• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

eXistor

They're...smaller than anticipated (they were kinda expensive), but hey they look good!
jCt0I.jpg

I also got that Mother 2 shirt that's designed by our own Dreweyes (wearing it now!). Good shit bro, good shit.

Gameboy415

My computer bit the dust early in the month so I had no way of posting my pickups for several weeks. :(
However, my friend lent me an old PC so now I can finally post the stuff I've gotten from Black Friday through today! :)

1112-Nintendo1.jpg

Lots of great stuff for Wii, DS, and 3DS.
All of the games were extremely cheap due to sales, coupons, and B2G1 deals.

1112-Games1.jpg

Got lots of PS3 & 360 games I've wanted for a while now and 2 PSP memory sticks dirt cheap.

1112-Blu1.jpg

Most of the BluRays are from Black Friday sales but I got Cowboys & Aliens at my local grocery store with free snacks for less than Best Buy/Amazon's price!

1112-Misc1.jpg

My Club Nintendo Platinum reward and the guide for Drakengard 2.
I still need to track down the guide for the first game though...

1112-TV.jpg

I picked up this nice 27 inch CRT for my bedroom at Goodwill for $4.99!

1112-Misc3.jpg

We had a holiday auction at my office Christmas party and this is all the stuff I won. :)

1112-Misc2.jpg

Some random finds at Goodwill.
The Saturn stuff was bundled together for $15 and Monopoly is still sealed and was $0.99!

1112-Books1.jpg

I've wanted all of these books for years and I got all 4 for less than the cost of 2 on eBay! :D

1112-Misc4.jpg

The Reaper DVDs and The Simpsons BluRay were backorders from Black Friday, Nintendogs was dirt cheap at Best Buy, Naruto was on clearance at Target, and It's Always Sunny was on sale for $18.99.

I didn't take a picture of them but I got a 320GB Hard Drive for my new 360 (which I got in November) and a new winter coat for Christmas.

I'm planning to go out and buy a handful of cheap games on Friday (payday, woo) and then I'm saving up to buy a new PC! :)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Ugh seeing those Utena boxsets brings back some memories from over a decade ago.. I think I still have the original 7/6 episode dvds they first released. How many times have they rereleased it now over the years..

Takao

Banned
Ugh seeing those Utena boxsets brings back some memories from over a decade ago.. I think I still have the original 7/6 episode dvds they first released. How many times have they rereleased it now over the years..

Actually, only a small handful of times. Utena was out of print prior to Right Stuf's recent release, and those old CPM discs used to fetch decent prices online.

Ultima_5

Well i've been wanting to post my purchases for a while but a was kinda lazy so here is all my November, Black Friday, December purchases and couple of gifts given from my dad.

http://i.minus.com/jMdMpJ8849RGr.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jbk13R9VrVxDsw.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jfQFbZKhVDTrp.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jbmK3PWfyPwJSL.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/j5QhHJp1hKPAF.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jbvGddjSrOzJxP.JPG
http://i.minus.com/jbdmXrvOrKuWo6.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jmiH06XL5mHwZ.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jVym55FmKSzNe.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jO9heZpveP7Nh.JPG[IMG]
and a 1 year subscription to edge magazine on zinio for 2.99 using a 25 dollars gift card from the touchpad app[/QUOTE]

What are those peanuts books? I collect alot of peanuts stuff and I'm always interested in getting more =p

It's been a long journey but I only have 3 left until I own everything.

aJpAC.jpg

Nujabes feat. Apani B - Thank You
Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Luv (sic) Pt. 2
Nujabes - flowers/after hanabi

It's going to be fun taking a group shot of everything once I get those last 3.

JackEtc

how is this?

I like it so far. I know a lot of GAF was hating on the controller, saying they all had problems with it (I'm guessing R2D4 did), but none with mine so far. I'm having a hard time getting used to actually using the two additional bumpers (I frequently just end up setting them to RB and LB so they basically don't exist), but I feel like once I do get used to it it'll be awesome for games like Halo.

BFIB

[IMG said:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f390/Gameboy415/1112%20Pickups/1112-TV.jpg[/IMG]
I picked up this nice 27 inch CRT for my bedroom at Goodwill for $4.99!

I have this same exact TV. Bought it years ago, was my first "big" purchase I ever made.

Now, it runs all of my classic consoles. Amazing picture! An absolute steal for 4.99.

Although, I believe it weighs about 500 lbs.

outsidah

I have this same exact TV. Bought it years ago, was my first "big" purchase I ever made.

Now, it runs all of my classic consoles. Amazing picture! An absolute steal for 4.99.

lol I'm pretty sure I owned that TV too. It was GREAT except mine had this strange alignment issue. I had to end up returning it.

Do you know what it was like to have to return those TVs back then? 500lbs back and forth... not fun

Gameboy415

I would've killed myself trying to carry it if that were true, hahaha!
I was able to carry it out of the store by myself so I don't think it weighs more than 100lbs.

Now the Sony XBR960 I have in my game room is another story - that beast ways just under 300lbs!

The picture is fantastic and it makes my SNES games look great! :)

Naka

These are probably my pickups of the decade! Two Alaskan Klee Kai puppies!

This little guy is Dexter
385050_10150481500231655_555251654_8988674_262131006_n.jpg

And this is Arya
408637_10150481523716655_555251654_8988893_2137195214_n.jpg

I got a bunch of other stuff this month like a new computer and a TV, but none it feels nearly as important as them :) I'm so in love!

monome

These are probably my pickups of the decade! Two Alaskan Klee Kai puppies!

This little guy is Dexter
385050_10150481500231655_555251654_8988674_262131006_n.jpg

And this is Arya
408637_10150481523716655_555251654_8988893_2137195214_n.jpg

I got a bunch of other stuff this month like a new computer and a TV, but none it feels nearly as important as them :) I'm so in love!

Cute...I'm jelly!

eXistor

It finally arrived. Turns out the final shot is blurry, but then again I do suck as a photographer.
It's heavy as shit too!

JnC04.jpg

iWuRu.jpg

u8GZW.jpg

-PXG-

I haven't posted in a long ass time. Here we go...

My new PC

AqPE7.jpg

I think I already posted this. Oh well...here it is again.

YGB29.jpg

The inside

My new car

vBRgd.jpg

2012 Ford Fusion SE

Since getting a new PC, I can finally play PC games. Here's what I've got so far

uQbNi.jpg

cZbKL.jpg

Oh, and this stuff too

DBOxY.jpg

The books:

The Art of District 9: Weta Workshop
Massive Black Vol 1
The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants
The Skillful Huntsman
The Big Butt Book
The Big Book of Pussy

I'm still waiting for the The Big Books of Breasts to arrive. I also placed a pre-order for Massive Black Vol 2 and Hyrule Historia from Play-Asia.
That little box there is this..

5oimJ.jpg

An Armani Exchange watch.

mPLXv.jpg

Oh, and Sonic CD on XBLA

Risette

A Good Citizen
I ordered mine from the UK for $15 including shipping. Yes I know the audio isn't lossless.
I'll probably end up getting a UK copy just so I can loan it out to friends. I really, really want more people to see it because it's an amazing movie. And what better way to get people to watch it than "here, take this and watch it (make sure you give it back)" ?
Great movie btw!
It really is. I've already watched it twice in the past week, and I think I'm going to go in for another watch with commentary. Completely engrossing movie. Doesn't get old.

omgkitty

It really is. I've already watched it twice in the past week, and I think I'm going to go in for another watch with commentary. Completely engrossing movie. Doesn't get old.

I've never seen it before. I can't wait. It's one of the only Fincher films I haven't seen. Too bad it's OOP in the US.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I've never seen it before. I can't wait. It's one of the only Fincher films I haven't seen. Too bad it's OOP in the US.
You're in for a treat. Not only is it the best Fincher film I've seen, but it's easily working its way up to one of the best films I've seen period. It successfully does three separate things with as close as one can get to perfection in film -- thriller, police procedural, and period piece. It's lovely.

Which other Finchers have you not yet seen, btw?

omgkitty

You're in for a treat. Not only is it the best Fincher film I've seen, but it's easily working its way up to one of the best films I've seen period. It successfully does three separate things with as close as one can get to perfection in film -- thriller, police procedural, and period piece. It's lovely.

Which other Finchers have you not yet seen, btw?

Alien 3 and Benjamin Button haha. I've already been told not to bother with the other two. It's funny too cause I watched Panic Room on Netflix last week and I actually really enjoyed it. I thought I would hate it, but it's a fun film with several good actors in it.

-PXG-

You might consider grabbing cedar shoe trees if you haven't already. Reduces the creasing you can already start to see on those, and prolongs the life of dress shoes by absorbing moisture.

I have plenty. They're in my shoes right now actually.

Zaptruder

Banned
Awesome custom game-room carpet get!

AhyvDhzCQAELWwl.jpg

What I did - ran an EMU (ZSNES) and spliced together several screenshots. I had to pixel-edit the backdrop to get it to fit properly. then I blew the whole thing up to 4'x8', without any antialiasing or interpolation, and had a photo-rug company make a 1:1 print!

WORTH IT.

Very nice. Very nice. Care to list the photo-rug company?

WEGGLES

AhyvDhzCQAELWwl.jpg

What I did - ran an EMU (ZSNES) and spliced together several screenshots. I had to pixel-edit the backdrop to get it to fit properly. then I blew the whole thing up to 4'x8', without any antialiasing or interpolation, and had a photo-rug company make a 1:1 print!

WORTH IT.

How much, out of curiosity.

shaneskim

AhyvDhzCQAELWwl.jpg

WORTH IT.

Iconic image. Remember seeing that screenshot in Ace magazine in 1990 something. Dont think ive been as excited for the next gen as i was back then.

Top Bottom