• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Since November 2006 <3...

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Let's fighting love.

NeoGAF MAY2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

2vttkxe.png

Special thanks to HUELEN10 for the new banner! (If anyone wants to make a new banner for this month, you're more than welcome to do so) !

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

April was crazy. So much work, I only got to play a few games of Super Street Fighter IV. I didn't get to enjoy anything! Not even my birthday!

Here's some pickups from last month:

4533142611_7235bd8789_o.jpg

4565198994_9d4a180767.jpg

27218_384764018882_507353882_3989149_5762146_n.jpg

---

Might as well take this chance to ask... You guys interested in some TEAM MAD CATZ / THE BEAST shirts?

What do you think about the design?

Here are some shots...

4550277624_69726ce04d_o.jpg

4549639067_b3eb7ca69b_o.jpg

4550277564_895ddf918b_o.jpg

4549638725_a2ff88b0a7_o.jpg

4549638865_1dc94e9648_o.jpg

^ THE BEAST edition

tturunen

Neo Member
New home, my first buy and after couple month fixing place.
Here is our new bathroom / shower:

space_shower00.jpg

space_shower02.jpg

space_shower01.jpg

More pictures coming soon, when we get all our stuff in right places.

J-Roderton

I don't think i have ever seen such an awesome shower. How did you get the lights coming out like that? Sweet tiles BTW.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If I had that shower I would have so much sex in it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sooo many good pictures in this thread already.

WEGGLES

Parents just dropped these off from the PO box

Click for full size

MGMT - Congratulations (W/ scratch off cover)

To scratch or not to scratch... It's like The Velvet Underground & Nico w/ the Banana all over again :lol

Health - HEALTH

I love everything about this. Amazing album. Awesome cover art. White vinyl. :D

Vampire Weekend - Contra (W/ GIANT poster of the cover)

Caramello

Picked these up yesterday;

t9ywyd.jpg

Avatar Blu-Ray (astonishing picture quality) and Red Steel 2 (have played a bit and I hope it picks up)

2njev4z.jpg

Brutal Legend, Dragon Ball Raging Blast and Bayonetta. Haven't played any yet, my girlfriend got them for me because her bb manager dropped the prices too low (were supposed to be $40 :lol )

WEGGLES

Jroderton said:
You can't go wrong with those pick ups WEGGLES. Good ones.
For sure.

Made sure to pick up MGMT. Gotta respect a band that completely abandons everything most people liked about Oracular Spectacular :lol

Carnby

Caramello said:
Picked these up yesterday;

t9ywyd.jpg

Avatar Blu-Ray (astonishing picture quality) and Red Steel 2 (have played a bit and I hope it picks up)

2njev4z.jpg

Brutal Legend, Dragon Ball Raging Blast and Bayonetta. Haven't played any yet, my girlfriend got them for me because her bb manager dropped the prices too low (were supposed to be $40 :lol )

no offense, but with cases like that you got what you paid for. :-/

but maybe thats the "snoody collector" in me talking.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
jaekwon15 said:
no offense, but with cases like that you got what you paid for. :-/

but maybe thats the "snoody collector" in me talking.
You'll undoubtedly be able to find those games in real cases for similar prices in a matter of months if not already... but dude some people don't care ;)

Caramello

@jaekwon15: I have brand new cases, and I'm planning on printing off new covers. Not a big deal. Also these were $15 Australian, they retail for $100 here.

ArchAngel

- Dance in the Vampire Bund (BD) Vol. 1
- To Aru no Kagaku no Railgun (BD) Vol. 4
- Girls Dead Monster - Crow Song
- Resonance of Fate (PS3)

CIMG4485.JPG

Carnby

Caramello said:
@jaekwon15: I have brand new cases, and I'm planning on printing off new covers. Not a big deal. Also these were $15 Australian, they retail for $100 here.

that's cool man. i certainly don't mean to rain on your parade. like i said, I'm prolly being a snob. :)

LRB1983

Banned
Let's Start with favourite april stuff:
lH4bh.jpg

Good May pickups
xzbDw.jpg

God Of War Trilogy
Dead Or Alive
Dr. Slump nº 4 Manga
God Of War Collection
Evangelion 1.11
Super Street Fighter IV
And Three iPhone games:
Z8OkP.png
zSAnn.png

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Degeneration
Espagaluda 2

UxZtz.jpg

I got these thanks to some deals posted in the Cheap Ass GAFer thread but I can't play anything until my tests are over so I've just been staring at the boxes. I also got the Bison fightpad pretty cheaply too.

tturunen said:
New home, my first buy and after couple month fixing place.
Here is our new bathroom / shower:

space_shower00.jpg

I didn't realize that it was a reflection at first and thought that you had a sink and toilet in your shower. But sadly no-one uses any of my ideas for house design.

Nitemare1

electroshockwave said:
I didn't realize that it was a reflection at first and thought that you had a sink and toilet in your shower. But sadly no-one uses any of my ideas for house design.
:lol

and love the shower tturunen

sam27368

Banned
That shower is amazing, please post a making-of thread! Or tell us how you got those awesome lights!

This month is primarily "finish off the PS1 collection" I've created a google docs spreadsheet that I can access on the fly on my iPhone (when I'm at used game shops and so on) so I know what I still need to get. Almost done, although I'm not sure on Castlevania SOTN and Suikoden II as they'll set me back about £180 (around $360)
8ydvt0.jpg

:EDIT: Also picked up Borderlands to keep me going until the new ones come out. Need some Gaffers to play with though since none of my mates have it. sam_justice is my psn id add me up!

Vortex566

sam27368 said:
That shower is amazing, please post a making-of thread! Or tell us how you got those awesome lights!

This month is primarily "finish off the PS1 collection" I've created a google docs spreadsheet that I can access on the fly on my iPhone (when I'm at used game shops and so on) so I know what I still need to get. Almost done, although I'm not sure on Castlevania SOTN and Suikoden II as they'll set me back about £180 (around $360)
8ydvt0.jpg

:EDIT: Also picked up Borderlands to keep me going until the new ones come out. Need some Gaffers to play with though since none of my mates have it. sam_justice is my psn id add me up!

How much did you pay for the FF:T guide?

sam27368

Banned
Vortex566 said:
How much did you pay for the FF:T guide?
I got lucky on ebay, the items were together and the listing was in the wrong area so no one else bidded on it. Cost me $20 (£10) in all.

LRB1983

Banned
Yazuka said:
Care to take a picture of how the inside of GoW Trilogy looks like?
Or is it just the regular cases, in a new paper sleeve?
I can take them if you want but they're regular cases in a new box. Without any special guidebook inside, very disappointing.

-PXG-

Unless anyone is getting married or about to have a kid, MarkMan has already won the thread. He got a God damn human being. :lol

Daigo >>>>>>>>>>> GAF's video game, anime and blu-ray pick-ups.

Spookie

New t's and a hoodie (missing a green DC one I was wearing at the time)

New Shoes

and, finally, something gaming related: my 250GB 360 HDD. Finally upgraded from my 20GB.

Nothing else to buy damn it! Roll on May so I can buy all the latest releases under the sun.

tturunen

Neo Member
Hello again NeoGaf.
Sorry this is also kind "old", from last friday.

We got this packet to our Manga Cafe (Helsinki, Finland)
wake01.jpg

It include some posters
wake02.jpg

And all signed by Sam Lake (Sami Järvi), writer of Alan Wake and both Max Payne games.
wake03.jpg

sam27368

Banned
tturunen said:
Hello again NeoGaf.

We got this packet to our Manga Cafe (Helsinki, Finland)
wake01.jpg

It including some posters
wake02.jpg

And all signed by Sam Lake (Sami Järvi), writer of Alan Wake and both Max Payne games.
wake03.jpg

Willing to sell any??!?! :D

Sent

tturunen said:
Hello again NeoGaf.

It include some posters

Did you get your poster frames locally or online too?? I bought some oversized posters but have no idea where to get frames for them.

tturunen

Neo Member
Sent said:
Did you get your poster frames locally or online too?? I bought some oversized posters but have no idea where to get frames for them.

That frame was from Ikea :D
Edit: called Ikea RIBBA frame
Actually all our cafes poster frame are from there, they are kind nice/basic and dont cost much.

sam27368 said:
Willing to sell any??!?!
Sorry, nope :p
They actually are from Remedy, got those after I ask some PR posters, so maybe I will keep those little while in Cafe and then I´ll take those to my home :D

Top Bottom