• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ERMint13

I've got a question for the raid veterans. I'm at 296 and planning on doing the raid this weekend for the first time. I have a blue rocket launcher that's 297, but doesn't have tracking, I have a thunderlord at 290 and a Truth at 289. Should I infuse one of those, or just keep using the blue rocket launcher? If I lose any light in infusion, I'm down to 295. I feel pretty comfortable that I'm ready for the raid, just trying to see what would be the most helpful.

At 289 light I got through the raid no problem. I used a 286 MG with Crowd Control for the raid with no issues also.

I used Celestial Nighthawk YR 2 Version alot for some big DPS on certain bosses though.

Arrrammis

What's the light level Req for the Raid? I'm at 287, the req is 290, right?
290 is recommended, but you could probably do OK at 287. If you haven't already completed the other quests, do those! You can get some great gear. (300 secondary for the vanguard strikes, 300 artifact from the court, etc.)

What's the light level Req for the Raid? I'm at 287, the req is 290, right?

Much better to have good weapons *coughcough-agoodsniper-coughcough* than it is to be 290 light, but have crap weapons.

Also, the DPS of a dead guardian is 0. So being a 285 who doesn't die and hits his shots is better than a 295 who dies a lot and can't crit for his life.

cakely

Quick question for you guys:

I'm going to start building faction rep with one faction, and I'm deciding between FWC and Dead Orbit. Normally, I would buy FWC gear because it has Int + Discipline on it.

When you get gear from reward packages, does it have completely random stats or does it tend to line up with the stats that the vendor actually sells? In other words, is FWC more likely to Int + Disc?

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print.jpg

Ophelion

I'm going to start building faction rep with one faction, and I'm deciding between FWC and Dead Orbit. Normally, I would buy FWC gear because it has Int + Discipline on it.

When you get gear from reward packages, does it have completely random stats or does it tend to line up with the stats that the vendor actually sells? In other words, is FWC more likely to Int + Disc?

Y'know, I never thought to check that. Gear has different perks than what is sold in the shop though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stats changed too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man that reddit thread and accompanying grimoire stuff is good reading

PUT GRIMOIRE IN GAEM BUNGIE GOD DAMMIT! Let me read this shit while in orbit!

So is anything from the gunsmith this week going to worth taking a flyer on? Or is the general assumption that it's all going to be 280 stuff until we hit an exotic level?

He gave me a 300 Suros auto rifle in my rank 3 package. I will be using it to raise ATK on one of my primaries, not sure which one.

matmanx1

what weapons did people order from Banshee this week?

Just the Omolon sniper. I have scout rifles coming out of my ears (Jade Rabbit, Boolean Gemini and Dead Orbit's Hung Jury SR4) and only 1 new legendary sniper so far. I also ordered both of the Hakke pulse rifles last week.

Looks like the stats are all mixed up this time around. No one group has a certain stat set exclusively. Rep what you want based on the look, the shaders and the (hopefully) eventual ship rewards. Remember, you need level 25 with a faction to get the quest for the exotic class item that you can wear with another exotic armor piece.

cakely

Y'know, I never thought to check that. Gear has different perks than what is sold in the shop though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stats changed too.

In my experience, the stats seem to be completely random, but I was just wondering if anyone had insight.

I'll pick dead orbit if it's random, FWC if it leans towards Int + Disc.

cakely

Just the Omolon sniper. I have scout rifles coming out of my ears (Jade Rabbit, Boolean Gemini and Dead Orbit's Hung Jury SR4) and only 1 new legendary sniper so far. I also ordered both of the Hakke pulse rifles last week.

Looks like the stats are all mixed up this time around. No one group has a certain stat set exclusively. Rep what you want based on the look, the shaders and the (hopefully) eventual ship rewards. Remember, you need level 25 with a faction to get the quest for the exotic class item that you can wear with another exotic armor piece.

Thank you, that is exactly what I'm going for. I had no idea there was a level 25 item until today, and now i want it. :)

i'm pretty happy to hear how they dealt with three of coin. i like running strikes a lot so popping a single one each strike i ran sounded like a fun bit of chance. i'm glad they're just making it pointless to use the back to back exploit and not just lower the drop chance.

Ophelion

In my experience, the stats seem to be completely random, but I was just wondering if anyone had insight.

I'll pick dead orbit if it's random, FWC if it leans towards Int + Disc.

The war cult all look like tropical clowns though. And their organization's philosophy is demented. I mean, who self-identifies as a cult? At least try and hide your crazy, for goodness sake! Best to go with Dead Orbit...one must have standards after all.

I coudn't pick up my gun from the Smith yesterday. I was on a business trip.

Will it still be there?

Also is there any Xbox dudes running TTK raid this weekend.

D_psipher

Any raids going on that need an extra? Add d-psipher. I have been trying to get this done now for a bit but it is always to late to finish.

zewone

Yep pretty much, the grind is real in TTK. I deleted my other two characters last night, I really can't be arsed doing all these quests again. FIFA is out so I need to get started on that anyway, though I've heard terrible things about it, so I might just get PES instead.

I don't know if I'll actually delete them, but I plan on just using for storage and NF chances.

No way am I doing all these quests 3 times.

Deku Tree

With a gun ;)

Hehe stay under the crystal room: stand in the water and snipe away

Ok I killed one of them. It takes a long time, and you run out of ammo numerous times in the process. And it's all no scope.

Why didn't I get their grimoire for beating them in the raid?

Is the new VoG grimoire bugged too?

LOL. Here I was complaining about Hadium Flakes when the exotic sword quests makes you not only loop farm endless fucking relic iron, but the bullshit relic drop doesn't even happen each collection. 25 nodes farmed, zero relics. Amazing. This is absolute trash for a quest. Fuck off Bungie.

phen0m24

LOL. Here I was complaining about Hadium Flakes when the exotic sword quests makes you not only loop farm endless fucking relic iron, but the bullshit relic drop doesn't even happen each collection. 25 nodes farmed, zero relics. Amazing. This is absolute trash for a quest. Fuck off Bungie.

Wait GB. Are your item slots full? I had collected a crap ton of wormspore but didn't get any of it because my slots were full. That ticked me off. :(

the void sword is pretty fucking cool though

you'll be spinning around like Link soon enough

300px-LinkSpinAttackSSBM.gif

the void ability kills as hunter were more of a pain for me

sephi22

SilvardCT
j_rocca42
sephi22
ragonster
---
---

Need 2 more for fresh PSN raid

EDIT: I wanna do this before the Dota 2 patch hits :D

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
damn it I bought a 280 ghost...was sure it would push me from 289 to 290...not even 3mm of the yellow light level bar are missing for 289->290...god I am annoyed right now :D

also that's me right now, what do you guys think?

neoism

Sector 618 is the worst...THE WORST map in the game.
So much obstruction with narrow pathways and shit line of sight.

To top it off mother fuckin team mates always running for their pot shots and blocking/pushing me away. ..enemies spawning in front of me or me spawning in front of them. Fuck this map really.

I always get really angry after playing this map and the game seems to be very adamant at putting me in this map consistently on the few PvP matches that I do play these days.

yeah it comes up waaaay to much also.... i hate it.

Deku Tree

I don't know if I'll actually delete them, but I plan on just using for storage and NF chances.

No way am I doing all these quests 3 times.

It really totally sucks that the only way to get the 310 Artifact is to do the whole entire long Taken War Quest on each character.

Top Bottom