• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Rubius

Whoa, Animal Crossing WITH the memory card? Hold onto that thing for life. I regret losing the special gift on mine.

And nothing is written on the memory card. I asked the seller if the memory card came with it, and he said "At that price? No." Then he went to grab the CD and he says "I will give you the memory card with it, I forgot that I put it with the disk". Aw yiss.

Iacobellis

And nothing is written on the memory card. I asked the seller if the memory card came with it, and he said "At that price? No." Then he went to grab the CD and he says "I will give you the memory card with it, I forgot that I put it with the disk". Aw yiss.

You scored big time on that one! I'm getting all nostalgic just thinking about the game.

NFreak

Xz7hSef.jpg

Odama, nice! Just made a LTTP thread for that recently. Such an under-appreciated game.

Noahd42

Banned
Picked up Shinobi at a used game store here in town and got Truxton off eBay at a pretty good rate. Liking both games a lot so far.

UCX2g9R.jpg

dc89

POtbooal.jpg

Despite reading lots of bad stuff about it, I've always wanted RE6 but I was not prepared to shell out mega money on it.
This steel-book edition for £14 fit the bill though, it's in brilliant condition too.

4DuA1mjl.jpg

Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition. Incredible game and a really nicely put together package of collectors bits.
A cool keyring, handyman model, art book and more (forgot to take pics of them though).

pjJI0fkl.jpg

Decided to upgrade to a 3DS XL. I've had the 3DS since European launch (well I actually got it a day early) and I really love the console.
But I figured out I wasn't spending as much time with it because of the smallish design which cramped my hands after a period of time.

This is my first XL, I had DS Lite and DSi and never got the XL. But this handheld is really, really nice.
Really comfy to hold and yeah the graphics are sharper on the original 3DS but so what, it's not horribly noticeable to me.

UPT4raHl.jpg

YkJDdKal.jpg

Also this is my first Monster Hunter experience, damn it's deep! I was dabbling with the idea of getting the white MK7 bundle.
I already own that on cartridge and that in the end swayed my decision, I do not regret it either despite my love for white gadgets.
This thing is stunning in black, so sleek.

Grief.exe

POtbooal.jpg

Despite reading lots of bad stuff about it, I've always wanted RE6 but I was not prepared to shell out mega money on it.
This steel-book edition for £14 fit the bill though, it's in brilliant condition too.

4DuA1mjl.jpg

Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition. Incredible game and a really nicely put together package of collectors bits.
A cool keyring, handyman model, art book and more (forgot to take pics of them though).

pjJI0fkl.jpg

Decided to upgrade to a 3DS XL. I've had the 3DS since European launch (well I actually got it a day early) and I really love the console.
But I figured out I wasn't spending as much time with it because of the smallish design which cramped my hands after a period of time.

This is my first XL, I had DS Lite and DSi and never got the XL. But this handheld is really, really nice.
Really comfy to hold and yeah the graphics are sharper on the original 3DS but so what, it's not horribly noticeable to me.

UPT4raHl.jpg

YkJDdKal.jpg

Also this is my first Monster Hunter experience, damn it's deep! I was dabbling with the idea of getting the white MK7 bundle.
I already own that on cartridge and that in the end swayed my decision, I do not regret it either despite my love for white gadgets.
This thing is stunning in black, so sleek.

Can't wait for NOA to get their act together and release the all black edition in America.

I actually have 3DS games waiting.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
A great new Swedish cider amazing after the last couple of days at work.

Finally got AS3 collectors at the right price $30 and a mate gave me this cheeky knock off Luffy he won in a UFO machine in Sydney so good for my little fella who is getting into One Piece.

One of my most anticipated games of the last couple of years finally arrived :D

Luigi's Mansion 2 and Borderlands 2 DLC pack a freebie from a local games store.

I decided I should be part of the Global Corporate Challenge this year to get a bit more fit and my pedometers arrived today and a new case for my iphone 5.

Nice!!! Your first? I was 4 rows away once...

Yeah, my first. It bounced off my cousin's hands and ended up hitting my thigh before it wedged itself inside my seat. Like I said, unexpected. :p

Have a small bruise on my thigh from where it hit lol.

Dr Dogg

Well wasn't going to post anything for a while this month due to having more stuff ordered for the end of the April but this turned up way early and is too awesome not to showoff.

It's frigging huge! That's a 12" ruler as well. Don't think my coffee table would support its ginormous weight either. Been totally digging Brutal Legend and thought this would be a great accompaniment. Was flirting with the idea of getting a signed copy from the Double Fine store by Tim and Scott but shipping charges where a bit steep.

MicH

Picked this beauty up today

OhI9reHl.jpg

Such a beautiful handheld. The materials used are REALLY nice! Also got LitteBigPlanet and a 4 gb memory card with the Vita (for free!). Might need to pick up a bigger memory card soon :p

Animekatt

Ok, I got the cookies thanks to the pictures in this and the March thread. Thanks a lot!! They are soooo good...
FE and Tomb Raider both arrived in the mail today.
jnhv4msSKM66D.jpg

Picked this beauty up today
Such a beautiful handheld. The materials used are REALLY nice! Also got LitteBigPlanet and a 4 gb memory card with the Vita (for free!). Might need to pick up a bigger memory card soon :p

New vita-camp force arrived!

This is vitapocalypse last two month. Glad that system get more and more attention.

Congrats on the grab but a question - does it have an indent on and around the H in Selig's signature or is it just the lighting?

Thanks and lighting from the park's lights. I think my phone, plus the way my cousin was sitting when I took the pick blocked most of the light but some of it showed up (hence the glowing top and the 'H').

Thanks and lighting from the park's lights. I think my phone, plus the way my cousin was sitting when I took the pick blocked most of the light but some of it showed up (hence the glowing top and the 'H').

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense.

It really looked like it had a hell of a dent on it from the picture, haha. Congrats again.

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense.

It really looked like it had a hell of a dent on it from the picture, haha. Congrats again.

Thanks again and true, but I can attest that the ball is perfectly round and dent-free. :p The player definitely hit it hard enough to pop out in my section but guess not enough to dent it.

As always I create a pickups video instead of posting pictures. This was a good month I got:

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Lego City: Undercover
Pokemon Black and White 2 Posters
Fire Emblem Art Book
Crashmo
Ketzal's Corridors
Fractured Soul

Video can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAgusmdUSc

The B&W2 posters are from Gamestop's reward program. They are around 5,000-6,000 points so if they are still available and you use GS's points program then I recommend it. Neat poster. Thats also where I got the FE artbook for around the same price.

DTJAAAAM

My Asian copy of Dynasty Warriors 8/Shin Sangoku Musou 7 finally shipped from Play-Asia. I was hoping to get the Zhao Yun pre-order pouch, bah...

ibwjNTacTXA77c.jpg

Some Easter candies & a Snowy keychain from my friend in Europe:
B1141D78-CC10-4CD4-AF10-1E19079B5F24-1249-000000D44745EDA5_zps279f2cfe.jpg

Comics for the week:
B5F2D72F-B705-4C89-80E2-64311A84F572-1249-000000D44FB8292B_zps54064e79.jpg

Not pictured is the February issue of Empire Magazine (John Harrison cover) from my friend as well.

And as an unexpected bonus, I received in two days from the UK this pair of shoes. Purple is my favorite color, I needed some new sneakers, so.
Noticing a trend in the Pick-Up Posts for sneaker heads, this is a good thing! I managed to track down a couple of pairs of the NB x Herschel collab for myself, as seen in the March thread, and they're great. First time wearing them out and about, I was complimented on how nice they look. All thanks to GAF! ^_^

Some stuff from the last few weeks

BlbyJZ4.jpg

ByTFtHD.jpg

0fVhv3O.jpg

American DS cases are weird. Also because of the shitty news about Iain Banks yesterday I wanted to catch up on some of his non Culture stuff.

OZUW3pm.jpg

1. & 2. the first vinyl with one of my beats on it. i'm a little bit proud

3. japanese rap music on vinyl and cd

4. PS3 games.. this was a great deal in my local electronics store

5. completing my metal gear collection slowly

now i'm broke

Top Bottom