• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE!

Gameboy415

s0HMAGT.jpg

-I found a bunch of older CDs & books I wanted at Goodwill for $.59-$2 each.

nbbPnk7.jpg

-I got this awesome Ouija set at Goodwill too.

AqsBhK4.jpg

-I found the Pokemon figures, Gamora, & Clonetrooper at Goodwill for $1-2 each, got Mr. Burns & Sonic on clearance at TRU, and finally tracked down the new Toon Link figure at Target.

6U2ksyn.jpg

-I've started tracking down DVDs of older comedies/sci-fi/horror movies I like that haven't been released on Blu-Ray yet. Got everything pictured for $.90-1.80 a pop.

8xULA0M.jpg

-I got the Sonic X DVDs on eBay (they seem to be bootlegs, oh well), grabbed S2 & 3 of Night Gallery on Amazon, and found the others for $1-2 each at Goodwill/Half-Price Books.

0UFSziP.jpg

-I got all of these super-cheap during recent sales. I was a little annoyed Step Up 5 didn't come out in 3D in the US, but the UK release is region-free and it was fairly cheap to import.

2sgioDi.jpg

-I got all of these PC games for 99cents each at Goodwill.

gljt09R.jpg

-I got all of the PS1/PS2 games & Blur for PS3 at various thrift shops, got Splinter Cell on clearance at Target, and the other 3 PS3 games 3 for $10 at Gamestop.

kKNMUzr.jpg

-I got these more obscure games for various systems from a few different thrift stores.

And last, but certainly not least, I got a bunch of great new Nintendo stuff!

NVo3WMg.jpg

-I got all of the awesome Majora's Mask stuff but I couldn't decide which LE New 3DS XL I wanted so I ended up pre-ordering both, haha.

8IsU4ru.jpg

-I got all of these amiibos over the first half of the month (I already posted the Rosalinas I got back on 2/1).

BKnWR3q.jpg

-All of this stuff just arrived today! I got the 32GB Micro SD for my New 3DS XL and finally got the Boo faceplate for my JP New 3DS. :D
I think my UPS guy might be Santa Claus! haha

Thanks for the recommendations both of you, i'll try them out next time i'm importing. If things turn out well then maybe I haven't got bad luck with soundtracks.

My next import will likely be Xenoblade Chronicles X as long as Sawano doesn't mess up, he has big shoes to fill after Xenoblade's stellar soundtrack. Oh and thanks for the compliment ys45, I sure do love all kinds of VGM!

I can vouch for Amazon Japan. Best part with therm is that if you have an Admin account anywhere else, you can use that account there.

If you check out my post from Wednesday, the two Persona items (CD & BD) came from Amazon Japan. They will normally back your item with cardboard and then shrinkwrap it with a thick sheet of plastic before packing into a box. Never had any CDs crack when buying from them during shipping.

Machine

Gah. All these amiibos people are posting drive me crazy. I never seem to be online when preorders go up and whenever I have the time to walk through a store, they are completely picked over. All I've managed to find lately are Bowser and Toon Link. I guess I should have grabbed multiple Villagers, Trainers and Marths to use as trade bait since I was actually able to get them.

Rich!

Let me start this by saying I already own a New Nintendo 3DS. I'm not missing out on anything here!

Someone at work mentioned they got a Nintendo free with a phone contract and forgot about it. Its been in their house used for months.

I was like oh what is it? They didn't know (not a gamer)

They said they'd bring it in and I could have it.

wyakyn.JPG

Brand new, unopened. Gave her £30 for it. I'm stunned. My plan is to eventually back up all of my digital titles (I have a LOT on my New XL that I've bought over the years) and have them on both consoles to play, with this XL being used as a nice cheap solution to take around with me and not worry about losing or whatever.

Saves would be interchangeable too. Just gotta wait for the N3DS hack to come out! Until then, I will use it for puyo puyo Tetris (my only import lol), animal crossing and cubic ninja when I buy it later. Not too fussed about not having much to play on it right now considering the low cost and that I have a N3DS with all my games on anyhow.

Chastten

Banned
Some new pick-ups from the last 4-5 weeks

Kinda feel bad about not picking this up from my new WiiU as that can use all the 3th party sales it can get, but... I'd rather
have the kids destroying some old X360 pads then my new gamepad. Game is pretty fun, will definitely buy some more
figures, both to collect and play with.

More X360 games! Still completing my collection before I retire it to be the kids Skylanders/Infinity machine.

Starting my WiiU collection! Smash is great fun, was glad to find the version with the GameCube hub randomly in town.
Used the points towards a cute relaxation set I'm using as a small pillow right now. I don't care for trinkets like
Mario Kart pins so I decided on getting an item that would actually see some use.

Completing my Disney Blu-ray collection. Still missing some bits and pieces, but I'm nearing a complete collection.

Got the Lego set as it was discontinuing. Love the minifigs, being a throwback to the Futuron-line of the late 80's.
Robot is really awesome, although pretty fragile. Definitely a nice display set.

deroli

Bought my first retail Vita game. Ironically it's the one game I really want on PSN, but the physical game is much cheaper and I didn't want to wait for a potential sale.

dsc_0353hgs3u.jpg

Three CDs. A bit disappointed by the MAW album, I though most of the tracks would be house music, turned out half the album is hiphop-ish.

dsc_03525rswk.jpg

And since I've begun to start a little CD collection, I decided to get a dedicated CD player as well. The Denon DCD 520 AE was the cheapest brand-name product on the market.

dsc_03545ms7k.jpg

Bought my first retail Vita game. Ironically it's the one game I really want on PSN, but the physical game is much cheaper and I didn't want to wait for a potential sale.

A sensible decision in this case. If I were to ever get a Vita (Lol) I'd probaly just download everything since the physical copies aren't really that attractive. Just a case with the cartridge. :/

At least 3DS did have manuals/pamphlets for a couple years.

NVofW7t.jpg

Thomas Was Alone OST. Been meaning to get it for awhile, such a beautiful soundtrack. I wish it got a physical release.

93lqLcg.jpg

Dexter comics. #1 and #3 are a bit too expensive for me right now...

kGyxDTs.jpg

Late Christmas presents from my girlfriend. Makin' bacon!

qqOwPbe.jpg

Charity shop book haul. Love me some cheap books (that go into a pile and I never read because I have a hoarding problem D:)

deroli

A sensible decision in this case. If I were to ever get a Vita (Lol) I'd probaly just download everything since the physical copies aren't really that attractive. Just a case with the cartridge. :/

At least 3DS did have manuals/pamphlets for a couple years.

I can only speak for Lumines of course, but it includes a 20 page manual. Nothing special, it's b/w and fairly small, but it's a manual.

Just picked up Majora's Mask 3D and Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, courtesy of my friend's mom. Who does NOT work at Nintendo. Sorry guys.

Majora's 3D is good for finally having a version of the game with a proper case to display in my gaming library. Kirby is to add to my Kirby collection of having at least one version of every Kirby game (+the Dream Collection).

The Flash

Banned
N8HoU7X.jpg

Over the past 8 days I got the following:
  • Majora's Mask N3DS
  • Majora's Mask 3D LE
  • Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokemon: Omega Ruby
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
And today I got a Wii U Deluxe Set

Thanks tax refunds.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Three more Amiigos:

16602953511_0cd0bfb462_b.jpg

Collection so far:

16578144366_d1abe2a95c_b.jpg

Majora's Mask n3DS:

16578142096_f544614559_b.jpg

... and the LE game:

16602953881_d68d5b52fe_b.jpg

... and a Pikmin, lol:

15984358903_f0c85c9ff2_b.jpg

SR8wtrsl.jpg

Snagged Far Cry 4 for ~25$ thanks to online stores dropping prices in rabid competition. Grabbed the rest at my local brick and mortar store.

jRtd9bxl.jpg

Wii U games are brutally hard to come by in my country so I ended up importing a bunch. MGS GZ surprisingly made it on PC here, as a fan of the series this was a no-brainer. Evil Within physical copy was going cheap, snagged that. Love the reversible cover <3.

NTcq3ual.jpg

iPad Air 2 3G 64GB (my first tablet) and Tomodachi Life.

EKLBjCwl.jpg

Two OnePlus Ones since my mom's Nexus 5 died and mine was on the verge of the same. Got lucky with invites.

RbyTt6Yl.jpg

Makes me wish I got my PS4 in white.

VnlsjOl.png

PSN sale goodness. Tales from Borderlands is surprisingly good!

My haul for this month (so far)

LoRXtNs.jpg

Not pictured is Toon Link. Still looking for Mega Man.

And here's what my current collection looks like in the new case:

zdnve5l.jpg

Top Bottom