
@johnlanham holy shit what's wrong with ur foot? :eek:

edit:
rmIBj.jpg

my best purchase in ages. and of course some dam fruit snacks
Your lungs will thank you. I loved my Volcano and it helped a lot with my breathing. Trash is still trash though and while it helps some, in the end it is still garbage.

Efrendal

May2011Pickups1.jpg

Deathsmiles: Deluxe Edition X360 (only 1.98£ at GAME thanks to a misprice)
L.A. Noire PS3

This was in the envelope L.A. Noire came in, what a nice surprise:

May2011Pickups2.jpg

mkenyon

Banned
Been a consumer whore of a month for me.

ml5tu1.jpg

New chair, new itx build w/ monitor and keyboard. Gaming rig #3 :p

2d8qgd0.jpg

Polk Monitor 40 Series II center channel and two bookshelf speakers to go with:

2rfvq15.jpg

Denon AR-591

xlmm3m.jpg

<3 Edge.

2zznaqr.jpg

Comcast Business Class, 50down/10up.

9jhst0.jpg

24 Port Switch. Had a LAN event last weekend w/ 15 people.

2ep3q5d.jpg

G2X, which all of these pictures were taken with. Was an upgrade from a Blackberry Bold, and holy crap.

robot

Another great round of trades for CPS2 games!

f3eec35c.jpg
35c2696b.jpg
046ab7ce.jpg

Street Fighter Alpha 3 I never played the arcade version despite this being one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Amazing game!

Vampire Saviour
Same thing, only played the Saturn version and I think it had a different roster. No Donovan kinda stinks but not really since I don't use him. Really like the KO/Life meter system in this game.

Mutha F'in Progear
Had no idea Cave made a Capcom CPS2 game. I love me some Cave shmups! It's a converted board, since an original Progear rare and priced way out of my league ($400+)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah Progear is pretty decent. It's cool to see Capcom x Cave. Nice pickup.

Great haul.

Yeah, the Saturn version of Vampire Savior was a sort of compilation of Vampire Savior and Vampire Savior 2, and included all the characters between both games.

Lireu77 said:
Congrats ? Err ...
obviously not :(

What happened ? Fell down the stairs ?

That is what happened to me nearly 4 weeks ago. Foot looked exactly like yours, even the "blue" areas. Did not have a fracture though, no crutches. According to the doctor (one of) the ligament/s is/are (partially) torn hence why the blood is in there. Swelling was better about a week later (it helps when you put a bandage on ... don't be surprised when your toes get all blue then though as blood was running in there too xD) but I am still wearing a (better and cushioned) bandage and it still hurts. Supposed to be better in about 2 weeks.

Get well. :)

Well they x rayed it 4 times and found no sign of a break, yet the nurse said she was shocked at this.
I did it riding BMX. Messed something up and on landing the bike clipped part of the ramp and went flat, that foot went in the back wheel and when it hit the ground it flung me into the ramp. Ballooned up instantly and has been like that since. I can hobble about the house but other than that I need crutches. Sucks as I have a house party next weekend and my Birthday the one after (weather has also gotten really nice) and im basically a house bound cripple now :(

robot

_dementia said:
Great haul.

Yeah, the Saturn version of Vampire Savior was a sort of compilation of Vampire Savior and Vampire Savior 2, and included all the characters between both games.

Thanks. Yea I was kinda bummed that they took some characters out of each Vampire Saviour. Donovan, Huitzil and Pyron are in VS2 and Jon Talbain, Rikuo and Sasquatch are in VS1 (which I wound up choosing).

Manp

got this nice bluetooth keyboard for my notebook:
dQRCn.jpg

it even has a nice portable numpad:
rLFjN.jpg

got it for 39,90€ instead of its retail price of 79,90

:)

Ok, while I did pick up some recent stuff like LA Noire, we don't need to see another picture of that. And I got a copy of Medal of Honor for the PS3. But again, who cares.

But here's my latest haul of PS1 games. Every so often I get the itch to pick up some games I haven't played in years.

1087gxu.jpg

It's too bad the box for this is a little rough. It actually looks worse in the photo than it really does in person, but still, someone wrote on the fucking box. Ugh. I have a feeling the Playstation logo in the upper left was ripped, and it appears somebody tried to make a new one. At least the game was in good shape.

rh6a09.jpg

2vmevfb.jpg

These 4 games are, however, in very good shape. Even Gran Turismo has each of the 2 booklets inside.

drkOne

Carl said:
Looks like i'm one of the few to get it

1zzpjd.jpg

Really good game. Only 2 bosses in but enjoying it so far.
How are the Dualshock controls? Don't really want to spend £50 on Move when this would be the only game I'd play it with, at least for now.

Rich!

y6lST.jpg

True Grit Blu Ray (about to watch it, my hopes are high!)
Premium 360 Controller (it's awesome)
Dead or Alive (superb fighter)

Stubo

cjelly said:
Official Dreamcast 4X memory card.

5741109554_8b0c72898c_z.jpg
I've never seen one of these before! I just looked it up, and apparently it was unreleased in Europe, along with the broadband adapter. If they'd made it over, I'm sure I would have bought both (I have 5 VMs and 3 vibration packs already, haha).

I need to pick up some more Dreamcast games, I feel my existing collection doesn't do justice to such an amazing console.

mollipen

$40 for a bunch of Blu-rays... thanks Blockbuster! Only had enough replacement cases to do six titles, so need to pick up some more. When I picked up the second batch today, due no doubt to my undeniable charms, the guy at the store pulled the copies of Alice in Wonderland and Scott Pilgrim from their rental stock to sell to me since all of their for-sale copies were gone by that point. Really wish I could have snagged stuff like Chocolate and Ponyo, though.

(And yes, for $4, I will feel no shame in buying and watching G.I. Joe and Day the Earth Stood Still!)

dt5ob.jpg

Rubius

NaJu3.jpg

0u9dd.jpg

dgVHN.jpg

4Phtr.jpg

cRiJJ.jpg

Its Garage Sale 3 Day weekend here in Quebec.
Here the count.

*Atari 2600 A Joystick and the Pad (power seem to be fucked up, it worked... then no more),Adventure of Tron,Air Raiders,Asteroids,Astroblast,Baseball,2 x Defender,Donkey Kong,ET,Football,Football Real Sports,Journey Escape, Joust, Mario Bros,Missile Command,Ms Pac Man,Pole Position,Qbert,Seaquest,Space Attack,Space Invaders,Star Raiders,2x Tron Deadly Discs,2x Vanguard,Yars' Revenge,.

*Genesis with two controller, A bunch of Sport games and Sonic 2 without the case.

*A Complete Xbox in Box, Fusion Frenzy, KOTOR

*For the Gamecube :Sonic Adventure DX,Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Heroes, Spyro: A Hero's tail

*For the PS1 : Activision Classic Games for the Atari 2600, Battle Hunter, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy Origins, Frogger 2, Diablo, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Rayman, Spyro

* A 28" ish inch tv with alot of input and a little Stand.

All that for about 85-95$ ish

Top Bottom