• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Tarazet

I posted this in another thread, but it only got 30 replies and it's on page 6 now so I'll repost..

Bought a bulk lot from Bjork, most (not all) of which is going to resale. The Wii stuff is separate from that.

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

purgeface said:
DSC00771.jpg

Splurged a bit today. Also paid in full for Forza 2, CMR: DIRT, The Darkness, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and BioShock CE.
Holy crap, how much did it all cost? And why buy point cards when you can buy them on Xbox Live with a click of 2 buttons, especially since it's a couple cents cheaper.

Anzu

Banned
so I caved in and got myself

monsterhunterportable2nd.jpg

+ Wifi Max. If anyone else here plays it on Xlink Kai, send me a PM so we can hunt together :)

And finally found one of these on VGP website:

vplennpspreivew.JPG

Also waiting for Odin Sphere to arrive.

Can't wait to play MHP2 like a caveman. Will be buying the US version too.

.hacked

OverHeat said:
Where did you get that black HD-DVD player and black wireless adapter?

I colored them with black vinyl dye, like spray paint but it bonds with the plastic and does not scratch off.

tmaynard said:
Wait, do I see 2 Wii sensor bars placed on top of one another?

At first I thought it was an illusion caused by the reflection in the glass.

I have a US and Japanese Wii so there are 2 sensor bars.

metroid23 said:
Of course, none of it would have been possible without a friend of mine on this board who's an actual arcade game collector helping with the move. It's a beast!

Hahah, it was pretty bad, but believe it or not I've moved worse in the past. Getting a Spy Hunter up two flights of stairs last summer was one of the worst, especially since the landing between the two flights was almost exactly the same depth of the game. Moving a STUN Runner up a bunch of stairs (and having it fall on me) wasn't too fun either. :D

As for May pick-ups, I don't have any pics yet, but I scored a few arcade games: Tutankham, Pengo, and WACKO. And a kickass Bemani bundle from Bjork. :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Synbios459 said:
Holy crap, how much did it all cost? And why buy point cards when you can buy them on Xbox Live with a click of 2 buttons, especially since it's a couple cents cheaper.

Spent around $600. Bought the point card because I saw it there at the counter, just an impulse buy I suppose.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Valkyr Junkie said:
Whoa. There's a Rock & Roll Racing 2?!

It was released in the U.S. under a different name. Can't remember what it was though..."Red" something...?

MaddenNFL64

Rainbow Six Vegas, MLB 2K7, and Prey (It was $20) for the 360.

Oh, and I slipped in Pokemon Diamond :D. Bought a Wireless-N router for it too (and a future Wii, if I ever find one :().

xcomp

Android18a said:
AzureNightmareXE said:
Its spelled and pronounced Kasimasi
Really? It's spelled Kashimashi on the manga I got...
Both are correct really, just two different Romanisation systems. The first "Kasimasi" without the "h" is the Kunrei system used widely by Japanese people and, the second way "Kashimashi" is the Hepburn system used by Westerners to clearly show the pronunciation.

And er, nice goods people! Always good to see pics of what merchandise other people got :D

nubbe

Finaly got my hands on a Wii

wii_pal.jpg

51dGqCLLP-L._AA280_.jpg

54660.jpg
56640.jpg

Viva Pinata ain't getting any playtime due to Pokemon. The pinatas had no chanse to compete :p

.hacked

cicero said:
How many of the numerous anime sets that you have bought have you actually watched, percentage wise?

I would not buy an anime if I did not wtch it.

I would say I am at 95% there are only a few older ones I have not seen yet.

PS2
Shadow Hearts - New World
Shadow Hearts - Covenant
Airstyle Wireless pad x3

DS
Picross

I was gonna get the original too, but they're going for £50 + on Amazon Marketplace...
I was really chuffed with finding those Airstyle pads...been looking for a decent PS2 wireless jobby for ages (try HMV, for any UK Gaffers - though I think I bought the last few from the Oxford St branch)!

Anzu

Banned
Cdammen said:
*urge to buy PSP rising*

I hate being indecisive. I have the cash for a system and a couple of games but something tells me not to buy this it... :(

Honestly, the PSP is so amazing, I've fell in love with handheld gaming. Buy it now! Get a decent sized memory stick, some great games and you won't regret it.

Dascu

No pics, but I got Final Fantasy 3 DS and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
My birthday's next week, so I'll probably get a few more games then (maybe Metal Slug Anthology for Wii and Hotel Dusk).

RayStorm

Whoa. There's a Rock & Roll Racing 2?!

It was released in the U.S. under a different name. Can't remember what it was though..."Red" something...?

Red Asphalt - Rock 'n Roll Racing 2. Also the name in Europe. And you really don't want to know any more about it.

EktorPR

.hacked said:
PSP:
Legends of Heroes III
Wariors

PS3:
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

New Laptop:

laptop001qh3.jpg

laptop002ua1.jpg

Not to be a hater but...a Vaio? Sorry, I can't fathom buying a computer from Sony, no sirre. :p

maxmars

This month I've been quite busy with new games. :)

The stats:

two DS and two Wii games;
three third party games
three online-enabled games
three great games (guess which one is "meh")

07_may.png

Top Bottom