• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

It used to be one of the best weapons in the game (tied with Thorn). Now it's not so great.

Tips for using it: it's only good once all perks are unlocked. Use Smooth Ballistics + Perfect Balance and make sure "The Last Word" perk is unlocked. Don't use Aim Down Sights, instead fire from the hip to get bonus damage and accuracy. Engage in close range battles only and pair it with a fusion rifle or sniper to try to cover medium and long range distances if necessary. It has full-auto fire but usually you should use individual trigger pulls instead (full auto is handy if you aim at the lower body and just hold down the trigger though, but don't try to chain headshots with it).

edit: also hand cannon reload gloves are a must, you're going to have to reload after every engagement because of the small mag.

Thanks, will work with that, but I am currently very comfortable with the Dead Orbit Auto Rifle and the Hereafter Sniper.

Agent

Well DestinyGAF, my city is in lockdown for the Pope this weekend....time to put in some work on alts

Philadelphia? Me too. Had off work today and a half day Monday due to half the city on lockdown. I've been playing all day working on my alts. So far a productive day by getting Jade Rabbit, Immolation Fists, Crest of Alpha and many quests done.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Titan at 297 ready for raid and my Warlock at 288 will be soon just need to get more abilities unlocked in the sub class.

Daemul

OMG I'm crying with laughter here, the PvP portion of the exotic sword quest is brilliant, the complete opposite of TLW quest, I'm just going around smacking people with my hilt and somehow making it out alive. I manged to get 16 out of the 25 kills I need in a single a match and it was hilarity all the way through, I somehow even pulled a 2.7kd out of my arse in that game, fuck knows how, it shouldn't even been possible to go positive with the way I was playing.

Arrrammis

Reposting for new page:

Need one more for G
olgoroth
, preferably has experience (in the only one who has done it so far in this group, and I'm not very good at explaining things), and light 290.
PSN: Arrrammis

Any reason to do Heroic Strikes after getting the marks for the week? Is there anything that can only drop in them like the strike specific class items?

DGAF King's Fall Blind Raid in 1 hour!!!

Friday, 7:30pm CST

1) xplicitone (confirmed)
2) Frenden (confirmed)
3) Pyrandes (confirmed)
4) Rehsa / Moridhin (confirmed)
5) darkshodan / darkshodan84 (confirmed)
6) achamian / cptsupermarket (need confirmation 730pm CST works)

alt) xir (apt when? Does 7:30pm CST work if cpt can't make it?)

Pyrandes, Darkshodan and cptsupermarket hasn't responded to my FR yet. Please try to by 7pm CST or respond here :D

I'm guessing we'll need a 6th because I haven't heard from cptsupermarket (or xir) for a while...

Nirran

Reposting for new page:

Need one more for G
olgoroth
, preferably has experience (in the only one who has done it so far in this group, and I'm not very good at explaining things), and light 290.

Still need one? I have an idea as I've only done a couple attempts on him. I added you on psn

What's everyone's success rate with 3oC now? I've used 8 of them and still nothing. Before hand it seemed like every 5 or so would net an exotic.

Shito

Just did a great part of the raid for the first time.
We started from the totems, and called it a day after bringing down Oryx to half life.
Had a great time, but of course so-so loot: only ended up with a 300 ghost and a 302 cloak.
Still, that's enough to push me to 296.

Can't wait to down Oryx one of these days. ^^

Arrrammis

What's everyone's success rate with 3oC now? I've used 8 of them and still nothing. Before hand it seemed like every 5 or so would net an exotic.
So far I'm 1 for 1, but that one was for the w
arpriest
raid encounter. I'm not sure if raid bosses could as bonus towards an exotic engram, anyone want to test it out later?

sjay1994

2) Frenden (confirmed)
3) Pyrandes (confirmed)

Pyrandes, Darkshodan and cptsupermarket hasn't responded to my FR yet. Please try to by 7pm CST or respond here :D

I'm guessing we'll need a 6th because I haven't heard from cptsupermarket (or xir) for a while...

If you need a sixth, I can join.

Arrrammis

Need one more for G
olgoroth
, help me test my theory that raid bosses have a better chance of exotic engrams! So far I'm 1 for 1!

Admodieus

Philadelphia? Me too. Had off work today and a half day Monday due to half the city on lockdown. I've been playing all day working on my alts. So far a productive day by getting Jade Rabbit, Immolation Fists, Crest of Alpha and many quests done.

Yup, Philly too. Surreal to see the streets so empty.

oSoLucky

Looking for any part of the raid(especially Oryx) on my 300 Hunter or 297 Titan. I have O and G checkpoints if desired. PSN is KC_Darkness.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder if they'll still drop them if you've already completed it this week? Probably not
So far as I understand the way 3oC work, they absolutely should.

Just bear in mind that 3oC is always a chance. We don't know what the chance starts out as, nor how much it increases by after every attempt. We know that it shook out to a roughly 1-in-5 chance from basic testing but that of course doesn't mean you will get 1 from every 5 or 2 from every 10.

Theoretically if you use enough without getting an exotic the chance goes up to 100% but I'm not what that number is or if anyone has hit it yet. Merely using 5 or 10 without getting anything doesn't mean they aren't working correctly.

edit: I also don't think Raid bosses would have any higher than normal chance of dropping exotic engrams though that'd be cool.

Sounds lucky

I was playing lvl 36 strikes. Then after 4 of those I decided to run lvl 10 summoning pits. I'm on 3oC number 9 at this point.

Sounds like poor luck then. Doing it like that your drop rates should be at the same as before the patch. They are only reduced in efficacy when using them in short succession.

Silvard

Reposting for new page:

Need one more for G
olgoroth

I'll do it if you still need one. PSN: SilvardCT

gdt

Ummm there's a new Nexus Chamber strike on Venus....I had no clue. Is it in the playlist? Why is so much shit missing from the heroic playlist? A rotation of all of the games strikes would be awesome.

Rehsa

2) Frenden (confirmed)
3) Pyrandes (confirmed)

Will be on right about 730 after I put my son to bed

Sounds like poor luck then. Doing it like that your drop rates should be at the same as before the patch. They are only reduced in efficacy when using them in short succession.

Poor luck for sure. I just finally got one.

Anyone know if the trick of not picking it up and sending it to postmaster still works to keep your percentage high?

Top Bottom