• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Loakum

Banned
lUTvABCl.jpg

nBgpozKl.jpg

I'm in Japan until Monday morning, these were the pickups in Osaka:

SF6AjkA.jpg

I'm now in Tokyo, but the only things I've bought here so far are craft beer and clothes. Games and stuff probably tomorrow.

Deefuzz

Thank you. I have a thing for iPad accessories and own way more than I ever use; I'm surprised I never heard of Feruto Bags before.

Yep that's it! Someone had posted one on MacRumors that was similar and had a link to their Etsy store. I fell in love with this design/color combo and ordered right away. You can order for use with smart cover or without.

Gamble

Smashed my old Nexus 4 on the parking lot floor so picked up a Nexus 5.

Got it in Red.

NNDT5il.jpg

ALR0qXV.jpg

kmRxHEk.jpg

Nice!, wish they had the red in stock when I ordered my phone earlier this year :-( and btw was the smashing accidental or done in angry rage?

Doombear

Probably my favorite pick up of the month, but have some Blu Rays I will share once I finish my custom covers for them, as well as a picture of these little ladies out of their plastic confines with the others.

Google

Nice!, wish they had the red in stock when I ordered my phone earlier this year :-( and btw was the smashing accidental or done in angry rage?

Nah, it was completely accidental.

I dont look after my phones at all and I hate buying covers/protectors for them because I think they really take away from the design/use of the phone.

So after a few months my phones are usually scratched to hell (because I just dump it in my bag/pockets without thinking).

This particular incident was caused by trying to answer a call from my wife as I was getting out of the car and pulling my jacket out (which held my phone) and the phone slipping out of the pocket and onto the carpark.

Smashed instantly.

Gamble

Nah, it was completely accidental.

I dont look after my phones at all and I hate buying covers/protectors for them because I think they really take away from the design/use of the phone.

So after a few months my phones are usually scratched to hell (because I just dump it in my bag/pockets without thinking).

This particular incident was caused by trying to answer a call from my wife as I was getting out of the car and pulling my jacket out (which held my phone) and the phone slipping out of the pocket and onto the carpark.

Smashed instantly.

*ouch* I'm the same way I haven't used a case/cover for a cell phone in years, which is what resulted in my damamging my S4 and getting the Nexus 5 as a replacement. I haven't invested in a case in many years because I like to appreciate the design and body style of my phones.

Google

*ouch* I'm the same way I haven't used a case/cover for a cell phone in years, which is what resulted in my damamging my S4 and getting the Nexus 5 as a replacement. I haven't invested in a case in many years because I like to appreciate the design and body style of my phones.

I spent some money on a few cases this time around to see if I like them any better.

We'll see. I find the $40 plastic case does nothing to enhance the $400+ phone so I never keep them on long enough.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Huge WBShop haul! Since they allowed two coupons to accidentally stack for a while ($20 off $100 and 20% off total order), I got the following for well under $70!

0J5Db0k.png

They even came with slipcovers! SO HAPPY. -sniff-

Also picked up good ol' Freelance Police for $6 "used" on Amazon.
And by used, they meant brand new. It was sealed and came with that awesome badge sticker I've always wanted!
7rya3MR.png

zYAR0wX.png

Google

OK - so second phone of the week:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (4G version imported from Europe). The box looked a slightly bit damaged and it had been opened. I was a little worried but found a note inside from Amazon stating that they open all boxes to check voltages, chargers, etc. Which is good of them.
VtRWgI1.jpg

It's charging right now - havent turned it on yet.
cS13EZC.jpg

I much preferred The Hobbit: 2 to the first. It felt a lot more...fun. So I picked up the 3D version. Why is it on two discs?
ubkx9vG.jpg

Last week I had a need to watch Dumb and Dumber. It wasnt on Netflix so I had to do some searching. $5 from Amazon.
VB42ZYE.jpg

Bk0dEkwIgAEi_96.jpg

Friend sold me his PSP-3000 and games for $100.

Got some more games for my Nintendo collection.

That's about it.

Oh and heart shaped strawberry Pocky is awesome.

HardRojo

Bigger month than usual, I finally got my PS4 and just in time for Second Son! Haven't played too much since I haven't had the time but I'll try on Friday, the weekend will be impossible since we'll have Chris G over in Lima for a videogame event so I won't be home at all.
What actually pushed me to get the PS4 was Arkham Knight, I wanted to play Second Son but wasn't that eager, then news about AK came around and I just had to secure a PS4, it's even better now that TLoU PS4 is official, can't wait to grab it as soon as it hits shelves.

Also got some figures from D-Arts and Figuarts Zero, DBZ is one of my favorite series of all time so getting these amazing statues is a no brainer for me.

For some reason my Black Zero doesn't like showing his eyes :/ His helmet is too down on his face, I might get a new one and sell the one I got.

Sigma statue.

Other M Samus Aran from figma.

And last but not least... a new phone! I've been using my workphone for the last 6 months since I lost my own and didn't feel like getting a new one, friends kept talking me into one and I grabbed this one for a good price locally, still getting used to it but I'm getting there.

Shengar

Probably my favorite pick up of the month, but have some Blu Rays I will share once I finish my custom covers for them, as well as a picture of these little ladies out of their plastic confines with the others.

Damned! This picked-up remind of Berioth X nendoroid near my place, which I didn't buy because I want to save some money :(

Faustek

Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2
Persona 3
Studio Ghibli movie collection DVD
Summer Wars blu ray
PSVITA

That was beautiful, picked up the DS European collectors editions again myself last month. The music cd is so awesome. Ghostlight must make the best Collectors Editions ever. Such a small company but shows so much love for us, the costumers.

I went to a game swap on Sunday. I may have gone a little crazy.

Ahq9dvP.jpg

There is no such thing as going overboard....well perhaps but this one doesn't count.

My own purchases. Albeit FFX was last month I didn't have time to pick them up from the post office until last week :)

VWItC5b.jpg

PS. Never ever sell your gaming collection ever, it costs so much more to, in both time and money to buy them again.

EDIT: Just the games I bought...the stuff around is just me being lazy and using my table as a hub for stuff...

Pretty cool haul for me this month!

CRHqJbU.jpg

I am going on a much needed vacation to Dubai next week so I bought myself:

• Beats Studio headphones for the plane
    An IPad mini
    Ys and Tearaway for holiday gaming

Dark Souls 2 because I needed my fix
The Infamous: Second Son media kit for review purposes. Sony are awesome for their media kits

deroli

Very cool! Where do you get something like that board? I've only ever seen plain old white ones, and those are boring!

I bought it from a german website: http://www.raum-blick.de/glas-magnettafel/Glas-Magnetwand--MAX---50x30-cm--gruen.html
It's a glass-board behind a steel sheet, so (strong) magnets stick to it, too. Took me a while to find the perfect size. Other sites only offer bigger boards, but 30x50 should be perfect to write down some quick notes or a short list.

pr0cs

Finally moving on in life, got rid of my old vehicle that was my soon to be divorced ex's and bought something new. I'm 41 and this is *my* first new car. (all the new cars I've ever owned were always driven by my ex)
Needed something roomy yet still with enough jam to pull my boat out of the water.

Shady859

Rebought NBA today that I sold back in January. Had to get these 2014/15 draft classes going with my UK fellas!

Nabbed these Best Buy, Newegg and Gamefly deals this week:

R.I.P. NCAA games, couldn't resist it and Blacklist for $25 after coupons. All hail roster makers to keep college games alive.

Finally moving on in life, got rid of my old vehicle that was my soon to be divorced ex's and bought something new. I'm 41 and this is *my* first new car. (all the new cars I've ever owned were always driven by my ex)
Needed something roomy yet still with enough jam to pull my boat out of the water.

Nice truck man, enjoy it!

Shady859

Good for you man and I like the color! Everyone says you shouldn't buy new but damn it felt good when I did it.

Chromax

All these new phone pickups makes me really want to get another phone. Come on Z2, why are you not out in the US already! :(

Top Bottom