• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

3 months down. 9 to go. How is your 2013 shaping up so far? Did you rike it?

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

jbiEFjdBhYlIgU.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

Here's what I got in March. 2013!

<to be filled in later, lol>

Sorry I've been so busy with work !<3

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
stuff from my trip to vegas

SNES: Captain Commando
captaincommando_zpsb6449e0c.jpg

NES: 1943, Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge
1943zodasrevent_zps2e2e6d1c.jpg

and starting on a gameboy collection

GB: Super Mario Land, TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan
supermariofallofthefootclan_zps129e816d.jpg

GB: Gargoyles Quest
gargoylesquest_zpsd977942a.jpg

A friend picked up a low-price Vita and Soul Sacrifice for me while on a recent trip to Japan:
Vwkt2pm.jpg

Although I've been playing Project DIVA F via digital, I wanted a physical copy too. My buddy grabbed me a secondhand copy in Akihabara, and if previous preowned purchases from Japan have taught me anything, it's that preowned in Japan = brand new. Cool Persona grab too, tucked in as a surprise gift ^_^ :
VL59bSA.jpg

Last local copy of MH3DS I could find. Serious stock shortage in the UK:
53rC641.jpg

I buckled. I've only watched the first season to date, but will spend some time playing catchup on the second one before I get around to the third:
s6h59Ul.jpg

Finally got my Raiden the other day and after several years, I've finally got 'em all!

(^____^)

XjVesja.jpg

Q3oJyni.jpg

nS8SW14.jpg

qvFvCKt.jpg

dtMUpgF.jpg

tgmQKw3.jpg

Didn't get any of the actual Metal Gears as they quickly became OOP and overpriced. Not to mention, they were on the small side.

Let me know if you want anymore pics

Gigarator

NxNcS0S.jpg

- Bit late to the party on this one, also got damaged in the post. Top left corner.

-------------------
MawyoPT.jpg

- Been eagerly waiting for this to arrive.

Toki767

Elizabeth's face in that figure looks derp-ish. Something just seems off.

Some late March, some early April.

Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition PS3
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition 360
Bioshock Infinite Gamestop Exclusive Steelbook
The Art of Bioshock Infinite
Bioshock Infinite Limited Edition Guide with Freedom Key

How is that Art of BioShock Infinite book? Can you take a picture of some of the pages? Really tempted to get it.

tolkir

New games & movies

adgdjkg0.jpg

Summer Days with Coo
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
Looper
Darksiders II
Enslaved
Way of the Samurai 3

Sinthetic

Ah, I feel better. They don't ship to the States anyway. Thanks.

No problem mate.

How is that Art of BioShock Infinite book? Can you take a picture of some of the pages? Really tempted to get it.

Absolutely lovely! Smells amazing too haha. It's full of majorly spoilerific images. I've barely made it through the first 5 hours of the game so I'm not looking through this (as hard as it is to stop myself).

Here are some images:

Imc5qXr.jpg

Possible Spoiler 1
Possible Spoiler 2
Possible Spoiler 3

Rubius

I tried to cut a little in spending to save some money, so here my stash when I came back from work.
EkANLvq.jpg

Didnt work too well, but hey, I save money on socks...

Club Nintendo had a sale on this Animal Crossing case and pouch, so I grabbed them before they went extinct.
jkqXheY.jpg

Some computer stuff and sound stuff I got cheap. You never know when you get a video game on floppy disks!
kTdGtHw.jpg

I left my old mouse and keyboard at my work house so I picked those. I know, I know, Razer is overpriced, but from my finding online, it was still the best mouse and the mouse pad was on sale too.
hxRbtpd.jpg

Cheap power surges and a Laptop stand for my father.
yK0p0BX.jpg

Seem like the company keeped the promise and sent a free strategy guide of Ni No Kuni to everybody who ordered but didnt get the American Wizard edition. So now I have two strategy guide... Got the 32Go at 80$ and since Simcity got out, I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Age of Empire 2 and ...
wEDC7wC.jpg

this morning I got Civilization in the mail. Also picked up Odama (5$) and Animal Crossing with the memory card (20$) while I went shopping. And Ebgames had a sale for Golden Sun at 5$ and Sin & Punishment at 10$
Xz7hSef.jpg

Then we fall into the movies, I was calm this month so I only picked up a few.
WJLDmH2.jpg

Sadly, I was not so calm with Pathfinder... and I doubt I will ever get a game rolling too...
OzNBtvO.jpg

My first Kickstarter backing ever got in the mail! Cant wait to try it out!
FmOrod2.jpg

6Swekb5.jpg

And the pieces of resistances,
Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition.
VonbAhe.jpg

b9yIxS7.jpg

And Claptrap Blue Model
ecjnJi5.jpg

Good month so far!

YagizY

Some late March, some early April.

Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition PS3
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition 360
Bioshock Infinite Gamestop Exclusive Steelbook
The Art of Bioshock Infinite
Bioshock Infinite Limited Edition Guide with Freedom Key

XgRZFX3.jpg

How is this? Does it have text or is it just pictures? Is it of high quality? Are their any posters or lithographs in it? I've been debating the purchase.

Kainazzo

Got these in the mail! :D

La5K5OI.jpg

Oh-ho, man, show's how tired I must be. At first I thought that was a genuine Game Boy bootscreen. I was thinking "Why the heck would you want to hook up such a tiny screen to the cartridge slot? That sounds really inconvenient."

Got it now!

Opened the Phase One Briefcase, here's what's inside:

39A9D3A2-CCF7-4A3C-A0B8-F6EAF4BAF583-1393-0000010B0BF3F89F_zps42c88a56.jpg

AFD7F952-E8C3-4CA1-978A-0955028F9A8C-1393-0000010B11411AAC_zpsca0d1b05.jpg

8F84A4C0-7FAB-4AF4-8203-C4E94A13DCF4-1393-0000010B16AC8B02_zps0f64ab2c.jpg

947EA88F-0049-43FC-B957-8CF74C20DF1B-1393-0000010B1CBE87D6_zps771419f9.jpg

I actually dig it, despite owning all of these movies already. Can't wait to play with the tesseract, which is motion-activated.

Sinthetic

How is this? Does it have text or is it just pictures? Is it of high quality? Are their any posters or lithographs in it? I've been debating the purchase.

Excellent quality, some text on a number of the pages (didn't see any massive sections of text however).

No bonus items. If you are a fan of the character design and locations, I wouldn't hesitate.

javac

Love these threads and all the awesome pick-ups! Sorry in advance for having to subject everyone to my crappy cellphone pics, but I guess they'll have to do.

Bought Lego City Undercover and its pretty awesome so far! It came with the Chase McCain Lego figure.

Also bought the awesome Luigi's Mansion 2. It's also pretty cool that the cover glows in the dark. Can't capture that on camera however lol and I don't think you guys wanna see a grainy picture of the box glowing in the dark.

Also picked up the FLCL soundtracks. I love me some of The Pillows!

The booklet that came with it was also pretty cool.

And a Vita! Wipeout is the best :)

Cypher

Forgot to throw these up at the turn of the new year.....but better late than never!

- Hardware & Accessories -

Nintendo Wii U - Deluxe Set w/Nintendo Land
Wii U Pro Controllers; Black & White
Wii U Stereo Headset
Wii U InvisiShell

- Games -

New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombieU
Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

DSC00637_zps8ba3ae6f.jpg

Neo Geo X Gold - Limited Edition

DSC01009_zps076a9b94.jpg

And from March.....

Nintendo 3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening Edition
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Awakening Art Book

DSC00668_zpsd43da236.jpg

Iacobellis

I tried to cut a little in spending to save some money, so here my stash when I came back from work.

this morning I got Civilization in the mail. Also picked up Odama (5$) and Animal Crossing with the memory card (20$) while I went shopping. And Ebgames had a sale for Golden Sun at 5$ and Sin & Punishment at 10$
Xz7hSef.jpg

Good month so far!

Whoa, Animal Crossing WITH the memory card? Hold onto that thing for life. I regret losing the special gift on mine.

Top Bottom