• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Quake1028

xaSFm.jpg

Mofro

Neo Member
MY FIRST PICK UP POST! Let's see if I can do this without doing anything stupid......

Some stuff for my gaming room:

Snake!

Should have taken the pic before I put it behind glass.......

Here is the sig

Club Nintendo pick up

plc268

Aruarian Reflection said:
Doesn't cable management improve airflow though, leading to cooler temperatures? Or is that just a myth?

Yes, proper cable management will improve airflow and does lead to cooler temperatures. But the advantages of super neat cable management is overstated, and won't lead to huge temperature differences... if at all.

Cable management was important several years ago when IDE ribbon cables were still the popular choice to hookup hard drives and optical drives. If you didn't have a round IDE cable, then you had to route the ribbon cables around to maintain proper airflow. Now SATA cables are the norm, and cases come with more (and larger) fans than ever. So long as you don't have a wad of cables from your PSU in the middle of the case, you don't have to worry about cable management.

If you do want to do, do it for aesthetics or your pride (some take pride in this stuff). I've done it in the past, but lately I rather have my cables slightly messy, as it becomes more of a pain in the ass if you want to upgrade and all the cables are zip tied and tucked away.

expy

Banned
Patrick Roy said:
Awesome pickup! Just curious, which contest did you win this from?
Was a facebook by Head Strong Grafx. They had a 'design your mask' contest and the winner won their design painted on a New Image Goalie Mask - Shark 954 goalie mask. =)

TommyT

I DID NOT BUY THIS (yet)... so here's a stock photo from where it's available:

5354378446_6eff89ee81_b_large.jpg

Hotlinked - so if someone wants to rehost please do. This is just a psa :)

is now available again here

eXistor

TommyT said:

5354378446_6eff89ee81_b_large.jpg

Hotlinked - so if someone wants to rehost please do. This is just a psa :)

is now available again here
I'm quite happy with mine, it's very well made. Actually drinking out of it isn't ideal though, the mug is quite thick, but I've chugged a few beers with it already!

TommyT

eXistor said:
I'm quite happy with mine, it's very well made. Actually drinking out of it isn't ideal though, the mug is quite thick, but I've chugged a few beers with it already!

Hard to get your mouth around thick things to drink out of them... confirmed

TxdoHawk

Supposedly the new production run of the mugs are a little thinner to help with this. I really want one...but it's so hard to justify twenty-something dollars for a mug, even one that awesome.

Chairhome

TommyT said:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/1962/products/5354378446_6eff89ee81_b_large.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]Hotlinked - so if someone wants to rehost please do. This is just a psa :)[/spoiler]

is now available again [URL="http://fangamer.net/products/e-mug"]here[/URL][/QUOTE]
Avatar quote (cause I don't know how to do this with the new avatar system).

TommyT

TxdoHawk said:
Supposedly the new production run of the mugs are a little thinner to help with this. I really want one...but it's so hard to justify twenty-something dollars for a mug, even one that awesome.

$32 mang :\

Chairhome said:
Avatar quote (cause I don't know how to do this with the new avatar system).

Gotta host it somewhere. Imgur (or whatever it is) seems the be the popular one. I was letting people know it's available again. I haven't picked it up so I don't see an issue with using the stock picture to let people know what item is available for them to buy. If I said "look at what I bought" then posted that pic, you could cry foul
*avatar quote of yourself here* ;D

Mofro said:
MY FIRST PICK UP POST! Let's see if I can do this without doing anything stupid......

Snake!

[/URL]
I'll spoiler this because I don't want to ruin the image for you now that you've bought it:
Snake looks pregnant!

Fjordson

Mofro said:

*snip*
Dude, the Snake and Portal pictures are bloody fantastic. Where did you get them?

Mofro

Neo Member
darkpaladinmfc said:
I'll spoiler this because I don't want to ruin the image for you now that you've bought it:
Snake looks pregnant!

That is TOO funny! Naw, doesn't bother me in the least, I still dig it! LOL!

Got the Snake from eBay, and as the other poster said, the Valve Store for the print.

Alucrid

Banned
Jayayess1190 said:
New Lenovo X220 finally arrived today:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Jayayess1190/P1030331.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Jayayess1190/P1030336.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Jayayess1190/P1030340.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ok...wow, that's good timing. How do you like it? I was thinking of selling my MBP for one.

Alucrid said:
Ok...wow, that's good timing. How do you like it? I was thinking of selling my MBP for one.
It is most definitely the best computer I've ever owned, and I haven't even installed Windows yet (about to do a clean install)! It is so light, beautifully built, I love it.

5684312033_e484e0f91f_z.jpg

Also snagged a ton of PS1 and PS2 games in a set of ebay auctions at the end of April, but I already have them on my game shelf and I am too lazy to take them back down for photos. Almost 40 games in that lot so I probably will not bother unless I get bugged for pictures.

Forsete

Jayayess1190 said:
New Lenovo X220 finally arrived today:

Oh, nomnomnom.. Lenovos are so hot. I have a old and cheap one (N200 something) but it chugging along.. while my workmates much newer HP laptops crashes one after another.

The more expensive VAIOs and most of the Lenovos are probably the only laptops I would consider owning.

hobdal

Neo Member
Got Motorstorm Apocalypse and Heavy Rain from Shopto. I got the Move Edition of Heavy Rain because it was the cheapest. Really enjoying both of these.

IMAG0435.jpg

This next pick up is what I'm most excited about though. My brother and I run a 24hr vehicle breakdown and recovery company, and we just got our new truck delivered at the end of last week. It's the first one we own outright, the other two we have are lease hire. It was actually bought in March, but Thursday was it's first day with us because it had a full refurb and paint job. It's a 2001 7.5 ton Mercedes Vario, it's done 460,000km and it drives like the day it left the factory.

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Jayayess1190 said:
It is most definitely the best computer I've ever owned, and I haven't even installed Windows yet (about to do a clean install)! It is so light, beautifully built, I love it.

Awesome to hear. Does the SSD make it lightning fast?

hobdal said:
Got Motorstorm Apocalypse and Heavy Rain from Shopto. I got the Move Edition of Heavy Rain because it was the cheapest. Really enjoying both of these.

IMAG0435.jpg
I thought for a minute that said Heavy Rain Movie Edition. I wouldn't have been surprised if that actually existed.

Alucrid said:
Awesome to hear. Does the SSD make it lightning fast?
Yes, very much. Coming from an Acer 3810T with a 1.4GHz SU9400 and an Acer 1830T with a 1.2GHz i5-430UM, this absolutely flies compared to them. Programs install quick as hell, everything is just fast since before I used ULV laptops.

Alucrid

Banned
LiK said:
damn, i agree. what's her full name? i need to look up her stuff

Yeah, okay.

Jayayess1190 said:
Yes, very much. Coming from an Acer 3810T with a 1.4GHz SU9400 and an Acer 1830T with a 1.2GHz i5-430UM, this absolutely flies compared to them. Programs install quick as hell, everything is just fast since before I used ULV laptops.

Goddamn, now I'm tempted to get that added on...

Top Bottom