• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

sikkinixx

6581572363_22d7e75c9c_z.jpg

Finally took the plunge! Can't wait to get it all installed.

Was it on clearance/sale at your local Sears or something tag still shows 40 bucks? Just got a 3DS and would totally pick up Star Fox at 22 bucks. Shame we don't have boxing day stuff down in the south.

Sears in Canada has HALF-PRICE off all video games until December 31st. I assume they are clearing out their stock.

charmed699

Neo Member
Got some games that are not out in Europe(Catherine/Otomedius Excellent), Kirby Mass Attack and a 3DS charger so I can play it while I am in Montreal. Also bought Sonic CD/Street Fighter 3rd Strike on Xbox Marketplace and Sonic Generations/Zuma Deluxe(gift) on Steam.

games.JPG

Loving Saints Row so much thank goodness the Bombcast exists. Pretty happy with the 3DS I had a DS Lite prior so it's a pretty big jump in Nintendo technology for me.

The bound book my cousin knows I like character design she had bound a collection of gengas from Macross Frontier. It's a average series but I loved the character design.

jOAfd.jpg

Soi-Fong

Wow, should be a beast of a system!

I imagine you're keeping the 5970 from a previous build? Any desire to upgrade that, too?

Gah, I don't know if I'll be able to resist upgrading my i7 930/GTX570 build this year...

I'm actually thinking of upgrading to whatever Nvidia releses next which I think is the 780.
Might also get Ivy Bridge from a friend in Intel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last pickups of 2011. Gundam Extreme is on its way, but there's no way it makes it before January. Probably next week, if YesAsia's still performing as well as they have.
1227111436a2o3j8.jpg

also this
image2yc56j.jpg

great gift from sis which im looking forward to diving into when i rewatch the whole series next year. this thing is massive.

also received some chocolates and £500 amazon vouchers this year

and a macbook air which i got for myself, also amazing

yr0tn.jpg

i love this book for it for $25 at the closing sale at borders.

Plasmid

Bigger picture in link below.

fpIh8l.jpg

Christmas Vinyl Haul Excuse the mess :c

Full list.

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica Re-Release 10th Anniversary edition
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Van Halen - 1984
Led Zeppelin - II
Simon & Garfunkel singing songs by Paul Simon - The Graduate
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
The Best of Ennio Morricone - Dollars Hits, the dollars trilogy.
Todays top hits (Found this is at my grandparents, has star wars theme on it).
Star Parade Volume 2
The Isaac Hayes Movement - Assumed self entitled.
John Williams - Close Encounters of the third kind soundtrack
MOOG - Minotaur
Ray Charles - A Portrait of Ray

Not pictured:

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No more
Daft Punk - Discovery
Childish Gambino - CAMP

Ryan_

I got €125, a nice scarf, a leather pencil case - good addition becasue as a teacher I will need one, Apple Care for my iPhone 4S, a 2012 New York city calender and a "The Art of Pixar" Artbook.

Not pictures a aftermarket reverse paring sensor for my car.

Hehe, I'm studying to become a teacher too ^^ English - History, I'm convinced
we picked a good job :)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I just got like 12 new games to throw in my backlog on Christmas. But with the recent sales at Gamestop, I just had to do my part to support developers and "unique" games, and purchased Rayman Origins and El Shaddai. I know both of them will be cheaper before I get to them, but the developers deserve at least something.

Rayman better be decent, GAF! I'm trusting you ;) ... Also not sure which version of Call of Duty to keep. Might keep them both, but I'm leaning toward returning one. Tell me, keep the X360 version or PC version?

6585924339_f7533ba6f4_z.jpg

Also grabbed a pair of Calvin Kline jeans on my way to see the flick New Year's Eve with the family.

6585921817_0944be5aa1_z.jpg

Digishine

Banned
I just got like 12 new games to throw in my backlog on Christmas. But with the recent sales at Gamestop, I just had to do my part to support developers and "unique" games, and purchased Rayman Origins and El Shaddai. I know both of them will be cheaper before I get to them, but the developers deserve at least something.

Rayman better be decent, GAF! I'm trusting you ;) ... Also not sure which version of Call of Duty to keep. Might keep them both, but I'm leaning toward returning one. Tell me, keep the X360 version or PC version?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7016/6585924339_f7533ba6f4_z.jpg[/IM]

Also grabbed a pair of Calvin Kline jeans on my way to see the flick New Year's Eve with the family.

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6585921817_0944be5aa1_z.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

It depends where u got the most of friends playing it + what u prefer playing with controller or mouse and keyboard :)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It depends where u got the most of friends playing it + what u prefer playing with controller or mouse and keyboard :)

None of my closest friends have either, unfortunately. So which community is better for just "dropping in" with? I'd imagine both are pretty bad, lol. I typically prefer PC to X360... just about 90% of the time. But for CoD, I play so casually and for just an hour or so a week, I don't care too much. I'd rather just have fun in short bursts, regardless of platform.

Digishine

Banned
None of my closest friends have either, unfortunately. So which community is better for just "dropping in" with? I'd imagine both are pretty bad, lol.

If I was u I would play the xbox 360 version cause If u don't like it u can still return it and with the pc version u can't after u redeem the code on steam.

Skel1ingt0n

If I was u I would play the xbox 360 version cause If u don't like it u can still return it and with the pc version u can't after u redeem the code on steam.

Didn't even think of that. I don't trade in too often nowadays, but it's a good thing to have just in case.

Thanks!

Jaroof

Signed emancipator poster :D
(held down by Club Nintendo calendar[which I got earlier this month], and All My Friends are Dead)
2011-12-27235904.jpg

2011-12-27235922.jpg

Blurry, but there's the signature.

2011-12-27235945.jpg

Solatorobo!

Strike

DSCN0861.jpg

Pretty good month. Got some games from some Black Friday deals and some gear for winter.

DSCN0862.jpg

Christmas haul was pretty good. Always Sunny, Boondocks, some cologne, and an iPod mount for the car.

To make this short, I've won like 8,000$ of gaming gear and electronics and I haven't gone through the stuff yet (save for a few things I've given away for christmas). Thing is, I went on TV and everything and I've been openly bashed on facebook and twitter for being a bad winner or something and I wouldn't want it to happen again here if people recognize the stuff I've won on that show.

Should I take pics and all? I don't see the point of doing it for myself unless there'd be interest in seeing some of stuff I got.

To make this short, I've won like 8,000$ of gaming gear and electronics and I haven't gone through the stuff yet (save for a few things I've given away for christmas). Thing is, I went on TV and everything and I've been openly bashed on facebook and twitter for being a bad winner or something and I wouldn't want it to happen again here if people recognize the stuff I've won on that show.

Should I take pics and all? I don't see the point of doing it for myself unless there'd be interest in seeing some of stuff I got.
I'm curious about everything now. Why were you bashed? How is someone a bad winner?

I'm curious about everything now. Why were you bashed? How is someone a bad winner?

Basically, they call the winner and they announce it live on TV. That day, I had college exams and when I got home, I took a nap since I was tired and suffering from a pretty bad headache. They called me about 30 minutes later and woke me up in the process and I was told that I won third place but they couldn't reach the other 2 winners so I won first prize by default.

I had a shitty winning reaction, I'll admit but it completely took me by surprise and I could only blabber incomprehensible stuff and I got cut off the line before I could even thank them. Cue facebook bashing.

Basically, they call the winner and they announce it live on TV. That day, I had college exams and when I got home, I took a nap since I was tired and suffering from a pretty bad headache. They called me about 30 minutes later and woke me up in the process and I was told that I won third place but they couldn't reach the other 2 winners so I won first prize by default.

I had a shitty winning reaction, I'll admit but it completely took me by surprise and I could only blabber incomprehensible stuff and I got cut off the line before I could even thank them. Cue facebook bashing.
Fuck those people. It sounds like a misunderstanding. Good luck fending them off and that it blows over sooner, rather than later.

Post some stuff for me. I want to see <3

Fuck those people. It sounds like a misunderstanding. Good luck fending them off and that it blows over sooner, rather than later.

Post some stuff for me. I want to see <3

I had to record a segment when I went to the TV station to pickup my prize and people are starting to recognize me when I'm at work or at the grocery store. It's kind of weird.

I don't think I can take pics and upload them until the start of next year though.

Skel1ingt0n

... also didn't post this, as I just realized it was sitting outside on my front porch:

6586461519_8f31be5f8c_z.jpg

zmet

Complete Wonderboy in Monster Land (aka Super Wonder Boy Super Monster Land)
dc14.jpg

Taito Retro Game Music Collection 4 Riding Hero Cluster
dc15.jpg

Arcade game soundtracks included in this collection: Top Speed (Full Throttle), Top Landing, Continental Circus, Raimais, WGP: Real Race Feeling, Night Striker, Air Inferno, Racing Beat

ithorien

I had to record a segment when I went to the TV station to pickup my prize and people are starting to recognize me when I'm at work or at the grocery store. It's kind of weird.

I don't think I can take pics and upload them until the start of next year though.

Wow. Fuck those haters. You were tired as hell and they're judging you for that? Glad to know all those people are peppy 100% of the time.

/rantoff

Well i've been wanting to post my purchases for a while but a was kinda lazy so here is all my November, Black Friday, December purchases and couple of gifts given from my dad.

jMdMpJ8849RGr.JPG

jbk13R9VrVxDsw.JPG

jfQFbZKhVDTrp.JPG

jbmK3PWfyPwJSL.JPG

j5QhHJp1hKPAF.JPG

jbvGddjSrOzJxP.JPG

jbdmXrvOrKuWo6.JPG

jmiH06XL5mHwZ.JPG

jVym55FmKSzNe.JPG

jO9heZpveP7Nh.JPG

and a 1 year subscription to edge magazine on zinio for 2.99 using a 25 dollars gift card from the touchpad app

Top Bottom