• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

omgkitty

Alucrid said:
c90Dwl.jpg

Nice to see someone getting their Koreeda on! I love Still Walking. One of my favorites.

JEKKI

JZaxI.jpg

I don’t wanna be without you girl!

마지막 인사는 접어두길 바래 오늘 단 하루만큼은

내 서툰 마음 까지 안고 가줘

I love you! I need you girl!

baby baby baby 조금 어색하지만 서로

baby baby baby 아직 사랑하고 있는데

baby baby baby 두렵기는 하지만서도

끝이보이지만 난 그래도 only you girl!

Here is some of my haul over the last few months.

Got Bioshock 2,GOW collection,Transformers,GTA IV episodes,Madden 11,NCAA 11,and RDR for $10 each.Black Ops,GOW III,Heavy Rain,Dragon Age Ultimate,Fable III,FF 13, were $15 and Castlevania was $20 at pawn shops and flea markets.

Found X-files season 1 for $15 and couldn't pass it up.

jaydogg691

Haven't been keeping up with the times. Bought my 360 last month and just picked up Portal 2 with stuff today.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

Majine said:
Isn't it alot more expensive to buy a 250 GB HDD seperately? Or did the matte look take over your financial thinking? ;)
Last month (I think) Microsoft discounted prices on all 360 accessories, which brought the price of the HDD to $100. Also, the matte finish does look better.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
50mm14.jpg

Picked up a 50mm 1.4, next to my old 50mm 1.8. Didn't realize they made plastic and metal versions of each. My 1.8 is all metal and the 1.4 is a whole lot of plastic.

Since winning my Kindle last week, I've been browsing for a case obviously. As I wasn't really feeling any of the cases I'd seen on amazon, I found myself looking at alternatives. Went to Barnes & Noble's website to see the cases they offered for and saw one I liked.

P1010074.jpg

P1010076.jpg

Basically an $85 dollar case that I got for about $21 after tax at my local Barnes & Noble.

Blablurn

JEKKI said:
JZaxI.jpg

마지막 인사는 접어두길 바래 오늘 단 하루만큼은

내 서툰 마음 까지 안고 가줘

I love you! I need you girl!

baby baby baby 조금 어색하지만 서로

baby baby baby 아직 사랑하고 있는데

baby baby baby 두렵기는 하지만서도

끝이보이지만 난 그래도 only you girl!

high five, i bought the same shirt

Alucrid

Banned
Easystride said:
Great pick-ups. I've been meaning to see Maborosi, but it is hard to come by. How is it?

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Only got through Afterlife and Nobody Knows.

MrEnglishPanda said:
Nice to see someone getting their Koreeda on! I love Still Walking. One of my favorites.

Yep, after seeing Still Walking I had to check out his other works. That movie was aboslutely brilliant.

WEGGLES

All sorts of pick-ups.

This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket

cover is all banged up. :{ Hopefully I can get a replacement.

Explosions in the Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

Comes in a house. The jacket folds into 4 walls, and it comes with a poster for the "yard".

Matador at 21 compilation

Bedouin Soundclash - Light The Horizon

Got this at a concert. Do not remember the concert. The album is good, though!

Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island

Been meaning to pick this up... the last track is shortened, which is good.

Record Store day pick-ups.

Syd Barrett - An introduction to Syd Barrett

Nice compilation. Really like it. Good track list, and art with the lyrics for each song. It's nice.

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues single

Can not wait for the full album. Sounds excellent on vinyl.

Architecture in Helsinki - Places Like This (Pink vinyl for RSD)

I wanted this for a while, so the pink vinyl is a bonus (?).

Grinderman - Palaces of Montezuma single

Great track, and the remixes are great as well. The disc looks insane.

of Montreal - The Past is a Grotesque Animal

Bob Dylan - Brandeis Live 1963

It's alright. Not as big a fan of early Bob. I prefer the mid/late 60s stuff to the early 60s stuff.

The Flaming Lips - Heady Nuggs

Set of their first* 5 WB albums remastered. Love it. (Though, technically Zaireeka should be there not Yoshimi... not complaining though!)

Amazing album. First one I own 3 copies of. 1 on CD and two on vinyl (Stupidly bought a copy a week or so before RSD despite planning on buying this set from when I first heard of it, the store I got it from was no refunds or store credit. Only exchange for same item grr.)

I had planned to spend ~$100 on Record Store Day. Spent $310. :lol

And this came with my copy of Tunnel Blanket...

And some actual games!

kiryogi

Banned
Sagitario said:
Tempest finally got ignored!

I find it funny that there is a girl on that cover :p

Tempest has been ignored for ages now. And it's not that funny really, Mira is a lead character. If I recall correctly, you can either choose to play as Jude or Mira. The main site seems to support this as well.

Warpaint: Ideally 30-35 in japan (2,800 yen) but I did pay a nice markup for it... But the funny catch to this book right now is that it's sold out everywhere. Don't know if it's out of print or just out of stock currently.

Auron_Kale said:
Since winning my Kindle last week, I've been browsing for a case obviously. As I wasn't really feeling any of the cases I'd seen on amazon, I found myself looking at alternatives. Went to Barnes & Noble's website to see the cases they offered for and saw one I liked.

P1010074.jpg

P1010076.jpg

Basically an $85 dollar case that I got for about $21 after tax at my local Barnes & Noble.

You should have looked at dealextreme, I got a really good one for 6$, everyone I know ordered the same one.

Chairhome

Auron_Kale said:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010074.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010076.jpg[IMG]

Basically an $85 dollar case that I got for about $21 after tax at my local Barnes & Noble.[/QUOTE]
But isn't the Kindle a direct competitor to the nook? It strikes me odd that they would sell accessories for the competition.

Chairhome said:
But isn't the Kindle a direct competitor to the nook? It strikes me odd that they would sell accessories for the competition.

It's basically a case for the Nook wifi/3G that I'm currently using as my Kindle case. It's cheaper than any of the cases that I seen on amazon's site or at Target. Also, since it was already $10 cheaper than the official Kindle case I saw at Target, I figured why not.

From the picture, it fits fine and I have access on the bottom for the power button, volume buttons, headphone jack & USB slot.

Great case, good deal and didn't have to wait for it to be shipped.

D-Pad

Look what I gots:

6WiZyl.jpg

Not bad for $7.48! My first mainline DQ game. I have class work to finish so it'll be a little longer before I get to start though.

Hanzou

molekiller said:
You should have looked at dealextreme, I got a really good one for 6$, everyone I know ordered the same one.

Which one is that? I may be in the market for a kindle case.

HildyB

5680081351_006f151638.jpg

Portal 2 ($35 sale)
Woot Shirt ($10) - Awesome portal theme, back has orange portal with mouse butt :p
Warcraft III Battle Chest ($10, why not)

HildyB said:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5680081351_006f151638.jpg[IMG]
Portal 2 ($35 sale)
Woot Shirt ($10) - Awesome portal theme, back has orange portal with mouse butt :p
Warcraft III Battle Chest ($10, why not)[/QUOTE]

Third or fourth time I've seen that shirt, and having just finished Portal 2 last night I ended up snapping and buying it today. Most brands I fit fine in a XL, but judging by their sizing guide I'd be better off in a 2XL.

If 2XL is too baggy to be comfortable I'll have to swap it for a XL...any idea how good Woot is with returns?

Yes Boss! said:

I saw this and I thought "hey, I didn't see Yes Boss!'s avatar..... I guess he has competition for SE Asian blu-rays."

You need to bring it back ASAP :D

Also, do you have any recommendations? I love HK cinema and I wanted to get into some other world cinema as well. Looking for blurays but I have no idea what's good or bad. Not sure what I'd like but I'm open to suggestion.

AbsoluteZero said:
Third or fourth time I've seen that shirt, and having just finished Portal 2 last night I ended up snapping and buying it today. Most brands I fit fine in a XL, but judging by their sizing guide I'd be better off in a 2XL.

If 2XL is too baggy to be comfortable I'll have to swap it for a XL...any idea how good Woot is with returns?
I don't think you can do returns for wrong sizes. I usually wear a medium, and I order large for woot shirts. It shrinks just a little bit in the wash, and then it fits good.

Easystride said:
I don't think you can do returns for wrong sizes. I usually wear a medium, and I order large for woot shirts. It shrinks just a little bit in the wash, and then it fits good.

Gotcha. Seems like 2XL will be fine then.

Yes Boss!

fadetoblack said:
I saw this and I thought "hey, I didn't see Yes Boss!'s avatar..... I guess he has competition for SE Asian blu-rays."

You need to bring it back ASAP :D

Also, do you have any recommendations? I love HK cinema and I wanted to get into some other world cinema as well. Looking for blurays but I have no idea what's good or bad. Not sure what I'd like but I'm open to suggestion.
Never really figured out how to do the new avatar since the change. I always hosted with my photobucket link but now it does not work...read the FAQ but still does not make sense ;-(

For Indian cinema, there are plenty of reccomendations I have. Do know, that it is a bit of an aquired taste but if you are already open to HK stuff from the last thirty years then you should have no problem. PM me for reccomendations (hindi, or the more esoteric regional stuff from the south). Keep in mind that there is very little parallel cinema represented on blu-ray (Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihalani, Bimal Roy, etc), but plenty of bonafide classics from the last fifteen years. Also, Criterion just announced Jalsaghar for July (The Music Room, as it is known in the west) which is, hands down, my favorite Bengali movie. Sadly, no golden age indian cinema has made it to blu, yet. Crushing since that stuff is on par with the best golden ages and stands right up there proudly against golden-age Mexican, postwar Japanese, Nouvelle Vague, and the Russian masterworks from the same time.

In any case, I've seen about 800 indian movies so I can give you plenty of interesting entrance movies...even on DVD. PM me!

For pick-ups, I bought the UMD version of FFIV. Been awhile since I've bought UMDs and I forgot just how much fun the little packaging can be:

57a3cb70.jpg

AbsoluteZero said:
Those of us that aren't quite as perverted have no problem unseeing it.

It's a shame. He should have just shown the back legs. Thing is, people walking behind you and not seeing the context of the shirt will see sperm.

A friend who works on games mags gave me these... probably not the kind of posters a grown ass 27 year old should have in his boudoir, but eh, fuck it!

3kwEs.gif

And I bought this :)

1ps0a.gif

desu

LiK said:
gaming PC complete!

2011-04-29_23-57-07_818.jpg

I guess you couldnt be bothered to use the backside and the cable canals for hiding the cables?

Anyway got the case as well and I am loving it!

joelseph

radioheadrule83 said:
A friend who works on games mags gave me these... probably not the kind of posters a grown ass 27 year old should have in his boudoir, but eh, fuck it!

Two things:

1. Frame them, problem solved.

2. A Boudoir is a girls bedroom.

Top Bottom