• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Lucid07

9SbA1dF.jpg

So happy monster hunter has finally released, really hoping 4 gets localised as quick as possible!

Cant wait to start reading these, now that season 3 has finished hopes this fills the gap till season 4

chimster

1. & 2. the first vinyl with one of my beats on it. i'm a little bit proud

3. japanese rap music on vinyl and cd

4. PS3 games.. this was a great deal in my local electronics store

5. completing my metal gear collection slowly

now i'm broke

metal gear acid, great choice :D I wish they would make a third one

I watched that game from my pad in, Seattle. GO Mariners! lol :) You guys tore us a new one on today's game though. (4/3/13)

Yeah I saw the score and was like whoa, A's mad lol. Funny enough, I'm actually a SF Giants fan, but I wasn't going to turn down a free tix for an A's game.

Bay Area domination last night though with Giants/A's/Sharks/Warriors winning. That was awesome.

Noticing a trend in the Pick-Up Posts for sneaker heads, this is a good thing! I managed to track down a couple of pairs of the NB x Herschel collab for myself, as seen in the March thread, and they're great. First time wearing them out and about, I was complimented on how nice they look. All thanks to GAF! ^_^

Glad you like the NB x Herschels as I do love mine very much...just not reseller prices lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Finally took the plunge. Just doing my part to help Nintendo plus I got a good deal on it ($330+tax, used a $60 gift card to drop it even further)

Don't know if it counts as a pickup, but I'll be renting this somewhat crappy apartment for about a year. Couldn't get ones that I wanted because not enough rental history. Every piece of furniture is new.

die2moth.jpg

eo7SrDah.jpg

20Iw2e3h.jpg

MbTzkVih.jpg

^ This one specifically has a new vinyl pick up. Luv (sic) Grand Finale/Pt. 6 is there on the left in the middle 2.

Only other thing of note is these knives.

Pretty damn cheap but they're also scary sharp and colors! Everybody likes colors. I just had some crap knives before, so these have been a big improvement so far.

Loxley

Don't know if it counts as a pickup, but I'll be renting this somewhat crappy apartment for about a year. Couldn't get ones that I wanted because not enough rental history. Every piece of furniture is new.

^ This one specifically has a new vinyl pick up. Luv (sic) Grand Finale/Pt. 6 is there on the left in the middle 2.

Only other thing of note is these knives.

Pretty damn cheap but they're also scary sharp and colors! Everybody likes colors. I just had some crap knives before, so these have been a big improvement so far.

If that's "somewhat crappy" then I'm living in a complete shithole.

SlickVic

V9Uhtm0.jpg

Never really been one to buy art books, but for whatever reason, this just felt like one of those games where I really wanted to see more of the process behind it's creation. Looking forward to reading through it once I finish the game.

Periodically I will send out 8x10s of certain celebs that I am a fan of with a request for an autograph. I have had some good luck in the past. Just got back one I sent out last October.

Tim Berners-Lee. Inventor of the WWW.

NTzdkWq.jpg

Just arrived, a couple of BDs. I wasn't surprised to learn recently that there's quite a fervent crowd that collect BD steelbooks, however I'll only buy them if they happen to be available as a buying option for films I really enjoy.

1. & 2. the first vinyl with one of my beats on it. i'm a little bit proud

3. japanese rap music on vinyl and cd

4. PS3 games.. this was a great deal in my local electronics store

5. completing my metal gear collection slowly

now i'm broke

Do you have a link to your music?

Huh. I was at that game. Did you catch it?

I accidentally caught it. Ball bounced off my cousin's fingers (he was standing up), hit me in the thigh and then wedged itself in my seat near my lower back somehow. So I was the one that ended up with the ball because of that happening.

Thats crappy?

Well, I did what I could with it so I actually do think it's ok. But the pictures don't show the little details.

It's mostly that it's old, building is 1967. The cabinets are most likely original and are all out of alignment and some don't close properly. The countertop is popped up in some places. All the carpet is pretty badly stained. The baseboards are all heavily chipped and not flush to the wall. Sliding glass door and window are both only single-paned. The bathroom has original sink and tub which are kind of ugly colors. Tiling alignment and grouting in the bathroom are a mess. Some bad stains in the bathroom linoleum. Some of the closet doors have splintered wood and the shelving doesn't sit properly.

None of it is major stuff though.

I do find it interesting how they gave no fucks about construction back then though. At least in these sorts of buildings. Many of these things are just the result of laziness when it was built. Especially the cabinet doors that don't align with each other, that's super easy to get right, but they didn't.

Jarmel

Banned
iM5mc7iroOwsF.jpg

i5zBXhGrA2xiP.jpg

ibq6L45vr5PR6c.jpg

A bunch of Eureka Seven production art I had framed. The pan layout at the top is the shot of the Swan from Episode 26 and the genga on the left is from Eureka from episode 1. I can't place where the shot of Anemone is from. The sketch in the bottom middle is an original done by Eiji Nakada, the guy who was the mechanical animation director.

Bashtee

First time posting in one of these topics! :D

Got myself some storage space and a kindle with a Decal Girl cover. Reading in the bed was a pain, but now it's a real option. The protection cover feels and looks great. Might get some more for my smartphone and MacBook Air.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
iM5mc7iroOwsF.jpg

i5zBXhGrA2xiP.jpg

ibq6L45vr5PR6c.jpg

A bunch of Eureka Seven production art I had framed. The pan layout at the top is the shot of the Swan from Episode 26 and the genga on the left is from Eureka from episode 1. I can't place where the shot of Anemone is from. The sketch in the bottom middle is an original done by Eiji Nakada, the guy who was the mechanical animation director.

Holy crap I love this so much, you're one lucky dude! Mechanical design art is always amazing!!!

WickedlNl

Banned
Finally got my Raiden the other day and after several years, I've finally got 'em all!

(^____^)

XjVesja.jpg

Didn't get any of the actual Metal Gears as they quickly became OOP and overpriced. Not to mention, they were on the small side.

Let me know if you want anymore pics

Envy! Im gathering up my own PlayArts collection as well. However I decided out of Peace Walker group, Im just gonna have Sneaking Suit Snake and will be skipping Meryl. I am getting another Raiden (black) and am currently searching my ass off to find Cyborg Ninja. This month im going all out, Ill be traveling to Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta to try and find it and currently my gf is in Japan, so I sent her details where to look for it. On eBay they are just overpricing it! So I will consider this complete once I have the 2 cyborg ninjas (gold & red) and black Raiden. Heres my humble collection:

DSC_1361_zpsda8c4a1c.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
iM5mc7iroOwsF.jpg

i5zBXhGrA2xiP.jpg

ibq6L45vr5PR6c.jpg

Aw shit. SO jelly man. Especially for that Nakada art.

I was so close years ago to splurging on some stuff that was on Yahoo Auctions years ago, but I never did.

I do have some pretty nice Noein Layouts, but thats about it.

Jarmel

Banned
Holy crap I love this so much, you're one lucky dude! Mechanical design art is always amazing!!!

Aw shit. SO jelly man. Especially for that Nakada art.

I was so close years ago to splurging on some stuff that was on Yahoo Auctions years ago, but I never did.

I do have some pretty nice Noein Layouts, but thats about it.

Thanks. Yea my favorite of the four pieces is actually the Swan shot. It really stands out. I'm so lucky that I got it for the price I did. I think the seller actually screwed up when he auctioned it.

igFdDtqIsGPq6.jpg

I'm also lucky I got the Nakada art when I did. If the guy had resold it a year later, after AO had been announced, it probably would have gone for three or four times as much.

antti-la

Went to buy groceries today. Came back with this.

3ds01.jpg

3ds02.jpg

3ds03.jpg

Haven't owned a Nintendo device in a loooong time. Long time no see Mario, Feels so good.

Sinthetic

How is this, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of picking this up myself. Less as a strategy guide and more as another really gorgeous looking Infinite collectible, I must admit..

Gorgeousness aside, it's very thorough and littered with amazing images. ;)

javac

Asked a few people what game I should pick up for my Vita and this was pretty much unanimous. I've never played Persona but I've picked up both 2 and 3 on the PSN store so I guess I'l give them a whirl! Just got here today.

Tabris

BTW, either play Persona 3 and take a long break then play Persona 4, or the opposite way. You may get burnt out to enjoy P4 as they have a lot of similar mechanics.

javac

BTW, either play Persona 3 and take a long break then play Persona 4, or the opposite way. You may get burnt out to enjoy P4 as they have a lot of similar mechanics.

Thanks, I was wondering which order to go about them! I might play P4G first since it seems to be the better of the three? And I want to play a game that takes better use of the Vita hardware first and then play some of the PSP games I missed out on later. Also I need to play it before it drops in price lol :p

Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom