• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sora_N

2013_02_05_zpsc3a19ab4.jpg

Edit: sorry forgot to quote

Dr Dogg

How's the Dead Space book? I've been going back and forth on that for the past couple of days.

Yeah not too bad. One of the better artbooks I've bought. Covers all 3 of the main games (nothing on Extraction or Severed sadly) and is fairly evenly distributed. The way the book is laid out is that each section covers a certain topic ie Isaac himself, Mining Tools, Necros and The Culture of the Dead Space universe and has content from all 3 interwoven through out them. Some bigger sections break each game down piece by piece and in total it's 192 pages in length.

Sora_N

Just got this after I went to the dentist this morning, anyone know if this set is decent? I actually got a discount on it ($14 for the set) or else I would have passed, sort of just bought first and think later. Lol.

GulAtiCa

This came today! I already have Shadow Man for the N64 and loved it, but I am curious how it looks/plays on the Dreamcast. My copy of Yoshi's Island 2 for SNES also came as well as 8 different Virtual Boy games.

Foofaraw

It has been an expensive week for me.

Decided to pick up some comic books based on a recommendation from a guy at the local shop
ROtmHnp.jpg

I suggest you look into Hickman's Avengers. The art, at least for the first 3 issues, is fantastic. It's a bit convoluted, and it may be a slow burn, but it gets most of my new comic money. Trade waiting on this one is hard for me.

soulfly22583

Neo Member
I suggest you look into Hickman's Avengers. The art, at least for the first 3 issues, is fantastic. It's a bit convoluted, and it may be a slow burn, but it gets most of my new comic money. Trade waiting on this one is hard for me.

Ill actually make note of this. I am just now getting back into comic books and am looking for ways to spend my money =) Thanks for the rec!

Comic Haul:

98E9475C-7DEB-4C9C-A867-DBAF153FDD5A-1050-000000AC928DD45A_zps4d684a9d.jpg

- Green Arrow #17
- All-New X-Men #7
- New Avengers #3
- Avengers #5
- Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 2 (now I have all 3 vols.)

Not pictured:
- New Avengers #2 (digital)

Foofaraw

Ill actually make note of this. I am just now getting back into comic books and am looking for ways to spend my money =) Thanks for the rec!

Also, Uncanny Avengers has been coming out incredibly slow. The artist has been a cause of fairly lengthy delays on this book and others. Hawkeye is also something of a darling. It's a bit wacky, the art is very distinct, and it is a lot of fun. It's almost the opposite of Avengers, where each issue (for the most part) is a one shot adventure with the Hawkguy and, occasionally, Pizza Dog.

Returners

Hey guys, sorry to be a downer, but I figured it would be the best to get some advice here.

My basement was flooded and I kept a lot of my CEs and basically anything in paper boxes was soaked to a certain degree. I've left them out to dry for now with a dehumidifier running alongside it. Do you guys have any other tips?

AkIRA_22

Good effing grief... I was finally able to be in the Google Play store when 16GB Nexus 4s were available. I also got a Nokia wireless charger but it's at work.

DSC_0038_zpsacf24689.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsacf780c2.jpg

She's veeeeery reflective, I wasn't counting on it being so slippery either... I'll leave this in a Taxi when drunk, for sure.

DSC_0039_zps7a249032.jpg

GulAtiCa

Hey guys, sorry to be a downer, but I figured it would be the best to get some advice here.

My basement was flooded and I kept a lot of my CEs and basically anything in paper boxes was soaked to a certain degree. I've left them out to dry for now with a dehumidifier running alongside it. Do you guys have any other tips?

I don't know if this will work with paper. But try leaving any of your games/electronics in rice for a while .Will help draw out the water.

monome

a32fbf4e-da3a-4f9c-b6b4-10f4ea430018_zpsf024f1a2.jpg

Came home to a stack of boxes.. Both Zelda Historias, and the History of Sonic LE(#21 out of 1000), He-Man comics and Minecraft Lego.

By the power of Grayskull, I thorougly enjoyed all the latest Masters Of The Universe comics and I'm mighty pleased the series will become ongoing.

All in all, this lot has come it about £80. Damn this thread! In my haste and getting caught up in the hype i didn't realise i wouldn't be able to play the damn thing because i have no SCART/AV multi sets in the house - we just have monitors and you know how much thos GC component cables are :/

Any how:

_igp02528kkiv.jpg

_igp0253zqkad.jpg

and the cream of the crop:
_igp02568kkfh.jpg

Dat' unused Nintendo Points card.

Out of shot is the memory card, box and carry case the guy threw in.

What other classics should i look out for other than Melee and Sunshine, as well as cheap (lol) component cable?

BOTEC

Good effing grief... I was finally able to be in the Google Play store when 16GB Nexus 4s were available. I also got a Nokia wireless charger but it's at work.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/steggs69/DSC_0038_zpsacf24689.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/steggs69/DSC_0040_zpsacf780c2.jpg[IMG]

She's veeeeery reflective, I wasn't counting on it being [B]so slippery [/B]either... I'll leave this in a Taxi when drunk, for sure.

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/steggs69/DSC_0039_zps7a249032.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I really like mine, but I hate that aspect. I dropped it twice within hours of taking it out of the box. I never had to buy a case for a phone before, but I feel it's a necessity for this one.

All in all, this lot has come it about £80. Damn this thread! In my haste and getting caught up in the hype i didn't realise i wouldn't be able to play the damn thing because i have no SCART/AV multi sets in the house - we just have monitors and you know how much thos GC component cables are :/

Any how:

_igp02528kkiv.jpg

Out of shot is the memory card, box and carry case the guy threw in.

What other classics should i look out for other than Melee and Sunshine, as well as cheap (lol) component cable?

Did you not consider just buying/using a Wii?
Or did the games come in a bundle with the system?

Top Bottom