• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

tiprun

First pick up of the month, bit late to the game on this one!

rsz_unnamed.jpg

Gameboy415

Some of this is from the last week or two of March:

xVKkcSrl.jpg

-The Godzilla 2014 mini-figures are a bit disappointing but the Godzilla 2000 figure is incredible!

scson3kl.jpg

-I got a boxed copy of TMNT Tournament Fighters to replace my loose childhood copy and grabbed 3 more classic Nintendo comics on eBay - just a few more to go for the full run! :)

ra7cd5Vl.jpg

-I'm SO happy The Chipmunk Adventure came out on Blu-Ray - it's one of my all-time favorites! I got the Puppet Master 3-pack for $12 on Amazon too, can't beat that! (TMNT Forever is the same copy as the previous pic)

tB8W8x9l.jpg

-The first pair of MANY Kaiju movies I have pre-ordered showed up, nabbed the LE versions of the 2 Gurren Lagann movies on eBay for a great price, and miraculously got the Doctor Who Blu-Ray set when Amazon randomly had some in-stock earlier this week! :D

MauroNL

oh that is a HOT phone!

I'm very heavily leaning towards upgrading to an HTC One this year. How are you liking it so far?
I hate iphones (had one for 3 years) and I'm over my Samsung Galaxy note 2 (Samsung has poor build quality/screen)
I'm really digging it, the build quality is amazing, very sturdy and clean looking. It's also really really fast, and thats coming from a One X+ model which is already a quadcore device. I would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade, its seriously the best phone on the market right now.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm really digging it, the build quality is amazing, very sturdy and clean looking. It's also really really fast, and thats coming from a One X+ model which is already a quadcore device. I would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade, its seriously the best phone on the market right now.

thanks for the feedback! Unless some other game-changing device comes out from nowhere before December, this is what I'll upgrade to at the end of the year :)

Eiolon

Well, you don't hear this too often folks but I am converting from PC gaming to console gaming. The last console I owned was the Dreamcast. After it's demise I found comfort in the PC world, mainly playing D2 and WoW. Now that my son is 6 it's time to explore the world of Nintendo again. I sold my PC and monitors and picked this up. Zelda and Mario 3D World are on the way too. He's psyched for Mario Kart 8 the most.

Picked up a new laptop backpack after my previous one got stolen out of my car last week (luckily all it had was my lunchbag and a few minor things). It's a Fjällräven Kånken 17-inch laptop bag in forest green:
77b7aec9c1b6ea0fcc97f3534414f0be_zpsbd1a66c9.jpg

...That said, one of the minor things was a LEGO hedgehog keychain that I had clipped onto the previous bag. So, I decided to buy another one because I missed it:
9cc69ffbeee5e451603f9c91fd0569eb_zps9a668b73.jpg

Finally, because it's double points at the LEGO store for VIP members, I picked up a small set for my desk at work:
96E44C33-0292-4B51-A462-E105F5B43568_zpsqefdhzop.jpg

Nisa65

Spent the first half of my spring break wandering around Tokyo so wound up spending more money on shite than I probably should have.

Miku F 2nd. Bastards at Sofmap didn't give me one of the tote bags.

Picked this up for my trip to Tokyo Dome to see the Giants vs Tigers game.

CDs from the massive Tower Records in Shibuya.

Blurays sent from back home by my folks and a copy of MGS: Glorified Demo .

Light up chopsticks from the Kotobikuya store in Akihabara.

Ticket for Carcass in Osaka during Golden Week.

And finally after 3 years in Japan I ditched my shitty old regular phone for an iPhone 5s.

Zalman

Well, you don't hear this too often folks but I am converting from PC gaming to console gaming. The last console I owned was the Dreamcast. After it's demise I found comfort in the PC world, mainly playing D2 and WoW. Now that my son is 6 it's time to explore the world of Nintendo again. I sold my PC and monitors and picked this up. Zelda and Mario 3D World are on the way too. He's psyched for Mario Kart 8 the most.
Be sure to try out the many Wii gems you've probably missed too!

dab0ne

Here are a few things I got a couple days ago while traveling to Scotland:

clap traps that will go with my blue one. Don't have yellow too expensive :(

Also got these four Nirvana vinyls, still factory sealed, from a local record store in Edinburgh, Scotland. All are original UK presses except Bleach which is a 1992 re-run.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Picked these up at a local laptop repair shop that just started dealing in retro games. Thunder force 2, cyborg justice and super tennis. Pretty decent for $15.
yU5BctUl.jpg

Blowdrum

Neo Member
Only gaming pick up was Infamous: Second Son. It's more of a book month for me. Got both The Walking Dead Compendiums after the season finale, and I must say I'm digging them a lot. I had read the first two GoT books after a friend lent them to me, and I decided to to get a box set with all of them in preparation of Season 4 as well.
3YkrMuVl.jpg

Finally decided to upgrade my trusty iPad Mini to a Mini Retina model. Went up from 16GB to 32GB as I was always wanting for more space... now I have it!

ixKQw2NgsnMsK.jpg

Squarepusher x Z-Machines - Music For Robots EP. Squarepusher and Japanese roboticists produce beautiful music together. There is a video of the robots in action here - it's fascinating viewing.

ibt29bkipp9PZ8.jpg

MrMooMoo

Haven't done of these in a while..

MOBdEf7.jpg

But got Steins;Gate today so why not. Its a pretty tall box.

9eqjWVU.jpg

Pretty nice pins.
MjZHV9Z.jpg

M50s are quite nice.
dIW1Pdu.jpg

Got this a couple months ago, was a fun game.

Installed headers and catback on the impreza.

Very happy with this purchase. What a sexy piece of hardware, HTC have really outdone its self this year.

10011337_10203672864965102_810880092_n.jpg

I had all the HTC EVOs on Sprint, but switched to a S3 on Verizon. I'm trying to decide whether to use my upgrade for the M8 or the S5, though I'm leaning towards the S5.

TxdoHawk

Gift from the GF, who won a big fat Best Buy gift card at her job and didn't want it. Hellooooooo Amazon credit.

QQPmVK1.jpg

I had all the HTC EVOs on Sprint, but switched to a S3 on Verizon. I'm trying to decide whether to use my upgrade for the M8 or the S5, though I'm leaning towards the S5.
I'd wait a week, personally. S5 reviews will be out on launch day, at the latest.

ngower

Picked up a new laptop backpack after my previous one got stolen out of my car last week (luckily all it had was my lunchbag and a few minor things). It's a Fjällräven Kånken 17-inch laptop bag in forest green:
77b7aec9c1b6ea0fcc97f3534414f0be_zpsbd1a66c9.jpg
]

I've got the same exact bag—color and all. The zipper on my front, small pouch broke off. To be honest, the zippers are kinda cheap and some threads on the inside can come loose and get jammed. Be warned!

It's a beautiful bag, though, so I still haven't bought a new one.

I love the new away jersey. These colors don't run, baby!

I do too and yep! Game versus Mexico did show both good and the bad regarding the team, but I'm hoping we can definitely get it together before the WC.

I've got the same exact bag—color and all. The zipper on my front, small pouch broke off. To be honest, the zippers are kinda cheap and some threads on the inside can come loose and get jammed. Be warned!

It's a beautiful bag, though, so I still haven't bought a new one.

That sucks about your zipper breaking and thanks for the info. I have a regular (non-laptop version) kånken as well and it's served me well for a couple of years now so I'll attest to the zippers feeling a bit cheap. But, I have solved at least the zipper problem for a bit:
7eea00056e9b63fca5e72f52b5a0f3b4_zps9ef9c069.jpg

...Anyways, here are some pick-up for today:

Some Quest bars. Got a 5k tomorrow morning so I wanted to see if the bars live up to the hype. Just picked up a few:
4f49e393d87a63d06c99020c456173cf_zps106a26cf.jpg

And a new case for my Pikachu 3DS XL...
6445dbee9e389b844c677d45c8c32f50_zps5d3f809c.jpg

f800a6dd47d264c27f3c52d585bbc084_zpsa9064f92.jpg

b66573e19e04e243059f0d1c101ee732_zps05898b2e.jpg

On the system:
5f9a0111b75e71bffc7924662398a914_zps2bfab97a.jpg

iamjohn

Gift from the GF, who won a big fat Best Buy gift card at her job and didn't want it. Hellooooooo Amazon credit.

QQPmVK1.jpg

I'd wait a week, personally. S5 reviews will be out on launch day, at the latest.

The best thing about Amazon gift cards is fantazing what to buy with all that credit. Enjoy.

Asparagus

xvoRovG.png

Now that I have a Vita I gotta keep it protected. It was a bit pricey but I bought one of these for my 3DS XL a while back and man, that quality.

That is fucking cool. International shipping's gona hurt but this is exactly what I've been looking for.

I got a new cell phone.

jbyNuiVDbtqrHI.jpg

That is an awesome color of choice. It is sad that these don't show up in North America.

Dell UP3214Q.

pjC.png

Impressions please and how much did you end up paying for that mighty monitor?

Custom Made Resin Iron Man Helmet 1:1 life size

13334476185_85a9038c16_c.jpg

13334503495_440610a833_c.jpg

Custom Made Iron Man Arc Reactor Mark I
13334846564_a0dea090f3_c.jpg

Mjonir thor Hammer Movie replica 1:1 Life Size

13334423345_79ae7697f7_c.jpg

13334405945_ffdfe975f8_c.jpg

13334367445_fa2a13a3f4_c.jpg

I had multiple orgasms, they look stunning.

Got this right on the first. Very impressed by HTC's work this year. Solid phone so far.

Very happy with this purchase. What a sexy piece of hardware, HTC have really outdone its self this year.

10011337_10203672864965102_810880092_n.jpg

I want to upgrade from my G2, bored of the design and I'm leaning towards either the HTC One or the Xperia Z2. Both are well designed phones, the HTC M8 especially but I'm not a big fan of the camera which I happened to use a lot.

Still can't decide between the M8 and Z2.

Chorazin

Yucdzx0.jpg

Maketoys Trash-Talk (super totally not Swerve) and Cogwheel (he's definitely not Gears no way) came in last week and they're freaking fantastic. Also got the My First Blaster kit for Trash-Talk (any similarity to Swerve is totally a coincidence)

CIC8Xjr.jpg

Got these today from my GF for our Anniversary! The hardcover Last Stand of the Wreckers trade and a new bite valve for my hiking hydration system. :D

mmitt

My iPad 3 broke, but because I wasn't really that invested in the iOS ecosystem:

Cw6Alpm.jpg

amazing how thin and light that thing is, I love it

Top Bottom