• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mupod

It really totally sucks that the only way to get the 310 Artifact is to do the whole entire long Taken War Quest on each character.

hold up is the end reward for that an artifact or a class item? Someone was telling me it was a 310 class item.

My warlock bond is my lowest slot by quite a bit so I've been slowly slogging my way through that crap. I just got Fear's Embrace last night.

Wait GB. Are your item slots full? I had collected a crap ton of wormspore but didn't get any of it because my slots were full. That ticked me off. :(

I have open slots. I have been now farming relic iron for over 45 minutes and still have zero relic drops. This is so fucking dumb I am actually laughing. I hope to forge the ultra exotic sword they make me watch myself slowly die in the mirror because that is honestly more interesting than this. What a joke. Just checked, over 96 relic iron farmed (I open some chests too) zero relics dropped. Hahahahah. Really great quest design. So rad, so challenging.

Edit: This is the epitome of senseless arbitrary RNG. I have zero control of how quick I can get relic to drop, I just have to keep running in circles for hours. Hadium flakes are a raid compared to this.

Edit 2: Wooooooooooo. relic iron 98 yielded my first drop. Only a few more hours of this and I can start to farm void kills.

Has anyone had any luck "farming" the strike specific items? I got the warlock gloves, the cloak Of Taniks and the scout rifle without even knowing how I got them.
But now that I'm specifically running certain strikes to get certain items to drop I've had no luck.

Deku Tree

hold up is the end reward for that an artifact or a class item? Someone was telling me it was a 310 class item.

My warlock bond is my lowest slot by quite a bit so I've been slowly slogging my way through that crap. I just got Fear's Embrace last night.

Pretty sure that the class item drops from the Raid.

SkylineRKR

I was 263 in Tier 3 and didn't die much. Not hard with a full group of people working together.

Nah, its easy as hell. I didn't even realize I was doing Tier 3 until I got the rewards. There were about 3 others and I was 290 or so. I also ran all swords one time. Took 2 or 3 I think.

Ok so I've seen several times now people claiming the raid hand cannon and fusion rifle are absolute shit.

What?

Are we using the same guns?

I beat oryx with the fusion rifle. I solo'd heroic fear's embrace quest for the touch of malice with the hand cannon and fusion. The fusion one shots all taken, and the handcannon takes no more than 2. And then, they reload themselves. What guns are you using? What specifically is so bad about them?

phen0m24

I have open slots. I have been now farming relic iron for over 45 minutes and still have zero relic drops. This is so fucking dumb I am actually laughing. I hope to forge the ultra exotic sword they make me watch myself slowly die in the mirror because that is honestly more interesting than this. What a joke. Just checked, over 96 relic iron farmed (I open some chests too) zero relics dropped. Hahahahah. Really great quest design. So rad, so challenging.

Edit: This is the epitome of senseless arbitrary RNG. I have zero control of how quick I can get relic to drop, I just have to keep running in circles for hours. Hadium flakes are a raid compared to this.

Ahh ok I misunderstood. I thought you meant relic iron itself. Sorry man that sucks

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Good morning DGAF!
I'm glad to see, more people are doing raids now, Hopefully there's still a spot open for one when I get home!

Also nice new thread! first day and it's at page 41 already!

Ophelion

Has anyone had any luck "farming" the strike specific items? I got the warlock gloves, the cloak Of Taniks and the scout rifle without even knowing how I got them.
But now that I'm specifically running certain strikes to get certain items to drop I've had no luck.

I've actually wondered if you have to do them as a certain kind of activity to drop. Like, do they only drop on Heroic Playlist? Or could I just run SABRE over and over until I finally get the devouring maw?

Namikaze1

Finally! Power is back. Five hours with out power. Was beginning to lose my mind out of boredom. The walk I took didn't helped either. Got chased by a dog. :(

Now back to sword pummel killing.

It really totally sucks that the only way to get the 310 Artifact is to do the whole entire long Taken War Quest on each character.

I do not believe you get a 310 artifact from the taken war chain. At least I finished it all and did not.

You get a 300 artifact from the court of oryx chain which opens up after you are done with the Taken chain, where you need to do 6 T1, 3 T2, and 1 T3 (doesn't have to be your rune, you just have to be there).

You get a 300 shotgun from doing the 5 strike, 5 heroic, and 1 nightfall chain.

afaik the 310 artifact is from clearing the raid with the associated quest - kill warpriest, golgo, and oryx.

What's the reward for challenge the court? Beating tier 3 under 2 minutes?

I just did this today on my hunter, there are 1 or 2 more steps after that, I got a calcified fragment at the end. No more quests after that.

MechDX

There are strike specific items??

Deku Tree

I do not believe you get a 310 artifact from the taken war chain. At least I finished it all and did not.

You get a 300 artifact from the court of oryx chain which opens up after you are done with the Taken chain, where you need to do 6 T1, 3 T2, and 1 T3 (doesn't have to be your rune, you just have to be there).

You get a 300 shotgun from doing the 5 strike, 5 heroic, and 1 nightfall chain.

afaik the 310 artifact is from clearing the raid with the associated quest - kill warpriest, golgo, and oryx.

That's right... but I'm pretty sure that the quest to clear the raid only pops after you complete the taken war chain...

There are strike specific items??

indeed

so far I've seen

SABRE warlock helmet
Darkblade titan helmet
shield brothers titan gauntlets
psion flayers hunter cloak
taniks hunter cloak

theres also a red scout rifle that mentions cabal in the description I'm not sure which one that is related to .. treads upon stars i believe is the name

edit: heres a thread i found on reddit about them

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3lrync/ttk_strike_exclusive_gear_where_to_get_them/

indeed

so far I've seen

SABRE warlock helmet
Darkblade titan helmet
taniks hunter cloak

theres also a red scout rifle that mentions cabal in the description I'm not sure which one that is related to .. treads upon stars i believe is the name

Treads upon Stars drops from the Shield Brothers as well. A Hand Cannon called Imago Loop can drop from the Undying Mind.

Daemul

The war cult all look like tropical clowns though. And their organization's philosophy is demented. I mean, who self-identifies as a cult? At least try and hide your crazy, for goodness sake! Best to go with Dead Orbit...one must have standards after all.

What is this? An unbeliever of the Cult? This is madness. To quote my good friend ViralEnsign

Existentialism through conflict. The concept of understanding and affirming the nature of ones relative existence hidden between clandestine secrets and acts of the basest violence. The certainty of purpose reflected through visual design, an irrepressible and indomitable spirit.

FWC. War is the only Truth.

Join us in accepting the inevitability of conflict and you too will see the truth.

Lee

That's right... but I'm pretty sure that the quest to clear the raid only pops after you complete the taken war chain...

I haven't completed any of the taken war quests and I have both the CoO quest (completed, 300 artifact) and the King's Fall quest (1/3 completed, hoping to finish it tonight).

Quest are weird, man.

SkylineRKR

indeed

so far I've seen

SABRE warlock helmet
Darkblade titan helmet
taniks hunter cloak

Undying mind mark dropped for me. But I have no Titan.

Ophelion

What is this? An unbeliever of the Cult? This is madness. To quote my good friend ViralEnsign

*A whole lot of Crazy*

Join us in accepting the inevitability of conflict and you too will see the truth.

Do I look like an easy mark to you, mate? Take your wibbledy wobbledy, timey whimey war mongering with you and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I found the dead ghost of that poor shmuck your cult experimented on. If I wanted to be a lab rat, I'd hang out with Banshee. He at least gives me a gun when he does and doesn't go, "Please stick your head in this golden age machine. We promise it isn't a time machine in any way and that we totally know how it works and what it does...also please sign this waiver."

Yep. Fuck this game again. They just completely pissed away so much of the positive vibes. I thought Bungie finally respected my time as a player, and so much is going right with TTK, but this quest is beyond dumb. Nearly an hour of farming relic iron to get 1/10 relics to drop. Promote whoever made the Black Spindle exotic quest and fire the fuckstick who approved this quest line. I have zero say in progressing this quest other than, how much time of my life do I want to waste running around Mars patrols at the behest of pure RNG.

Top Bottom