• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!!

picked up an xbox one today, which was $335 at costco. Also picked up alien isolation.

3386969a.jpg

Late October - early November pickups:

Cheap Chibi-Robo! Park Patrol and Resident Evil "Revelaitons"
Also received the £30 Special Edition of Bayo 2 from Amazon UK, next to the FPE I got in earlier.

Picked up Sparkster and Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair at a retro game convention in the Netherlands yesterday. (Cross post from the Mega Drive appreciation thread)

And finally got Aleste and Champion Takahashi's Adventure Island. Aleste is missing the manual and the box is not in top shape (the cart is though), but I got it for a very good price compared to what some eBayers would want to get for it. Adventure Island came with a figurine of the protagonist. Not sure if all copies come with them, so could be an uncommon copy.

vjTvfIT.jpg

WJeWUBG.jpg

Z3unNjz.jpg

Zmf7oj0.jpg

Where can I order this beauty?

I used Amazon Japan - they ship to the UK, accept non-domestic credit cards (with some exceptions) and there is an English language option to navigate should your Japanese not be all that hot. It's pretty straightforward, in fact it isn't all that different from just using your local Amazon storefront. Here's the item page to get you started.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Late October - early November pickups:

Cheap Chibi-Robo! Park Patrol and Resident Evil "Revelaitons"
Also received the £30 Special Edition of Bayo 2 from Amazon UK, next to the FPE I got in earlier.

Picked up Sparkster and Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair at a retro game convention in the Netherlands yesterday. (Cross post from the Mega Drive appreciation thread)

And finally got Aleste and Champion Takahashi's Adventure Island. Aleste is missing the manual and the box is not in top shape (the cart is though), but I got it for a very good price compared to what some eBayers would want to get for it. Adventure Island came with a figurine of the protagonist. Not sure if all copies come with them, so could be an uncommon copy.
]

that master higgins figure is really rad

Bayonetta 2 made me thirsty.

8LKNwm7.jpg

I think I'll be picking up the PS2 versions of DMC1 and DMC3 though (NTSC-J probably) because it feels a little off on PS3.

You got the base version of Gaiden 3... Razors Edge man, RE!

That said, its a better game than people think. I enjoyed it at least.

that master higgins figure is really rad

I never realised he was called Master Higgins in English. :)
The character was named after a former executive of Hudson, named Takahashi. Thus the name in Japanese: Takahashi Meijin

There is a mechanism in the skateboard, btw, that allows it to automatically move forward for a bit. (Not sure what the right term for that type of thing is in English.)

You got the base version of Gaiden 3... Razors Edge man, RE!

That said, its a better game than people think. I enjoyed it at least.

Eh, got it in the 3 for £10 at GAME along with Child of Eden and NG Sigma 2. I'll keep it in mind, though I hear people aren't so fond of it.

My only NG experience was on the OG Xbox and I loved it. Repurchased the game and hardware recently just to play it.

Only a few video games in my pickups for October, but we've got some really big heavy hitter new games. Sunset Overdrive and Smash for 3DS are probably my most anticipated games of the year so far, and Forza Horizon 2 has also been a wonderful treat! I'm also getting a pretty impressive DS collection together. Goodness, there's a huge, eclectic amount of great games for that system!

JuYImdE.jpg

ShadiWulf

Been wanting a white 3DS for a while now. I know the New 3DS is right around the corner, but I have a big backlog of 3DS games to play, so I don't plan on buying a new 3DS anytime soon. Now I'm set for Project Mirai and all the awesome SEGA 3D Classics I've been missing out on. Not to mention $140 is a really good price. The XL is much nicer to hold and I really enjoy how clean the white looks. Happy to have a 3DS that won't cramp my hands. Another reason I went for the current XL is I wanted it now, didn't want to wait till whenever in 2015. Got games I need to play.

Sorry for the not great quality pics. I don't have a good camera, just my phone, and I don't have any good areas to take a picture either.

Refurbished from Nintendo. Minor scuff mark on the X button and the display bezel doesn't seem to be aligned perfectly but I don't care. I'll take those defects over dead pixels. Other than those minor issues it feels like new. I'm really happy with it. Oh and a small scratch on the cover i just noticed, not a big deal though.

Of course it had to come on a day while the Nintendo Network is down for maintenance. So been playing Rhythm Thief as I wait to transfer my account over.

dodgeme

Got this lot in from ebay just today. Was very poorly listed and I really only bought it for Budokai Tenkaichi 3, but it only cost me $75 for everything. Keeping the Fat PS2 and the 3 games on top of the stack, the rest is going to ebay with my PS2 slim and some other spare games I had lying around. Should be able to recoup most of the costs.

Did pretty well staying at my $350 budget while in Japan. If you are willing to look and go through amazon JP you can still find good deals.

Also a few games arrived while I was gone including the Bare Knuckle 3 repro:

BFIB

Told myself, 2 console limit this gen. Well, thanks to the insane trade offer for the PS3 at Best Buy and the bundle deals, I have all 3. Damn this lovable hobby!

7B48CBDF-9267-4DB7-B7E1-93C990C9B4A7_zpsmyaqaamm.jpg

Armaly

Finally decided to replace my keyboard and mouse. My { and } keys were broke so it became a pain to program and I always missed having forward and back buttons on a mouse. Decided to splurge on myself.

sfhMTxn.jpg

Omega

Banned
Finally decided to replace my keyboard and mouse. My { and } keys were broke so it became a pain to program and I always missed having forward and back buttons on a mouse. Decided to splurge on myself.

Been a good couple of weeks.
just thought you two should know that the Corsair software is absolute garbage right now and the K70s have issues.

If you're lucky and everything works properly, save the profile to the keyboard and never use the software again.

JEKKI

10802449_380909162071029_345439003_n.jpg

I got the guidebook to Bayonetta 2 instead of getting the actual Bayonetta 2 becoz

1. the first guidebook was awesome

2. I dont fucks with that babies Nintendo shyt.

3. why the fukk would I even play a game anymore?

IMO it's not about games, it's about ethics.

Ban Puncher

just thought you two should know that the Corsair software is absolute garbage right now and the K70s have issues.

If you're lucky and everything works properly, save the profile to the keyboard and never use the software again.

I went through four or five K70s late last year/early this year due to failing blue LEDs before throwing my hands up in the air and getting a refund. The K70 RGB has outlived more than half of them so far so fingers crossed Corsair ironed out all the hardware bugs.

The initial software was absolute rubbish, buggy and always crashing. The update put out last week seems to be working so far though.

Top Bottom