• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

This arrived in the mail today.
IMG_9392.jpg

The packaging was really tight and rather suspect, so it wasn't without injury.
IMG_9388.jpg

Bought DJ Hero(the whole package: Game and "controller") for Wii just for the hell of it. I hate all the dancefloor, techno and house scheisse but it was 9.99 so why not. At least Motörhead is also in.

fBzHF.jpg

@ austrians: Libro stores sell DJ Hero for 9.99 now nationwide. but only the Wii and PS3 versions. dunno why

Bought DJ Hero(the whole package: Game and "controller") for Wii just for the hell of it. I hate all the dancefloor, techno and house scheisse but it was 9.99 so why not. At least Motörhead is also in.

ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE

Also that Scot Pilgrim boxset is niceeee! Cant really justify buying them all again just because they look nicer like that haha

DSCF4858.jpg

Wanted to try something new to compare to my Seimitsu LS-32 sticks that feel a little loose to me , not Sanwa JLF loose but still .
I could do a spring mod but why not test some others also .

Bought LS-55 and LS-56 .
My opinion :
LS-55 much stiffer than LS-32 but big dead zone = not good at all
LS-56 much stiffer than LS-32 , very small dead zone = winner

My conclusion ,
LS-32 out and LS-56 in !

YES! Another LS-56 fan. =)

Her name is Maya. We rescued her from the Houston Humane Society. Originally we were going to get a different dog, but our dog Harley (the black lab in the last picture) tried to attack the dog. So they brought out Maya and they seem to get along. She's not even a year old, but they aren't really sure. She kind of has a respiratory problem. Anyways, she is a Siberian Husky & Labrador Retriever Mix. She's pretty quiet but very playful already too. My grandpa wanted to rescue a dog for Christmas so this was my gift to him.

Interesting, my dog looks very very similar, but when we rescued her we were told she's a whippet/german shephard mix. When she was young she really looked like a whippet.

This is her at 11 (she'll be 12 in a month).

n533454245_1009426_4704.jpg

n533454245_1009425_3573.jpg

Good luck with the her, dogs are awesomeness.

BOTEC

DSCF4858.jpg

Wanted to try something new to compare to my Seimitsu LS-32 sticks that feel a little loose to me , not Sanwa JLF loose but still .
I could do a spring mod but why not test some others also .

Bought LS-55 and LS-56 .
My opinion :
LS-55 much stiffer than LS-32 but big dead zone = not good at all
LS-56 much stiffer than LS-32 , very small dead zone = winner

My conclusion ,
LS-32 out and LS-56 in !

Excellent. Will pick one up for a future stick mod. <3 Seimitsu <3

Bought Harry Potter 1-6 on blu-ray. I now have all the steelbooks collected. Double dipped on Half-Blood Prince since my previous steelbook didn't match the set. The back for each one are awesome. Got it all for around $100 thanks to a sale at Future Shop.

QDBWT.jpg

zAILW.jpg

Also picked up Deathly Hallows Part 2 in November, Part 1 beside it for comparison.

EVWqN.jpg

TBO4e.jpg

]

ok, that's sweet

isny

napkin dispenser
Epic Mickey CE $19.99, Mario Galaxy $5

I'm very impressed with the statue from Epic Mickey. I was holding out on picking up the game for $10, but feel the statue is definitely worth the extra $10.

Xp1EOl.jpg

edit: This just came in too! Gundam Wing Remastered Box 1. Box 2 is on the way. This is the only way to get it remastered in English as it's only been sold remastered in the UK and Japan.

hE4r0l.jpg

edit: This just came in too! Gundam Wing Remastered Box 1. Box 2 is on the way. This is the only way to get it remastered in English as it's only been sold remastered in the UK and Japan.

hE4r0l.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy this from?

isny

napkin dispenser
If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy this from?

Amazon.co.uk

Part 1 was OOS for about a year, and the distributor told me it's OOP, but I signed up on Amazon to be notified if it ever came back in stock (which is did recently). Part 2 is available on Amazon or through any other UK retailer as it was printed later and was a higher quantity print.

2011decpickup01a.png

Had to go to Sweden on a business trip, so I got my copy of Gundam Extreme VS and 3000 Moonbucks PSN card shipped to where I'm working. My body is ready!

Jockel

Got a record player and some LPs with it
IMG_2074.jpg

A 24" 3D computer monitor
IMG_2073.jpg

Some posters (got the small ones quite some time ago, Ibara recently)
IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

And my R7 Dreamcast finally reached me! So happy! :3
IMG_2076.jpg

fogberto

Neo Member
Got a big haul to post!

MUYXtl.jpg

This is what my new room in my new house looks like. Or rather, what it looked like before I moved all my junk in there. It's the loft at the top of the house, and has some pretty crazy angles going on. The house was built about 100 years ago, so what do you expect? It's in the middle of town though, above a shop. I've always wanted to live above a shop... Anyway, the room is huge so I've now got a queen-sized bed, a couch, my computer desk, and a 40" TV in there, with loads of room to spare. There's also a walk-in wardrobe over on the left there.

YBLIxl.jpg

There's a view from my window on a crappy day.

EK5x2l.jpg

I've been attempting to collect free postcards from cafes around the place, to pretty up my walls.

8B7hSl.jpg

As evidenced here.

qmZsTl.jpg

Here's the old purchase. A new graphics card to play Skyrim and BF3 on.

lPIUMl.jpg

Ok back to the very recent purchases! A goat burger from the farmer's market just up the road from me, and my new 55" LED LCD TV! I got it pretty cheap since it's non-3D, and they had just replaced the model with a 3D version for about $600 more. Please excuse the dodgy furniture I have it on. Just moved in and having the TV was more important than having something nice for it to sit on :D

OwiKhl.jpg

I'm more excited about these than my TV. Saw them online a couple of weeks ago, and there was only one pair left which happened to be in my size. <3

Also, if anyone knows anything about those Riddler shoes, I'd be glad to hear about it. I could only find like two shops that sold them online, and the Converse website doesn't have anything about them o_O

Finally got it.

qMdxb.jpg

Pick-Up of the Year, without a doubt. Probably up there as a Pick-Up of All Time. Been saving up for it for a long time, gotta be at least 10 years.

At times it seemed like I'd never be able to get it.

But I kept saving. Worth it.

QF4aQ.jpg

Cr9yh.jpg

sFzRv.jpg

From one Eagle Scout to another, Congrats!

Loxley

Finally got it.

Pick-Up of the Year, without a doubt. Probably up there as a Pick-Up of All Time. Been saving up for it for a long time, gotta be at least 10 years.

At times it seemed like I'd never be able to get it.

But I kept saving. Worth it.

Cr9yh.jpg

sFzRv.jpg

Congrats man, it took me all 7 years to finally get my Eagle, but after 3/4's of the kids who joined my troop with me had dropped out by the end, it felt so good that I managed to pull through. Came into the troop with seven other kids my age, by the end there were only two of us. It's one of those accomplishments that unless you've gone through it, you really have no idea just how much freakin' work it is. By the way, hang on to that Eagle Scout not-credit card thing they give you, I guarantee if you ever come across another Eagle Scout in the wild they'll be carrying it too.

That said, fuck all of the Citizenship in the ______ badges and Communications...fuck'em all.

Spike

Epic Mickey CE $19.99, Mario Galaxy $5

I'm very impressed with the statue from Epic Mickey. I was holding out on picking up the game for $10, but feel the statue is definitely worth the extra $10.

Xp1EOl.jpg

Please post some pics of the statue.

Thoraxes

TRU B1G1 50% off finally let me get StarFox 3D.

Also got a case for my Kindle. I was taking it around ghetto-style in the OG box in my bag till I got the case. This new case was only $10 and is super nice.

gTamu.jpg

ZSFwJ.jpg

eXistor

Some stuffsies:

9QGUm.jpg

Also just bought To the Moon online, it's a great little interactive story presented in glorious 16-bit graphics. The music's pretty damn good as well. If you're a fan of melancholic games, check it out.

I hope it's okay to link to the site directly, I just want to support these guys.
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

I love when packages arrive that you didn't know were coming.

This showed up in the mail today:

Fgorq.jpg

Apparently I was matched up on Goozex for it...but I somehow missed the e-mail saying that it was on its way. Awesome.

What's hilarious is that I bought a copy of Gran Turismo 2 from EB Games back in like....2002 because I was planning on picking up a Bleemcast disc, but I never got around to it.

Here it is, a decade later, and I can finally break the seal on that GT2 box.

jcutner

Fgorq.jpg

Apparently I was matched up on Goozex for it...but I somehow missed the e-mail saying that it was on its way. Awesome.

What's hilarious is that I bought a copy of Gran Turismo 2 from EB Games back in like....2002 because I was planning on picking up a Bleemcast disc, but I never got around to it.

oh wow, not only is it Bleem - but Bleem for Dreamcast. That's awesome!

isny

napkin dispenser

I actually traded my MGS one on Goozex earlier this year.

DC really feels like forever ago now, but it was so good <3

Top Bottom