• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

DBOxY.jpg

The books:

The Big Butt Book
The Big Book of Pussy

I'm still waiting for the The Big Books of Breasts to arrive.
-----

Uh, are those seriously just books of butts and boobs and vaginas? <_< you gonna proudly display them on your coffee table?

Oh, and this stuff too

DBOxY.jpg

The books:

The Art of District 9: Weta Workshop
Massive Black Vol 1
The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants
The Skillful Huntsman
The Big Butt Book
The Big Book of Pussy

Hows that Massive Black Vol 1 book?

Zwei

Awesome custom game-room carpet get!

AhyvDhzCQAELWwl.jpg

What I did - ran an EMU (ZSNES) and spliced together several screenshots. I had to pixel-edit the backdrop to get it to fit properly. then I blew the whole thing up to 4'x8', without any antialiasing or interpolation, and had a photo-rug company make a 1:1 print!

WORTH IT.

That is ridiculously awesome right there.

luffeN

What is this? Just a collection of pictures showing female genetalia?
Why does no one google it?

Amazon.com said:
First, The Big Book of Breasts, then The Big Penis Book, The Big Book of Legs, and the weighty Big Butt Book. What could follow but an in-depth exploration of the female pudendum, that coveted orifice man spends nine months trying to escape, and a lifetime attempting to reenter? The Big Book of Pussy, not to be confused with a book of big pussy, closes out this popular series with an offering sure to be as controversial as it is popular. As in previous volumes, editor Dian Hanson delves into the historical significance of this humble os, to show how the yoni has been coveted, feared, reviled, and worshipped by civilizations worldwide, from New Guinea to old Ireland. The text is supported by playful photographs of women exposing their vulvas, from 1900 to the present day. Because depiction of this body part has long been wrapped in unwarranted shame, The Big Book of Pussy reframes the subject, featuring models who expose their most private part enthusiastically, happily, with smiles spread wide as… well, you get the picture. And with 400+ photos the point is made emphatically, in images both naturally furry and stylishly groomed.

Included are interviews with the auteur known as Pussyman, the ex-cop who turned masturbation into millions with a toy called the Fleshlight, Vanessa del Rio, squirter Flower Tucci, vaginal performance artist Mouse, and the singular Buck Angel. Contemporary photographers Terry Richardson, Richard Kern, Ralph Gibson, Jan Saudek, Guido Argentini, Ed Fox and others share their favorite pussy photos, so that by page 372 even the shiest reader will be calling, “Here, kitty, kitty!”

What is this? Just a collection of pictures showing female genetalia?

Apparently. Pretty creepy in my opinion. If I saw that in someone's house I'd probably turn right back around and leave XP.

EDIT: thanks for the description. Now it's slightly less creepy but still super-weird.

Apparently. Pretty creepy in my opinion. If I saw that in someone's house I'd probably turn right back around and leave XP.

EDIT: thanks for the description. Now it's slightly less creepy but still super-weird.

Why is it creepy? It's nothing I'd buy but creepy? It's part of the female anatomy... It's what you came out of when you entered this world.

omgkitty

It's funny because you'd think the book publisher would just be some lewd company, but Taschen actually publishes some of the best special edition books out there, and I would love to own some of their Film Archive books.

Why is it creepy? It's nothing I'd buy but creepy? It's part of the female anatomy... It's what you came out of when you entered this world.

You really think people who are buying a book called "the Big Book of Pussy" are buying it because they want to read interviews and theory about the vagina as a symbol and blah blah etc? ;P just like the people who buy Playboy just for the articles?

Vaginas in and of themselves = not creepy. A book of people sharing their favorite vagina pix or maybe their own vaginas = creepy. it sounds a little intense.

Edit: Sorry guys, I shouldn't keep the thread going with this derail. No more Vagina-book discussion from me XP

omgkitty

If people really want to see creepy, watch some of the videos attached to the product pages. The lady is WAY too into the books.

-PXG-

Uh, are those seriously just books of butts and boobs and vaginas? <_< you gonna proudly display them on your coffee table?

There's quite a bit of text (English, German and French). There's a foreword by the author, brief historical notations and several interviews within as well. Of course, there are shit load of photos, going back to the 40's up to present day. I'm not shy about my appreciation of the female body.

You must be new here. You don't remember Toy Soldier's pick up posts at all, do you?

Hows that Massive Black Vol 1 book?

It's lovely. Can't wait for Vol 2. They keep on delaying it. It's supposed to come out in February.

The Big Book of Legs is missing! :D
and penis, for that matter.

http://i.imgur.com/A8NXr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I felt that the leg book would have been redundant and kind of pointless. I actually considered getting the penis book for shits and giggles, but felt it would be dumb to waste that much money on a joke purchase.

I guess I can say I'm a bit sexually depraved and prefer women who are the same. I'm not into really freaky, kinky shit. I'm just really comfortable about certain, so-called, taboo subjects. You know the adage, "She's a lady on the streets, but a freak in the sheets" I like cosmopolitan, smart girls who are a little bit crazy and have a sinister side. I like a woman who has a mix of trailer park/ ghetto fabulous, but is also educated, well-mannered, clean and refined. I love duality, contrast and juxtaposition. I know plenty of girls who wouldn't mind me having these kinds of books. In fact, a lot of my female friends would think these books were cool as hell. However, having a giant ass book with dicks would probably send the wrong message to any prospective lady friend. I would have a hard time explaining why I'd have it on my shelf :P

[quote="SouSouRocket, post: 33832818"]You really think people who are buying a book called "the Big Book of Pussy" are buying it because they want to read interviews and theory about the vagina as a symbol and blah blah etc? ;P just like the people who buy Playboy just for the articles?

Vaginas in and of themselves = not creepy. A book of people sharing their favorite vagina pix or maybe their own vaginas = creepy. it sounds a little intense.

Edit: Sorry guys, I shouldn't keep the thread going with this derail. No more Vagina-book discussion from me XP[/QUOTE]

FYI, the introduction and the interview with Buttman were both funny as hell. Buffie's interview was kind of boring. R. Crumb's is creepy as hell, though, I'm not all too surprised.

Not to derail the thread, but, I own the Suicide Girls coffee table book. Really I was more into that kind of girl in college, but, now it's a nice remembrance. I was into Bettie Page and the like back then. Kat Von D, Dita, i suppose is that in a contemporary sense.

bPod

My computer bit the dust early in the month so I had no way of posting my pickups for several weeks. :(
However, my friend lent me an old PC so now I can finally post the stuff I've gotten from Black Friday through today! :)

1112-Misc2.jpg

Some random finds at Goodwill.
The Saturn stuff was bundled together for $15 and Monopoly is still sealed and was $0.99!

So annoyed that I couldn't beat the second last boss in Batman! Arghhhh!!!!

Hopefully Nintendo releases it on their virtual console soon

Shuusui

It's been a long journey but I only have 3 left until I own everything.

aJpAC.jpg

Nujabes feat. Apani B - Thank You
Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Luv (sic) Pt. 2
Nujabes - flowers/after hanabi

It's going to be fun taking a group shot of everything once I get those last 3.

Very cool. Would love to own Luv (sic) Pt. 2 one day. Favourite Nujabes joint

vitacola

(Almost) the last pick-ups of the year:

Well, digital gaming was big this month ;)

Humble Bundle #4 - in my opinion it was one of the best Indie Bundles. Very nice.
gQoNc.jpg

Indie Royale Christmas Bundle - pre ordered it.
Cfoqp.jpg

Empire Earth & Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath from GOG - EE was free. Didn't play both yet :(
BbG0Y.jpg

Mighty Switch Force - quite short. Let's hope for a free update ...
OO8Et.jpg

Steam Sale - nice prices for nice games. Oh, and I won Portal 2 by crafting 7 pieces of coal :D
5PSQP.jpg

And here I present you the "Christmas Haul":

Jenaer Holzbock Whisky - It's a Single Malt distilled in my home town. The place which distils it has a long tradition in brewing beer and some spirits. Now they distilling whisky and this is one out of their first casks. Didn't try it yet, but almost tried it two days before Christmas in the local pub. Glad I didn't ;)
yNtSb.jpg

Lenovo Thinkpad X121e (AMD E-450 version) - present from me to me :D Installed a Win 7 64Bit with a Linux Mint 12 64Bit in dual boot mode. Fun fact: It worked with Mint out of the box and Win 7 wasn't really functional with out downloading the right drivers, lol. I'm pretty satisfied with the machine, but the touchpad is a mess. :(
acTxP.jpg

0eOtD.jpg

elohel

You really think people who are buying a book called "the Big Book of Pussy" are buying it because they want to read interviews and theory about the vagina as a symbol and blah blah etc? ;P just like the people who buy Playboy just for the articles?

Edit: Sorry guys, I shouldn't keep the thread going with this derail. No more Vagina-book discussion from me XP

some people do genuinely read that stuff

ya neva know

Hazelhurst

These are probably my pickups of the decade! Two Alaskan Klee Kai puppies!

This little guy is Dexter
385050_10150481500231655_555251654_8988674_262131006_n.jpg

And this is Arya
408637_10150481523716655_555251654_8988893_2137195214_n.jpg

I got a bunch of other stuff this month like a new computer and a TV, but none it feels nearly as important as them :) I'm so in love!

Beautiful dogs.

Cheska

And this is Arya

I got a bunch of other stuff this month like a new computer and a TV, but none it feels nearly as important as them :) I'm so in love!

Welcome to the pack!! :D As someone who owns two Huskies let me give you a piece of advice: buy a furminator! It'll be the best purchase you'll make outside of those beautiful pups ^^

And this is Arya

insanity-puppy-i-was-just-practicing.jpg

Naka

Welcome to the pack!! :D As someone who owns two Huskies let me give you a piece of advice: buy a furminator! It'll be the best purchase you'll make outside of those beautiful pups ^^

Thanks for the tip, I will look into getting one right away!

Is there a dog thread on NeoGAF?

Yagharek

DBOxY.jpg

The books:

The Big Butt Book
The Big Book of Pussy

I'm still waiting for the The Big Books of Breasts to arrive.
-----

You missed the important one: The Art of Oddworld!

I have a leather-bound edition of it. Great pickup.

2YvIC.jpg

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM - A new monitor since my old one died over the holidays.

jHTQZ.jpg

• Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition
• Crusader: No Remorse
• Crusader: No Regret
• Darklands
• Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
• The Last Express
• Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness
• Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
• Ultima III: Exodus
• Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
• Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny