• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

Capture.PNG

I bought a used Canon EOS XTi with battery grip, two batteries and two 2GB CF cards.

3c3m.jpg

A Wacom Bamboo pen & touch

156vatf.jpg

A new pair of Converse

2r3jv5s.jpg

The Codemasters Racing Pack on Steam

4vo61h.jpg

And last but not least, I finally upgraded the hard drives in my system :D

An Intel X25-M G2 for Windows and a WD Carvia Blue for my data.
28kmwcz.jpg

Proc

do you notice much of a difference with the flash drive?

I'm thinking I should feed my pc some new parts sometime soon too.

My q6600 and 4 gigs of ddr2 is smelling pretty stinky these days.

Yazuka

LRB1983 said:
I can take them if you want but they're regular cases in a new box. Without any special guidebook inside, very disappointing.
Nah, its okay then. Dissapointed to hear that. Was hoping for something more special.
Then I can just as well buy them seperatly. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be posting pictures tomorrow of my pick ups, not home at the moment.

nny

To kick off the month on a good note, I had two packages awaiting me today:

- Lego 6361: I had (and loved) this set many, many years ago, but lost most of the pieces. Online auctions are the best:

DSC05063.jpg

- Layton Revoltech:

DSC05056.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

- I've wanted a Windows 98 machine for quite some time, it works great and now it's time to install all those point and click adventures:

DSC05062.jpg

<3

Bii

brotkasten said:
I bought a used Canon EOS XTi with battery grip, two batteries and two 2GB CF cards.

http://i40.tinypic.com/3c3m.jpg

A Wacom Bamboo pen & touch

http://i39.tinypic.com/156vatf.jpg

A new pair of Converse

http://i39.tinypic.com/2r3jv5s.jpg

The Codemasters Racing Pack on Steam

http://i39.tinypic.com/4vo61h.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/28kmwcz.jpg

Lovin' your pick-ups. Reminds me that I need to get a battery grip for my XTi. I've had my camera for a few years but have yet to buy one for it. Although, there was only one event/situation where the battery had died on me and wasn't able to take any pictures for the rest of the night...but it's better to be safe than sorry, I suppose. I'm not sure what your level of photography knowledge is but if you're considering getting a new lens, the Canon 50mm f/1.8 is a great prime lens to start out with. It's relatively cheap (~$100), sharp and does well in low-light parameters.

4568968196_c1023714e8_o.jpg

Supreme. Hardcover. $31.
I've been a big fan of Supreme and this book serves as a monograph/short history of the brand. It has tons and tons of pictures (including the nude ones :lol) and there's an index of their merch at the back of the book.

Here's a picture of the cover when the dust jacket is taken off:

4568968446_86daf52792_o.jpg

And one video game purchase.

4568331093_c5659238fe_o.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles. PS3. $9.

The price came down to $19.99 at Amazon and I had a $10 gift certificate...so the total was $9. I've heard nothing but good things about the game but it's going to have to sit in my backlog for a bit. I'm working on two other RPGs at the moment (HeartGold and FFXIII).

JEKKI

oh hex yeay~!!! Im starting the month off correct!!

I finally got a TV!!!

t53eqs.jpg

now I can finally play video games again!!!

2n9duvn.jpg

video games!! does anyone remember them?!?!

coz Im bringin them back!!!

Bought on April and beyond but still.

Some LTTP stuff here
GAFMay1Update1.jpg

I'm starting to do a Final Fantasy collection. I always wanted to but never found a good seller with decent price and quality. Now that I found one, I bought those (minus FFIV on GBA cause I had it already). And I just bought all the NES Japanese Final Fantasy games from the same seller. Can't wait.
Inb4 nickname quote?
GAFMay1Update2.jpg
GAFMay1Update3.jpg

I also modded my American SNES to play the Super Famicom games.
GAFMay1Update4.jpg

robot

some early birthday gifts - Battle Kid which is a fairly new release, and good ol' gold Zelda (with the book!).

canvas.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Just in time for the Halo: Reach Beta... This was actually a April pick-up but I was banned. lolz

2kg7jb.jpg

Not pictured: 12 mo XBL card, and Wireless A/B/G adapter for the 360.

No more money to buy anything else for along time! D:

Tmac

tturunen said:
New home, my first buy and after couple month fixing place.
Here is our new bathroom / shower:

space_shower00.jpg

More pictures coming soon, when we get all our stuff in right places.

Why do you have a toilet and a sink in your shower?

mooooose

Bii said:
Supreme. Hardcover. $31.
I've been a big fan of Supreme and this book serves as a monograph/short history of the brand. It has tons and tons of pictures (including the nude ones :lol) and there's an index of their merch at the back of the book.
How'd you find out about Supreme? I'm curious.

AkIRA_22

Well I just got back from a 6 month deployment to the middle east and I had a little cash to burn so I upgraded the old PC. I'm basically in love with the new one.

i7-930, 6GB DDR3 1600, DFI Lanparty Jr, Asus 5870, Nova 64 SSD, H50 liquid cooler, Zalman 750W PSU, Antec P180 mini. :D

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

Also some new games to test it.

DSC00317.jpg

and a couple for the PS3, it needs lovin' too.

DSC00313.jpg

WEGGLES

AkIRA_22 said:
and a couple for the PS3, it needs lovin' too.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/steggs69/DSC00313.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
JC2 has some awesome PC mods though. Infinite tethers!

Either way JC 2 is an awesome pickup.

(Don't do the Pirate Broadcast mission though, sometimes glitches the game up and you can't use your parachute any more :[ )

YagizY

elrechazao said:
I rarely post in here, but - new shoes

[IM]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/elrechazao/shoez.jpg[/IM]

I have the same exact pair! In fact I posted them in the april pick-up post!

HYDE

Banned
Tmac said:

I lived in Argentina for a while, and it is quite common there.:lol

Though I know it is just a reflection.:D

tturunen

Neo Member
Tmac said:

Because its just easier to do both things same time :D

Here is little bit better picture
shower01.jpg

There is one other alien in mirror. There is three differences space invaders in the walls.

Caprica12

Neo Member
Last month, I had NONE of this and now I do!

2lm6z2p.jpg

I'm just a poor college student so this is like 2 Christmas' in one for me. Last time I was actually able to afford anything game related it was in 2008 lol.

LiK

brotkasten said:

28kmwcz.jpg

when i build a new PC, i'm going SSD for the main drive as well. the speed is ridiculously faster than regular HDDs. nice choice with Intel as well, they seem to be the best SSDs from reviews i've read

Bii

mooooose said:
How'd you find out about Supreme? I'm curious.

From my brother. Around 8-9 years ago, my brother was big in the shoe game and he was drooling over the Nike SB Dunk Low Supreme Cements. At that time, he just started up a subscription to Sole Collector and Sneaker Freaker; I'd occasionally browse them and started to become more interested in what is now the modern shoe craze. Supreme tees and hats have always caught my eye. Especially the ones with a minimalist design and their logo slapped on there.

ZZMitch

My recent pick ups-
P1000918.jpg

I love this head set, has 7.1 surround sound (somehow) and works on my Xbox 360, PC and PS3 (no mic support for PS3 though), haven't tried on my Wii yet. It is great for playing late at night when others are asleep or when someone else is in the same room (I use them all the time though, because I don't have surround sound speakers).
P1000924.jpg

P1000923.jpg

mooooose

Bii said:
From my brother. Around 8-9 years ago, my brother was big in the shoe game and he was drooling over the Nike SB Dunk Low Supreme Cements. At that time, he just started up a subscription to Sole Collector and Sneaker Freaker; I'd occasionally browse them and started to become more interested in what is now the modern shoe craze. Supreme tees and hats have always caught my eye. Especially the ones with a minimalist design and their logo slapped on there.
I'm always curious as someone who lives just outside NYC and is 'in' the culture to some extent.

Enron

Banned
Bii said:
Valkyria Chronicles. PS3. $9.

The price came down to $19.99 at Amazon and I had a $10 gift certificate...so the total was $9. I've heard nothing but good things about the game but it's going to have to sit in my backlog for a bit. I'm working on two other RPGs at the moment (HeartGold and FFXIII).

Move this to the front of the queue immediately. It's better than both of those by far.

dionysus

Yaldog
LiK said:
when i build a new PC, i'm going SSD for the main drive as well. the speed is ridiculously faster than regular HDDs. nice choice with Intel as well, they seem to be the best SSDs from reviews i've read

Best upgrade I have done in years. Love boots in less than 10s.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i can confirm about ssd ownage, i have the 80gb intel and what i got most blown away by is how fast photoshop boots, 2-3 secs compared to 30+ on my hdd O_O

maskrider

maskrider said:

Sorry for quoting myself, the fucking HDMI port on my Elite (bought less than 6 months and I only have 2 games, Bayonetta and this one) died right at the moment I wanted to continue my quest on Rank 8. Composite still work, tried Y+RT when powering on but didn't work. I guess I'll have to stick on playing the PS3 version for the while before I get a replacement.

P Blue Ribbon

Neo Member
Some random stuff from over the last month or so

New Apartment with a nice view
1zyvudv.jpg

New Ikea chair
2s77zop.jpg

New TV Bench
vmq340.jpg

Retro gaming, new gaming, and Blu-Rays
k38xvt.jpg

Top Bottom