• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE!

Goliath

s0HMAGT.jpg

-I found a bunch of older CDs & books I wanted at Goodwill for $.59-$2 each.

nbbPnk7.jpg

-I got this awesome Ouija set at Goodwill too.

AqsBhK4.jpg

-I found the Pokemon figures, Gamora, & Clonetrooper at Goodwill for $1-2 each, got Mr. Burns & Sonic on clearance at TRU, and finally tracked down the new Toon Link figure at Target.

6U2ksyn.jpg

-I've started tracking down DVDs of older comedies/sci-fi/horror movies I like that haven't been released on Blu-Ray yet. Got everything pictured for $.90-1.80 a pop.

8xULA0M.jpg

-I got the Sonic X DVDs on eBay (they seem to be bootlegs, oh well), grabbed S2 & 3 of Night Gallery on Amazon, and found the others for $1-2 each at Goodwill/Half-Price Books.

0UFSziP.jpg

-I got all of these super-cheap during recent sales. I was a little annoyed Step Up 5 didn't come out in 3D in the US, but the UK release is region-free and it was fairly cheap to import.

2sgioDi.jpg

-I got all of these PC games for 99cents each at Goodwill.

gljt09R.jpg

-I got all of the PS1/PS2 games & Blur for PS3 at various thrift shops, got Splinter Cell on clearance at Target, and the other 3 PS3 games 3 for $10 at Gamestop.

kKNMUzr.jpg

-I got these more obscure games for various systems from a few different thrift stores.

And last, but certainly not least, I got a bunch of great new Nintendo stuff!

NVo3WMg.jpg

-I got all of the awesome Majora's Mask stuff but I couldn't decide which LE New 3DS XL I wanted so I ended up pre-ordering both, haha.

8IsU4ru.jpg

-I got all of these amiibos over the first half of the month (I already posted the Rosalinas I got back on 2/1).

BKnWR3q.jpg

-All of this stuff just arrived today! I got the 32GB Micro SD for my New 3DS XL and finally got the Boo faceplate for my JP New 3DS. :D
I think my UPS guy might be Santa Claus! haha

I have to say, your post inspired me to check out my local good will to see if there is anything cool there as well. Welp I was able to find an endless amount of Madden games but other then that, no good books, cds or video games. Man I have to say, I don't know how people get such good stuff from thrift shopping. I ALWAYS see nothing but crap. : (

I have to say, your post inspired me to check out my local good will to see if there is anything cool there as well. Welp I was able to find an endless amount of Madden games but other then that, no good books, cds or video games. Man I have to say, I don't know how people get such good stuff from thrift shopping. I ALWAYS see nothing but crap. : (

Goodwill got smart and now put all the good stuff on their own auction website. The halcyon days of finding Panzer Dragoon Saga for a quarter are gone.

BOTEC

I didn't feel like waiting 6 months for Hori USA to print up some English language packaging.

6XJLjoy.jpg

I will do things to it tonight...

illusionary

I'd have held off on posting last week's Zelda pickups if I'd known that I'd snag these two gems within a week. The goal of a complete Zelda collection is tantalisingly close now!

W4I1oOc.jpg

Lichter

p8gIWZz.jpg

It works fine with my Lumia, helps to burn some calories. :) (and it tracks a lot of things like sleep, food, ...)

jr6FkjS.jpg

I've already got the platine trophy for Tearaway, excellent game, my favorite game so far on PS Vita.

Entropy912

Neo Member
Seeing double MM N3DSXLs and limited edition copies is making me rage a little on the inside. I'm waiting for my LE (that I had to buy from a scalper) but no luck getting one of the N3DSXLs. Congrats to those who got one.

Combined pickup post, since I didn't do one for January.

Got my first console (well, since a family SNES) last month, along with a bunch of games. Since I've played on PC, I figured looking for exclusives would be the way to go, and I liked the PS3's lineup. It turned out to be a really good choice.

oVzpEqxh.jpg

It came with the following titles

1c9vDdMh.jpg

I then added to the collection with these. Not pictured is a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

aCy4Mhih.jpg

As for this month, the collection is now mostly complete:

N0cnzQsh.jpg

It's such a great machine.

As for this month, the collection is now mostly complete

Nah man, you need the Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 4, and then other non-exclusives that don't have a PC version such as Bayonetta (it's much better elsewhere but if all you've got is PC and PS3 then it's better to play it than not play it), Vanquish, Catherine and Dragon's Dogma.

And if you haven't had a console since SNES you've really gotta go back a bit and grab the Ratchet, Jak, Sly, God of War, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts HD remasters.

Are these all custom made? I'm interested in some of these, hah.

yeah ordered them all from Justin Whitlock. He hand makes them and has a huge list of things you can choose from. I placed this order about 8 months ago so it has taken a lot of time because he has a lot of back orders!

^^
That's a great selection of PS3 games. I wish I could play Demon's Souls for the first time again.

Nah man, you need the Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 4, and then other non-exclusives that don't have a PC version such as Bayonetta (it's much better elsewhere but if all you've got is PC and PS3 then it's better to play it than not play it), Vanquish, Catherine and Dragon's Dogma.

And if you haven't had a console since SNES you've really gotta go back a bit and grab the Ratchet, Jak, Sly, God of War, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, Okami, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts HD remasters.

Wow - even after scouring the web for other games to play I hadn't heard of a lot of these. Thanks for the list :D.

these are all being built for me right now, joysticks being added tomorrow then shipped the day after.

10987489_10153083586904512_2378095751074420272_n.jpg

Those are super-cool! Is it just a friend making these for you, or do they have some kind of business? If they are selling these, could you direct us on where we could order some?

Drain You

This came in the mail today. Complete T-DEV Gamecube. Haven't come across another one as complete in this condition before. Serial number is also very low, fifth one off the production line. Both port covers are present which is uncommon and it also includes the SN Systems USB interface.

Borman

This came in the mail today. Complete T-DEV Gamecube. Haven't come across another one as complete in this condition before. Serial number is also very low, fifth one off the production line. Both port covers are present which is uncommon and it also includes the SN Systems USB interface.

Awesome, my loose one isn't even close to being that nice.

BOTEC

zali7jS.jpg

Last Blade 2 and King of Fighters 2000 on AES.

LB2 could be brand new it's in such good condition.

Nice pick up. I feel silly saying this, but the older I get, the more I appreciate the Last Blade series. The sophisticated man's katana battle action game.

Ban Puncher

Nice pick up. I feel silly saying this, but the older I get, the more I appreciate the Last Blade series. The sophisticated man's katana battle action game.

Damn shame there are only two in the series. But both of them are bangers, especially the sequel.

Arrived yesterday:
8c0759209ceed3cfdc8700740c5ebfb4_zpsdf5f0dee.jpg

Pickup from the 2015 NIS America Spring Event last Thursday (the postcard was random and not pictured is my Disgaea 5 lanyard):
7AF91A1B-7270-4D69-8E20-AA95FD213841_zpsd2gvgw6a.jpg

Top Bottom