• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

stb

Can someone let me know which strike bosses in the current heroic play list are not ultras so I know when not to waste a ToC?

You can't waste a 3oC that way. It's only consumed when you kill an ultra.

Only way to waste a 3oC is to pop one when you still have the "IX" buff on your character screen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If you're at 300+ (or 301+ maybe?) Light exotic engrams have a chance to decrypt at 310 instead of 290.

Oh ok, thanks. I'm still in the 290's so it won't affect me, but that is still pretty cool.

Lnkn52

Destiny Fan Art = Sexy

https://www.behance.net/gallery/19373171/Destiny-Animations

d4d1671a195cc1f7360e8c9a991cec33.gif

ocean

Banned
VoG weapons will always be the best...
VoG:
The good:
Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Found Verdict are absolutely top tier. But to be fair, Fang was also fantastic. Word of Crota got a lot of crap but can actually out-DPS. FB (ignoring mass damage to bunched up Thrall).

The average:
Corrective Measure is super standard. M18 Harm's Way is a perfect clone. Far better stuff out there but this one isn't bad.

Praedyth's Revegnge is a low impact fast firing sniper. 6 rounds instead of the more common 5, and super stable. Good stuff, but with low impact and very little AA it's not a star in PvE nor PvP. Not bad, not amazing. Black Hammer and Shadow of Veils are more compelling.

Timepiece: I think this impact class of PR isn't too fun but I hear it's amazing in PvP. I think most would agree it's an overall average selection compared to more versatile Pulses out there.

The ugly:
Low impact bullet hose AR. PoE's is better
Non-tracking, non-proximity AR. CE's is better.

Ophelion

Mid heroic strike and both my teammates leave. I progress solo for a bit and still nobody goes in? I thought there's matchmaking. 2 spots open if anyone wants to join.

Happens to me all the time. I think the ones that infuriate me the most is when people leave because they got their dumb asses killed and I don't immediately sprint over to pick them back up. Meanwhile a half dozen boomers are shelling the shit out of their ghost.

It's like, "No, buddy. Fuck you. I'll get to you when it's safe so we don't wipe, how about that? Some of us are actually competent at fighting the darkness and don't Leeroy Jenkins all over every encounter. You just sit there for a second in a puddle of particles while I idiot proof the room m'kay?"

Sullichin

Yessss
Found what I think is the last relic fusion rifle drop for gunsmith. Pushed my rank over to 3 and I can get Ace of Spades. Really happy I don't have to wait a week.

nOoblet16

It feels like a waste that they introduce a weapon reroll mechanic for all guns in HoW and take it out completely for TTK.

I mean wat? Isn't the entire point about keeping the good things ?

Thats what they want you to think

I seriously hope theres a secret path that leads to a dialog for them. Also the Stranger. I'm pretty sure theres something for the Stranger like the Ketch ship extra that connects to the No Time To Explain exotic. We're probably missing something obvious, again...

Had something funny/frustrating happen last night. Apparently if you fall into the pit SABER opens in the floor, when you get revived you fall in again immediately over and over again and cannot be revived...

Yeah I'm not handing in them fusion rifle things you get anymore. They are definitely linked with Sleeper Simulant and some even have progression bars.

I could explain how to get the No Time to Explain to you guys, but uh...yeah...hehe

I don't actually know, please don't hate me

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm not handing in them fusion rifle things you get anymore. They are definitely linked with Sleeper Simulant and some even have progression bars.

There's only 4 or 5 specific ones you get, it's not something that keeps dropping or anything. I got all of them within 2 days and haven't seen one since.

Namikaze1

*slams head on to desk*

I forgot I got a 290 Voidfangs...

I spent so much time waiting for grenades to cool down when I could've just kill myself.

j-wood

Wait, so those gun things you get that you can turn in for rep have another purpose? I thought it was odd you had to hold X and had a progress bar fill before it turned in (similar to dismantling something).

All the other stuff that you simply turn in has you just press X.

Playing with hand cannons in pvp is still odd. I think the damage drop off would have got the point across that you should probably try to engage from closer. When you start to get to the nerfed region your aiming isn't worth shit. Misses despite being lined up and if you do hit you can't crit. At the tip of mid range scout rifles typically have much better recoil control and will eat you alive. There was already an ecosystem there. Pulses compete at that range too but they're far more versatile trading with both autos and scouts. The current meta basically let's pulse rifles be hand cannons except they don't require the same finesse.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Things to do when I get home tonight:

Nightfall

Fear's Embrace (with help, fuck soloing)

Get at least a few of the rare heliums for sword quest

I will certainly be enlisting gaf for the first two.

Sorry if asked, the banner on bungie's site, is that hunter holding a Black Hammer? I wouldnt know what one looks like, it never dropped for me. Silly if so.

Top Bottom