• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Gila

I've had tonnes of stuff (mostly Blu-ray), can't be bothered posting it all really. Here are some highlights.

Where did you get the Drive FS Slipcover from? I'm guessing eBay? Unless you make my day and tell me somewhere else has it for cheaper ;)

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
I was at a buddies house the other day and saw his empty Wii-U tablet stand sitting there. It looked like my PSP would fit perfectly in it.....and it did!

I picked up 2 3rd party ones on eBay and botht the PSP-3000 and 3DSXL fit perfectly!!!

IMG_20130202_211847_zpsdfd50a8a.jpg

IMG_20130202_211958_zps7d148bb5.jpg

5$ Shipped on eBay!

Had to replace replace the Thermaltake PSU I had because the lights on the case fans (that were directly connected to it) kept flickering, and when that happened the system would power up but not post.

I got a less powerful Corsair one as a replacement and some braided cables to accent it. Now I basically have a Corsair PC '__'

T2Tdvmt.jpg

A bit of a tangent - I've noticed there's a lot of SNES collectors that pop into this thread. Don't get me wrong - I love seeing those posted, but I've been bandying about an idea to do a SNES collection thread. Not just a "post your collections" thread (though some of that would be cool) but rather an ongoing discussion about the process of picking these titles up - where to find them, the best places to go, what variations of carts to look for, what pirated copies to be wary of, etc. Anyone be interested in something like that?

edit: Posted, for anyone interested.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
A bit of a tangent - I've noticed there's a lot of SNES collectors that pop into this thread. Don't get me wrong - I love seeing those posted, but I've been bandying about an idea to do a SNES collection thread. Not just a "post your collections" thread (though some of that would be cool) but rather an ongoing discussion about the process of picking these titles up - where to find them, the best places to go, what variations of carts to look for, what pirated copies to be wary of, etc. Anyone be interested in something like that?

Absolutely. GAF has more than enough old-school fans to justify that sort of thread's existence.

GulAtiCa

Sure. I'd more then willing be all for a thread like that.

Sinthetic

Ooooo, what region is that copy of The Raid from?

Region B, no English subtitles.

Oh my, where are these steel books from? I want The Raid and Looper lol.

The Raid is from Amazon DE. Looper is from Amazon UK.

Where did you get the Drive FS Slipcover from? I'm guessing eBay? Unless you make my day and tell me somewhere else has it for cheaper ;)

Got it for £60 from a BD Forum. It's very rare now.

Got these yesterday:

hUTbiJc.jpg

lWMoEAa.jpg

v0uCdO2.jpg

zgyp3IT.jpg

rLwqDSA.jpg

4Zcl388.jpg

Digibook with Slipcover over it. Shitting awesome. Nicest Digibook cover I've ever seen, DKR Target one included.

MZPxRDY.jpg

GSOxEcQ.jpg

FguS6If.jpg

7choxuq.jpg

P9oS430.jpg

AlugSU1.jpg

I watched it yesterday with my Mrs and we had a bloody great time. So much fun. Definitely think it is in the same ball park as TGTBTW.

Buttons

Love this Ninokuni special edition. Have been enjoying the game tremendously. This was the type of JRPG I was always waiting for on the PS3. :)

ninokunihwk3x.jpg

canocha

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
A911AQs.jpg

Shenmue:
SCRTtNK.jpg

A few Dreamcast Games (Confidential Mission, RE: CV, Crazy Taxi 2 and Virtual Tennis 2):
kVjKSr9.jpg

GulAtiCa

I found this Playstation at my local Goodwill yesterday for $10. Came with the cords, dualshock controller and a Nascar '98. I already have a Playstation One, so I plan to re-sell it with some other PS1 games I've been trying to get rid of.

Pilotwings 64 and Zelda: OOT GC also came yesterday. The sad thing is I forgot that I already bought Pilotwings 64 a month ago. I gotten to a point where I'm rebuying games I already own. :lol
I originally had a Zelda: OOT GC beforehand, but I sold it 2 years ago. I kinda felt bad about it, so I re-bought it. Funny thing is, that I bought this one for $20, I sold mine originally for $35.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I originally had a Zelda: OOT GC beforehand, but I sold it 2 years ago. I kinda felt bad about it, so I re-bought it. Funny thing is, that I bought this one for $20, I sold mine originally for $35.

That's not funny. That's smart business. :)
Good job.
It always feels good rebuying something at a significantly lower price than I sold it for.

BvisIfc.jpg

bL8DdWS.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Gun Metal Gray Dual Shock 3

So I mistakenly ruined mine when trying to swap out the parts a couple of years back. Was pretty bummed out as you can imagine, you can't find these controllers really by themselves and I adore my MGS PS3. Fuck I paid probably about $680 or so off of the Konami Store back in '08!

Well, looks like someone was selling one that was more or less mint on eBay for $150. Made a best offer for $99 and won!

So happy (^___^)

sholmes

Neo Member
I love cats. If you get anything new or decide to move anything around in your house, they must always be the first ones to know about it. They like to poke their nose in and "help."

or sit on it so you cant put it together :p

Or both. He (Nico) was a good little helper. He stayed in the basement with us for all but maybe 10 minutes of the 6 hours we were down there. He kept an eye all those bags the parts were wrapped in (some of them looked suspicious to him) and dealt out some punishment when they got out of line. Although late in the day, as I was laying on the ground tightening some bolts on the underside of the bench press, he got sleepy and found a convenient spot to take a break:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11586847@N00/8442265653/

I should probably mention that Nico has a fatter, lazier brother, Noko, who spent the entire day not helping, but came down just long enough to appear in a photo so he can "prove" he helped too (he's in the lower left below):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11586847@N00/8443357620/

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
mw1fPKr.jpg

These are the most comfortable headphones (Sony MDR-XB500s) I've ever worn. I primarily use MDR-V6s, but I bought these specifically for listening at home and wearing for longer periods of time. They feel like two pillows on my head, and the cushions fit my ears perfectly. Not as great sound-quality-wise as the V6s, but the bass is excellent and I'm far from an audiophile anyway.

GulAtiCa

That's not funny. That's smart business. :)
Good job.
It always feels good rebuying something at a significantly lower price than I sold it for.

Yep. And I already resold my 2nd copy of Pilotwings 64 for a little more money then what I paid for it. Even with that, I really should keep a list of my games so I stop buying the games I already own. lol

I got Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout for my Birthday:

2013-01-25204629_zps2d587bee.jpg

and I picked this up sorta on the cheap from Amazon since the box was a bit banged up:

Love the Lord Vampyre Minifig

DSC_4633_zps01435344.jpg

hongcha

My recent pickups:

Japanese Club Nintendo goodies (three pouches and an 18 Gamecard case) and Paper Mario Super Seal for my 3DS
fQyjAL6.jpg

Close up on the message on the pouch:

QWFCGBt.jpg

And last but not least, Vita game heaven!
pkO45fZ.jpg

Demon Gaze, Monpiece, Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Tokushu Houdoubu, and Atelier Totori Plus.

Top Bottom