• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

They need to make race specific gear. Like, having Mauuals Mashers drop, I kinda wish there was a full Cabal set. Even if it was class specific(Like...Hunter-Fallen set, Warlock-Hive set, Titan-Cabal set). They need to go down that path. They have the right idea so far with the singular pieces(Draksis drops hunter cape, Psion drops.............Hunter cape, Mau'ual drops Titan Gauntles), they need to make full sets.

I think it'd be pretty cool. With the infusion system you can choose to make your own set this way, and if you really want a Cabal set then you can keep and upgrade it.

YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT PATH BUNGIE.

DeaDPo0L84

Yeah you messaged me earlier, then didn't get back to me! We ended up killing him 3x today as various people I knew got on. If you need help, I'd be willing to whenever I'm on and not terribly preoccupied.

Yea I apologize for that. I thought I had the time and then a buddy got on and then my whole plan of completing the raid kinda got thrown out the window. I should be on in the next few minutes if you feel thats a good time for you and the rest of the squad.

rc213

Ha Touch of Malice 310 light get!!!

Used of 3 Coins and got a primary exotic... Jade Rabbit boo... 310 light yay! Infuse fodder!!!

So after an hr running in circles at the rocket yard I have 1 rare material and a whopping 8% arc kills. Who the hell thought these rates were okay?

You're doing it wrong. I hope I can help out. Here's my post from awhile ago.

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.

It's never taken me longer than 40 mintues to finish the planetary materials portion of the quest. I've done both Mars and Earth now. For Earth, go between The Steppes and Mothyards.

For ability kills, go to the 'We've woken the hive!' mission and farm. Takes about 30 minutes. Bring Bad Juju. Warlock is best for all elements.

Most efficient material farming is: find a node close to another area. Pick it up. Leave the area before the node disappears (you'll probably have to jump on your sparrow). Come back and the node will be there again. Repeat until your brain can't take it anymore.

Strider

This is basically what it looks like everytime I solo Q in crucible.

VpQp1cY.png

Bungie please.

oSoLucky

Yea I apologize for that. I thought I had the time and then a buddy got on and then my whole plan of completing the raid kinda got thrown out the window. I should be on in the next few minutes if you feel thats a good time for you and the rest of the squad.

It's all good. Everyone has split for the day. It's getting a little late but if you find a group tomorrow or next week I'll be down to help.

darthbob

Just found out that you can complete the 25 Sword Kills in the Crucible by bludgeoning skulls in with just the pommel, no heavy ammo required.

Could grind this out tonight, I suppose.

Nicodemic

If anybody could help with Fear's Embrace normal, would be appreciated. Really can't do it alone... :-( Thanks

Edit: psn: Nicodemic

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A little over 2 hours raid with a lot of goofs. Not bad. We can get it to an hour and a half easily. Touch of Malice is mine. Just need to do the last quest.

maomaoIYP

Just found out that you can complete the 25 Sword Kills in the Crucible by bludgeoning skulls in with just the pommel, no heavy ammo required.

In this hilarious rumble match, everyone in the game was somehow trying to do this. They weren't partied up too. I just stood at the hot area and they made a beeline towards me. I took out a shotgun and laughed myself silly.
s3HM9AL.png

border

My campaign is kind of at a standstill. I beat the main Story mode, moved on to The Taken War. I've done all the mission quests and all I'm left with is stuff like Kill 3 Named Taken Champions on Earth and the Petra bounties. I've done the Strike quests up-to and through the Nightfall. What do I have to do to progress the quest chains?

nbraun80

Please do it in rumble and not in my control matches. Played two matches earlier of control with two idiots on my team flailing around with their ammoless swords not capping points, so frustrating.

Please do it in rumble and not in my control matches. Played two matches earlier of control with two idiots on my team flailing around with their ammoless swords not capping points, so frustrating.

Blame bungie for putting the most atrocious elements of year 1 all into one disgusting package in this sword bounty.

Gav47

It really feels like they've removed all the interesting exotics, the year one exotics they brought over are boring, they're good weapons but they don't really feel exotic. Weapons like the Pocket infinity, Ice breaker and Thorn felt like nothing else in the game.

I get the feeling they just couldn't be bothered trying to balance the exotics left behind and just drew a line under the idea of what they wanted exotics to be in year one.

Top Bottom