• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!!

Zertez

Also bought this pull-up bar from Amazon when buying the watch, thanks to a thread on here:

Was very easy to put together and works perfectly. Very happy with both of these purchases.
The pull up bars are great for the price. Ive used mine for years and eventually I had to replace it due to the handle material wearing out. Be careful if you use them in cheap apartments. Some cheap apartments are thrown together without much care about safety. The door frames will not be installed properly. They use short nails instead of the proper nails to anchor them. You will tear off the molding and it the ground hard. Be sure to test half of your weight on them before you use them to work out normally.

Outside being an Asus what model is this? I want a small cheap PC but don't want a Chromebox.

Not too sure, but that Asus looks very much like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VivoPC-VM40B-02-ASUS-Desktop/dp/B00KU54KPQ/ref=zg_bs_565098_5

And it runs Windows 8.1, not Chrome OS.

If I'm right and this is the same model the other dude posted, this is the #5 best selling PC on Amazon's site and the best selling small-form factor Windows PC. #1 is another Asus cube, but on Chrome OS http://www.amazon.com/Asus-CHROMEBOX-M004U-ASUS-Desktop/dp/B00IT1WJZQ/ref=zg_bs_565098_1.
~$80 difference between the two.

plc268

I've had the monitor for a few weeks. It's a 34 inch ultrawide LCD... LG 34UM94. Gorgeous display. Excuse the cable clutter. I'm getting a new desk soon, and I mounted the monitor quick and dirty and left all the cables out.

15116721864_0b4644f392_h.jpg

And this just arrived today. A Ducky Shine 3 TKL with Cherry MX Brown switches. Replaces my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (2014) keyboard.

15712961196_eb3754510b_h.jpg

Apath

The pull up bars are great for the price. Ive used mine for years and eventually I had to replace it due to the handle material wearing out. Be careful if you use them in cheap apartments. Some cheap apartments are thrown together without much care about safety. The door frames will not be installed properly. They use short nails instead of the proper nails to anchor them. You will tear off the molding and it the ground hard. Be sure to test half of your weight on them before you use them to work out normally.
I own the property, so I'm really hoping the renovations done by the previous owner were a quality job hahaha. I've done about ten different sets utilizing every part of the bar, and so far the frame looks fine. I also tested it pretty thoroughly before first using it, as I didn't really trust the bar or my assembly job.

Worst comes to worse, I break the frame, hurt myself, and get to re-install the frame with a more quality job.

Zertez

I own the property, so I'm really hoping the renovations done by the previous owner were a quality job hahaha. I've done about ten different sets utilizing every part of the bar, and so far the frame looks fine. I also tested it pretty thoroughly before first using it, as I didn't really trust the bar or my assembly job.

Worst comes to worse, I break the frame, hurt myself, and get to re-install the frame with a more quality job.
If you have already done 10 sets without hearing any major noise, you should be fine. The first set I did there was a slight cracking sound that scared me a little, but it has been solid since. It doesnt seem like it should hold my weight(165), but it does easily as long as I have it positioned evenly. The bar that rests above the frame on the drywall can leave a mark on the paint, so you may have to repaint the area time to time. It is worth it for having a cheap and effective pull up bar you can use almost anywhere.

ZoHH8QY.jpg

Picked this up today and very very excited to play this.

The demo was amazing!!!!!

The king has return

OqzpNDc.jpg

Picked up a base iMac with retina 5K display at apple store this week.

Upgraded ram to 32GB (Not through apple)

Outside being an Asus what model is this? I want a small cheap PC but don't want a Chromebox.

It's Vivopc-VM40B-2. It runs on Celeron 1007U, 4GB ram, 500GB 5400 rpm HDD and Window 8.1 What surprising is that it comes with with 801.11ac WiFi, which makes streaming very solid. Asus should market the shit out of this kind of product. It should be great fit for office PC in any organization.

Picked up some cool Vita stuff the past couple weeks...

6akyQ0k.jpg

Got the PSTV and the Assassin's Creed white OLED Vita for $235CDN for both, from a non-gamer private seller who won them in an office draw, unused/unopened/new... Lucky lucky me! Finally grabbed Borderlands and Deception IV, and Senran Kagura is way more fun than I thought it would be (I was seduced by the special edition package)!! And I'm finishing FFX this week, so I decided to grab the HD guide reprint for the X-2 stuff before it fades from memory and store shelves (I still have my old PS2 FFX Brady guide)...

The white OLED Vita is something I've wanted for a while, but I couldn't justify buying another one at full price just for the colour... Definitely wanted a new backup OLED Vita before they're gone forever too... At this price, I just couldn't pass it up!

Canucked

My November buys so far.
FRuWAj0l.jpg

These are my october books that I have put on the shelves yet. Sorry it's not the right month :( I got no games in October.
gUgIVZtl.jpg

BOTEC

These were a total impulse purchase last weekend. Not really sure why I did that, it's not like I don't have enough video games to play.

rqYluHB.jpg

I'll probably put a few hours into each and shelve them, like all of Kawazu's games. I certainly appreciate the man's style, but maybe not always his execution.

SW20

Cheap HDMI Switcher

Ridge Racer (Long Box)

Arkham Origins Guide

X1 Headset Wireless Adapter

Gold Wireless Headset (White Version)

White X1

The_Monk

With days getting colder and shorter around here, it's the perfect fit for some comfy crime solving with Sherlock Holmes. :)

XoA03hLl.jpg

Decider

pceworks-small_zpsa6e8e165.jpg

Time to get my Super CDROM2 unit out of storage...

keno-small_zps0226a636.jpg

Also dipping into the worlds of WARP and Kenji Eno for the first time.

Anion

Picked up this controller after getting $16 off at the Microsoft store ($6 from student discount and $10 from rewards)
Best thing is that it originally was the same price as the regular controller, except this one comes with a 9 foot cable

Ultima_5

My November buys so far.
http://i.imgur.com/FRuWAj0l.jpG]

These are my october books that I have put on the shelves yet. Sorry it's not the right month :( I got no games in October.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gUgIVZtl.jpg

holy shit dude. those omnibuses must have set you back quite a bit. lucky ebay finds or didya find them locally?

Asparagus

Got some new OSTs. R4 doesn't look quite as good when the spine card isn't attached but that's OK.

jGgWOaz.jpg

And a few games. I never got round to playing R: Racing so looking forward to giving it a go (once I track down a wavebird). I've been waiting for more of Inio Asano's work to get translated so grabbed Nijigahara Holograph when I saw it the other day.

lsVyBsy.jpg

Picked up this controller after getting $16 off at the Microsoft store ($6 from student discount and $10 from rewards)

Best thing is that it originally was the same price as the regular controller, except this one comes with a 9 foot cable

Does it work normally on an XB1? Seems silly to buy the standard controller when you could get the cable with this one for the same price...

Almost forgot to post my pickup of the month!

It's the 2014 Craft Beer Importers Craft Beer Advent Calendar! I missed it last year because it sold out so fast, but I was not to be defeated this year. Now I have to hold out until December to start opening these things.

10612975_10152824676460242_194318077628918628_n.jpg

10430052_10152824676490242_3663806917534043906_n.jpg

Where can you trade in the non-working PS3? MS store requires it to function, right?

I traded in my 360 to a MS store and they didn't even check it. It's supposed to be in working condition for them to take it but as far as what you'd get away with, it's probably a YMMV situation.

My pickups from Target's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale yesterday. Alien was a substitute for the Evil Within, which I was truly surprised to see they didn't have in stock, for PS4 or Xbox One.

cm7EGH7.jpg

zmet

Wii U Game Pad High Capacity Battery

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Collective Works

Great book! The interviews section is my favorite part of the book.

An American Werewolf in London and Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition

Top Bottom