• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GfoPCJ2.jpg

edit: And some more 3ds goodness:

JwuGpyR.jpg

first time posting in this thread after almost 3 years of membership! was waiting on my camera bundle to get here. picked up the games end of february.

Let me know if you can get into Evergrace, it hasn't aged well at all if you ask me.. but perhaps I was judging it too harshly. Maybe I should have approached it as a really pretty PS1 game, which it basically is.

DasDamen

Nope, used. I realize I overpaid. In my area it's generally even more expensive (somehow) and I didn't want to have to deal with eBay if I didn't have to (I've had some items lost in the mail before).

Pay for everything through PayPal, and you'll receive buyer protection for things that don't ever get delivered to you.

But anyway, you only overpaid $5-$10.

Let me know if you can get into Evergrace, it hasn't aged well at all if you ask me.. but perhaps I was judging it too harshly. Maybe I should have approached it as a really pretty PS1 game, which it basically is.

i'm planning on doing a run through every From Software RPG starting this year. i attempted last year starting with King's Field US and King's Field JPN but some life events/changes got in the way. i was originally going to keep it within the "King's Field" legacy of games and include the Shadow Tower series and the Soul's games, but I think it might prove more enlightening/interesting if include some of their less dark titles like Ever Grace and Eternal Ring.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just a few quickie items the last few days:

8522253149_130712e30e_c.jpg

8522255833_05bfb34b75_c.jpg

8522256697_c9fd24db69_c.jpg

Nisa65

Gaming stuff.
P1020362_zpsd24a0b69.jpg

Movies
P1020365_zps57c6e3c6.jpg

Female Monster Hunter from a UFO catcher.
P1020373_zpsbda1b938.jpg

With Soul Sacrifice and Luigi's Mansion 2 also out this month, it's shaping up to be a rather expensive time for gaming.

Gameboy415

I had a pretty awesome day of thrifting this week - I found/saw so much good stuff!

1303-Games1_zpsb7398e55.jpg

I found the Guitar Hero clip-game @ Salvation Army for $1.50, got the PSN card from Target, Vampire Rain for under $1.50 from Gamestop (I figured I'd give it a shot for that price, haha!), and the rest from Half-Price Books for ~$10 total.
I also saw a few older RPGs I was interested in @ HPB (Ys VI and Grandia 2 & 3 for PS2 & Wild Arms 1 & 2 on PS1) but they were all priced a bit higher than I wanted to pay

1303-Games2_zps6ccbbd0b.jpg

The boxed SNES games were $0.96 each at Salvation Army! The top 2 are complete and in great shape, but Super BattleTank randomly had a copy of Super Mario World inside (and nothing else).
Then, at my local Goodwill I found Kid Icarus for NES (which I've been trying to track down for a while) and my personal holy grail - Chrono Trigger for SNES!!
It was obscenely over-priced but I've wanted the SNES version of the game for ~18 years and I couldn't pass it up. I'll have to search for a box/manual on eBay I guess...
There was a small handful of other games of interest (Zelda: LTTP, Final Fantasy II, Super Ninja Boy, etc.) but I either already owned them or didn't want to pay the prices they were asking (everything was cart-only).
It actually looked as if someone dropped off an entire tub of SNES games so I can only imagine what I missed out on! :O

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
just recieved this bad boy from an Ebay Auction. works great, but Street Fighter 2 is hell with a 2 button controller. Translated Rondo of Blood works great on it though ;)

The street fighter 2 Hucard came with a cute little super deformed comic

just recieved this bad boy from an Ebay Auction. works great, but Street Fighter 2 is hell with a 2 button controller. Translated Rondo of Blood works great on it though ;)

The street fighter 2 Hucard came with a cute little super deformed comic

Awesome buy! How much are Turboduos running now adays? If you don't mind my asking.

$19.99 on Amazon was the right price for me after hearing some criticism from both the 8-4 guys and GB. The game does look pretty damn good on the 3DS. I am still amazed by how bad the voice acting is and how poorly some of the mechanics are implemented. Might have to see how much 3DS XL Frankensticks when I am in Tokyo this week.

M-PG71C

qlxrgEx.jpg

Most likely my last 'newly bought' DS game (as in probably the last game release wise I'm interested in, def not the last DS game I want to buy though lol, still lots of old ones).

Crazy even after all this time the DS still provides cool games for me. The 3DS is already awesome and the future looks easily set to continue so, if its even close to the amazement its dad had then I'll be over the moon! :D

You showed the world what a '3rd pillar' could do. :p One of the best of all time. Farewell DS, system of greatness.

I would love to have this game, how do I import it into the U.S.? Thanks!

Miroku129

Hi! First time posting in this thread... I'm from Chile aka "place where things hard to find".

The Last Story + Artbook

8LoYBRSl.jpg

tTqR3Ldl.jpg

Avatar + The Avengers Blu-Ray 3D

usvA0fvl.jpg

Mario Kart 7 + Fire Emblem Awakening with his bonus Artbook.

4wUdEO1l.jpg

The (now classic) Hyrule Historia.

nuxcH7zl.jpg

Liberation Maiden + Mighty Switch Force! + Bloody Vampire from the E-shop.

4L1mUzSl.jpg

kYbWhjel.jpg

By the way, congratulations to the father-gaffer!!! *-*

qlxrgEx.jpg

Most likely my last 'newly bought' DS game (as in probably the last game release wise I'm interested in, def not the last DS game I want to buy though lol, still lots of old ones).

Crazy even after all this time the DS still provides cool games for me. The 3DS is already awesome and the future looks easily set to continue so, if its even close to the amazement its dad had then I'll be over the moon! :D

You showed the world what a '3rd pillar' could do. :p One of the best of all time. Farewell DS, system of greatness.

Been tempted to order this for months now. Must resist.

Posted this in the taser thread - picked this up a month or so ago but i like it.

http://youtu.be/jUx8ooXHh9A

Comes with car charger and AC adapter - it actually works as a LED flash light as well so i managed to sneak it in through the airport here and didnt have to shove it up my arse.

You just arm it with a kill switch on the back and then hit the button on top. The vid doesnt pick up how deceptively loud it really is. makes most people jump when you arc it up.

I also have the fixed box art, but I saw a pre-owned copy of "Revelaitons" today and was tempted to pick it up. In ten years it'll probably be worth a lot...just because. But then again it might not. So I didn't snag it.

daveo42

Banned
Got to see one of my favorite bands last night and was able to pick up their new album and a t-shirt.

LvsvlFe.jpg

qZfYIGx.jpg

I also picked a few things up from a local arcade.

F8bNXGk.jpg

Finally have a power brick and A/V cables for my SNES.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Awesome buy! How much are Turboduos running now adays? If you don't mind my asking.

This purchase was about $230 with shipping added from japan. Actual american Turboduo's will cost and arm and a leg. something like $500 on up. The japanese ones have region protection on the Hucards only (which can be disabled internally), but not on the CD.

Random candies.

Half a pound of scotchmallows:
FC178977-D268-455C-AE3B-676B2A5FDB66-1239-0000010A3C1E40E6_zps5e03d259.jpg

Dark milk chocolate bar:
47E2CA05-E115-473D-96E0-E208FFC6CB7F-1239-0000010AF2279EE3_zps39209479.jpg

According to the lady at See's, you can microwave a scotchmallow for about 10 seconds and them sandwich between graham crackers for a killer s'more.

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
Lucky enough to add 2 Pins to the collection this month.

Pins_zps83cb536f.jpg

My Fiance bought the Freddy, and I bought the Super Mario Bros!

Going to be selling the World Cup Soccer 94'

Going to be a blast playing these. I've wanted Mario for as long as I've been collecting pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom