• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE!

They finally have arrived!

ScYdO9c.jpg

Best Buy was nice enough to offer me a 20 dollar gift card for the delay, so I'll take it.

DSCF0606.jpg

Started my first ever playthrough. Pretty excited.

Me too! Not sure why I never played it on 64. Hope you enjoy as well :D

Agent713

February has been good to me for pickups!

Kw73NT6.jpg

I have to thank my friend for preordering me Mega Man before he went out of stock

ns5lXX7.jpg

oQqhaAd.jpg

vY0ccJ0.jpg

pimmhXQ.jpg

dedhead54

4Z4fIjA.jpg

+digital copy of Zelda: OoT 3D

My first Nintendo handheld since the GameBoy Color. I got it in my head the other day that I wanted one and I tracked one down finally after multiple days of searching (in multiple states, due to emergency traveling on my end). Also my first time playing through Ocarina of Time.

jbueno

It has been a long while since I´ve last posted anything in this thread due to work taking most of my time and cutting back purchases. Mostly back to Nintendo gaming now, after a long 5 year hiatus. I just felt to post some of the my more significant acquisitions of the past few months. Sorry for the crappy Instagram pics.

Actually got quite a bit of stuff since I lasted posted in here. This is the most recent thing of any real significance

8C9B70BE-3648-4E91-B114-1EF1F0452CB9_zpsjrvxtxfr.jpg

So this is now my 2nd 4K display, with the other being the 65X900B. Both have their strength and weakness.

then I grabbed some of these

D8A1417B-367B-4FD0-B8E5-B06A058866F1_zpsofroaz7c.jpg

jacobs34

20150219_125958.jpg

Oh God, what have I done!

Ive been in need of a new computer for a couple of months now, and after much handwringing and buttering up my girlfriend I finally pulled the trigger on a new 5k iMac.

I've had it for a couple of days now and I'm still staggered by how gorgeous the display is. It's made every day things like reading the New York Times, and browsing through high res photos/videos a completely new experience.

I thought there would be some buyers remorse, but I couldn't be happier.

Kinda off-topic, but I don't get that cover image for Persona The Golden Best 2. Why is Charlie freaking out? Nanako looks like she's hugging a bunny?

Nanako just removed the head of costume she's wearing.

The Persora the Golden Best albums (I have volume 1 coming next week) are a compilation of the English-lyric songs that are often misheard by Japanese players, the origin of the title is from a regular segment from the Persona Stalker Club.

I wasn't originally going to buy either Persora CD, but... Volume 2 has one of the remix tracks that's going to be featured in Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

Galdius

Here are 4 new acquisitions to my collection:

Jdw2H4fl.jpg

I'm excited to play Harvest Moon 64. It will be my first Harvest Moon game ever.
I bought Darksiders because someday I want to have the second one and I would have to buy the first also.
I bought the DBZ game because I bought the debug version and I wanted to also have the retail version.
And I bought Banjo Tooie for the N64 fullset. I don't plan on playing it anytime soon because I'm playing Banjo-Kazooie for the first time during this week.

Galdius

how much did that complete Banjo-Tooie set you back? That box sends nostalgic shivers up my old spine! lol

I payed US$45 for the game and US$16.25 for the shipping to Brazil and then I payed around US$20-25 in taxes. The box, the manual and the cart are in very good condition but there is a writing at the top of the cart.

Two new series firsts for me in this pick up -
MOdhcvzl.jpg

Completely new to Monster Hunter, I just love the design of the N3DS XL LE so much that I don't even care about faceplates anymore. So far I'm enjoying the game! I have played MGS before (Twin Snakes) but it didn't really hook me in. Since I found it for so cheap, I'm going to give the series another go with Ground Zeroes. Might not be the best place, but the new engine and such much get me back in. (I also play Metal Gear Scanlon from Giantbomb for making me want to play this series)

Also has rad reversible cover I didn't know about!

BCsqb7Rl.jpg

Taker34

Banned
Bought this Chie statue for a good price. Great quality.
20150207_1218234au4v.jpg

This one only cost me about 30€... Pretty huge thing
20150216_173647suu12.jpg

2TB Seagate for my PS4. Would recommend it. The standard drive was pretty quickly full, thanks to my extensive game collection.
20150211_1828441pur5.jpg

20150211_213834emu6s.jpg

GitS mini poster. So hyped for the new movie.
20150219_2302182buc1.jpg

mcmmaster

Xenoblade Chronicles Soundtrack, an absolute favourite when it comes to game music.

Kind of getting frustrated though with all my imported soundtracks getting damaged on the way over, one of the disc holders in the Xenoblade case has pieces missing so the disc doesn't sit in it properly, Catherine came with scuffs and cracks on the case, Max Anarchy has a huge crack on the front and pieces missing off the side of the case, and Bayonetta 2 has a big scratch mark across it's beautiful slip cover.

I've ordered from all over (Play Asia, Nippon Yasan, Nin Nin Game) but it always turns out bad. Guess them the breaks when dealing with imported soundtracks :(

Oh yeah and I got a Mega Man amiibo

Melchiah

oJ1gRU7l.jpg

The first game I've bought on retail since Alien: Isolation. I kinda prefer to buy the games I play for months digitally, like Driveclub and Dragon Age, but horror games will be added to my physical collection if possible. Too bad that wasn't an option with Resident Evil.

ys45

Kind of getting frustrated though with all my imported soundtracks getting damaged on the way over, one of the disc holders in the Xenoblade case has pieces missing so the disc doesn't sit in it properly, Catherine came with scuffs and cracks on the case, Max Anarchy has a huge crack on the front and pieces missing off the side of the case, and Bayonetta 2 has a big scratch mark across it's beautiful slip cover.

I've ordered from all over (Play Asia, Nippon Yasan, Nin Nin Game) but it always turns out bad. Guess them the breaks when dealing with imported soundtracks :(

I would recommend CDJapan I have ordered more than 20 VGM music cds from them and never received anything damaged, their packaging method is incredible .

Oh and BTW nice taste in VGM music :)

M.Steiner

Blu-rays.
Always been a big fan of Hitchcock so had to get that 3-pack when I discovered it would play on region B players, not just A as listings would suggest. (Was surprisingly cheap from amazon.ca)

Some manga.
I'm on the last volume of 21st Century Boys atm. I've been reading 20CB since Christmas and have absolutely loved it, really don't want it to end :( (I've bought the movie trilogy to watch afterwards too but I'm still waiting for it to arrive).
Can't get enough of Urasawa so I hope Billy Bat isn't far off from receiving english printed releases (or at least I haven't found any). Gotta have that in my collection too.

The Order: 1886.
Bit disappointed by some of the reviews and controversy over its length but I'd still like to play & judge it for myself all the same. Still looking forward to playing it so I'll be booting it up later tonight.

Ok, I need to buy one of these lol :D

How do i represent if i bought a lot of digital this month? Just take a screenshot? And, is it possible to buy empty game boxes (complete with cover art) so i am able to represent my purchases on my shelves?

mcmmaster

I would recommend CDJapan I have ordered more than 20 VGM music cds from them and never received anything damaged, their packaging method is incredible .

Oh and BTW nice taste in VGM music :)

I import all my soundtracks from Amazon JP. Never had a problem.
You should give them a try.

Thanks for the recommendations both of you, i'll try them out next time i'm importing. If things turn out well then maybe I haven't got bad luck with soundtracks.

My next import will likely be Xenoblade Chronicles X as long as Sawano doesn't mess up, he has big shoes to fill after Xenoblade's stellar soundtrack. Oh and thanks for the compliment ys45, I sure do love all kinds of VGM!

IndustryX

Macbook Pro Retina 13"
i5 2.8GHz
256 Gb SSD
Intel Iris
8 GB of RAM

Bought the refurb model from apples website and saved nearly $300. Thjs thing looks and feels brand new from the factory.

The Order 1886

Nike Flywire 3 Training Shoes

Seagate MyBackup Plus 3TB

Will update with some pics this evening.

TheMoon

How do i represent if i bought a lot of digital this month? Just take a screenshot? And, is it possible to buy empty game boxes (complete with cover art) so i am able to represent my purchases on my shelves?

snap a pic of your downloads! others have done it this way for a while. but not screenshots! actual photos!

AlfaTrion

i used to screenshot, just havent done it in a while but I still see them.

As for game boxes, look up Cover Project :) It's beautiful. You'll find all you need there

Top Bottom