• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrivals over the past couple of days. I am pleased :D

6QqYlst.jpg

Hightower

Banned
I finally bought myself a Sega Saturn!

The console was in excellent condition, it's a Mark 1 model, but the controller is a Mark 2 model and a little worn down. I'm buying a new controller soon.

vxumcZIh.jpg

jfNMdKbh.jpg

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

The Pal cases are soooooooo much better than the US ones.. those damn bulky fragile things.

Smokey

Lol yeah I also added USB 3.0 to the front panel which added more cables. One of the hdd racks broke on me and I haven't taken it out yet. Probably gonna redo everything when I get my new Samsung 840 pro 512mb SSD.

I'm also thinking about getting another titan.

Congrats, it's a great card. Before you get a second make sure you have the proper monitor or setup to support it. I played bf3 end game this morning with one titan and sli disabled at 2560x1600, everything maxed and was pulling over 60fps. Without a overclock. But then again in crysis 3 I need both of them for Very High everything and SMAA 2x to get 55-60 so another can definitely help if you push them right.

Just sayin before you drop another 1k!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

The Pal cases are soooooooo much better than the US ones.. those damn bulky fragile things.
Thanks! :)

I'm amazed at the cases! Together with the manual they weigh a lot and feel really solid. So much better than the PS1 cases I broke lots of as younger. Will be taking so good care of this console.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
got a ps3 sticker with my preorder as a surprise, figured why not?

pdKEtKw.jpg

and a LBP keychain :D

wlJhjt0.jpg

edit: Last of us demo opens a countdown, EIGHTY DAYS hahahaha

Proc

Pretty huge starcraft fan. Probably won't learn much from the book but it looked like a nice collectible to browse on the toilet.

OadIfN7l.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hah! Just noticed that the pic I posted in December of my HE-400 headphones are in the collage in the OP. :D

Edit: I figured I should mention that the headphones still amaze me each time I listen to them. So worth it.

Back from Tokyo with a bunch of stuff. Surprised I bought so little. Guess I just couldn't find some of the games I wanted at a reasonable price.

3 Soul Sacrifice Double Packs (1 for myself):

Boxed SFC games for 250yen each:

Loose SFC Carts:

Famicom games and some other stuff:

Awesome PS Vita sleeve for $6. Great padding and fits great:

Get my parcel from USA. 26 days in export and my forwarding company send it without insurance. Sorry about photo quality, I have no time to make proper photo when received it and no patience when returned to home after work.

oyCly8t.jpg

What inside:

Ni No Kuni: CE: long waited pre-order from august. The package has some dent at the top, but inside all in mint condition. Started it yesterday after Star Ocean. This masterpiece will occupy my current week.

Sorcery: there was discount on amazon, so I grabbed one.

Kindle and cover: display is outstanding. Backlight is good too, but uniformity at the edges can be better. There is visible falloff at the bottom edge.

Nexus 4: after 8 years my old (first phone and only one) trusty Siemens CX70 started to fall apart. Body divided to two parts with big crack and if you not hold it gentle it will power-off. So from this, to nexus

7BstsLi.jpg

This is my first smartphone and my first android experience. Until now I have only iOS experience at my job as programmer. But I was not able to even imagine, how big difference between them. Andorid way functional and robust. I always find something new in it; customization is pure freedom. So far it is best purchase in this year.
In real life Nexus 4 is far better than on pictures. Display is sharp, but colors lack brightness, compared to my IPS monitor and Vita. I know that it is firmware problem, but I don't want to jump from stock kernel(difference can be seen only after direct compare), hope Google will fix this in the future updates. Device is slick and wide; fits my hands without cripple them. I find only one problem so far: if I press a body at upper left corner it makes crack sound.
Google sell this device at 350$ price. In my country pricetag sets at 671$. Apple must learn from them, how to sell with 100% margin.

PULSE headset: overall ok. They sound more clear and brighter that my SS Syberia, but I don't like "in box" feelings and Syberia is king in comfortability. So I prefer Syberia for music and PC stuff. Using PULSE, when playing on PS3, because that double converting killing me (from RCA->male jack->female jack). I don't know how real, good headphones must sound, so read this with grain of salt.

Mud guard: long month with salty snow. Government thinks that add salt to snow is more smarter then clearing it. Salt can work to lower freezing temperature, but it pain in ass to wash it from bicycle and I am not saying how it is bad for metal part in cars. At least now this not fly to my mouth and face. Old mudguards (top peak too) was broken because of bad mount point. One with my leg (front-inner), and second with fork (front-front). New MG have some unique mounting system, so it will be harder to brake them.

Vita cable, Lens Pen and Giotto Air Blaster small (too small, had to buy a medium).

ramyeon

Kindle and cover: display is outstanding. Backlight is good too, but uniformity at the edges can be better. There is visible falloff at the bottom edge.
It's actually front lit by 4 LED lights at the bottom of the device, that's why there's slight shadowing on the bottom edge. If you hold it at the right angle you can see the 4 lights. The shadowing is a small trade off in my opinion, since backlighting feels really harsh on my eyes in dark settings.

Bii

I was having a hard time deciding on which one to get, and then I remembered I had enough points for a GS $25 off coupon :)

What GTI you driving? ;)

It's funny when I put something on the passenger seat and it tells me the seat belt isn't on. :/

Greyvvolf

nice pick up!

i still have my hardcover MGS4 guide sealed up LOL

ended up winning a paperback guide from the midnight launch at gamestop so i never needed to open it
Thanks! If you ever open it up there is a sweet lithograph in there that looks really good when framed.

It's actually front lit by 4 LED lights at the bottom of the device, that's why there's slight shadowing on the bottom edge. If you hold it at the right angle you can see the 4 lights. The shadowing is a small trade off in my opinion, since backlighting feels really harsh on my eyes in dark settings.

Backlight is small addon, rather than selling point. It is nice to have, especially in places like train or places without good illumination.

I had a pretty swell birthday!

$75 Gift cards from Ann's parents.
(I already spent it all. lol)

SOL Republic Headband - Purple
(Got it from SOL themselves. Might use it for the demo in Weber State that I'll be doing soon.)

Rocksmith, Bayonetta, and Too Human for the Xbox 360.
(I thank the Tropes vs. Women videos for Bayonetta. Fantastic game.)

i adore my white saturn, but i never knew it looked so nice in black...

Haha, true! I remember thinking it looked a little bulky back in the day. But now (compared to first gen 360/PS3 and not forgetting the Xbox 1) it doesn't look that big. Really nice looking and the shiny black part has been preserved really well by the owner.

Yes Boss!

Awesome board! You get it locally or online?

Online at warehouseskateboards.com.

I would not even know where to find one here in my small town. My last skater was also and enjoi so I kept with it. Can't wait to take it out this weekend! More of a distance rider so I'm gonna go 8-10 miles this weekend and skate all over downtown Frederick.

Yes Boss!

Random arcade parts for things in my gameroom. Blue button to replace one in my HRAP2 that got scratched. Thank god they still make them!

3A8BFE41-A16C-4FD4-97CF-54E5FBC71582-2856-000002F37EDA4661.jpg

Kainazzo

2K8Duvs.jpg

Update on the boxes: they're done! Had to thoroughly search two stores to find four wide EA Genesis boxes in decent shape. Sure they're ~20 years old, but people payed $60+ for these games, they gotta take better care of them!

Thanks to Bill Walsh College Football, two copies of Jungle Strike, and Madden 92' for making the sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom