• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

18-Volt

Games and some cheap blu-ray from amazon black friday deals:

rzJgv.jpg

0cmW0.jpg

Yes Boss!

^^^^^^Very nice!

Be sure to post a pic of it finished. Really regret not getting a big-build set this year. I should have done the Unimog.

NEO0MJ

Signed by Akira Yamaoka. Never played any of his games but as an appreciation since he's the first game developer to make a public appearance in my country
ymIk4.gif

I didn't know where to let him sign it lol, where do people usually sign?

Also dude looks swell in our get-up!
The guy next to him is a fellow gaffer btw :p

How can you mistake XII for XIII, lul? I bet the salesman was chuckling the whole time.
Also, I really need to keep track on local events. Was that an event for reporters or open convention?

Mista Koo

How can you mistake XII for XIII, lul? I bet the salesman was chuckling the whole time.
Also, I really need to keep track on local events. Was that an event for reporters or open convention?
I was like oh finally KOF 360 version and just didn't think about it :(

It was open. I told Jinfash but I didn't know you, sorry.

JackEtc

Finally got it.

qMdxb.jpg

Pick-Up of the Year, without a doubt. Probably up there as a Pick-Up of All Time. Been saving up for it for a long time, gotta be at least 10 years.

At times it seemed like I'd never be able to get it.

But I kept saving. Worth it.

QF4aQ.jpg

Cr9yh.jpg

sFzRv.jpg

Saroyan

Finally got it.

Pick-Up of the Year, without a doubt. Probably up there as a Pick-Up of All Time. Been saving up for it for a long time, gotta be at least 10 years.

Congratulations!
I'm an Eagle Scout myself, although I got mine around 17 years ago, yikes that makes me feel old...

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

• Anno 2070 (PCDL)
  • Darksiders (PCDL) (gift from The Cruncheons)
  • Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Saturn)
  • Gemini Rue (PCDL)
  • Last Bible III (SNES)
  • Limbo (PCDL)
  • Portal 2 (PCDL)
  • Runespell: Overture (PCDL)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
  • Terraria (PCDL)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP)
  • UFO Extraterrestrials: Gold Edition (PCDL)
  • Whispered World (PCDL)

Saroyan

Doubt it all you want, it happened. I live in Denver.

Well thats too bad that they were that way. I just have a hard time believing that a Boy Scout troop would be so closed minded, it doesn't follow with my experience. For me it was never much about religion and more about being with friends, getting to go camping, hiking etc. and learning life skills.

• Anno 2070 (PCDL)
  • Darksiders (PCDL) (gift from The Cruncheons)
  • Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Saturn)
  • Gemini Rue (PCDL)
  • Last Bible III (SNES)
  • Limbo (PCDL)
  • Portal 2 (PCDL)
  • Runespell: Overture (PCDL)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
  • Terraria (PCDL)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP)
  • UFO Extraterrestrials: Gold Edition (PCDL)
  • Whispered World (PCDL)
Hell of a game. Have you put much time into Gemini Rue? I'm curious about it.

Hell of a game. Have you put much time into Gemini Rue? I'm curious about it.
Nope, not yet. It was reasonably cheap during the Thanksgiving sale and I don't mind paying a little more than usual to support smaller developers. Beat Anno 2070 yesterday though. Hell of a game indeed.

sophora

This arrived just an hour ago:

EVH3jl.jpg

Action Portable Yellow Hornets Tomorrow Kings set from 3A Toys! Been playing with these little guys since they arrived :)

9VJDol.jpg

Ly6E9l.jpg

Just awesomeness~

Well that's a misnomer if I ever saw one.
How's the soundtrack?

Indeed and I still need to listen to the second disc (since I only bought the digital version that was available on PSN), but the first disc is lovely. I like U3's ost more than U2's - which is excellent.

Ha, I have that and the Phantasy Star Online one rolled up in my closet. Got them from Gamestop when I worked there... 10 years ago.

Was the Gamestop name used back then? I remember Funcoland and Babbage's, but not Gamestop. I certainly remember buying my copy of Shenmue at Babbage's.

DSCF4858.jpg

Wanted to try something new to compare to my Seimitsu LS-32 sticks that feel a little loose to me , not Sanwa JLF loose but still .
I could do a spring mod but why not test some others also .

Bought LS-55 and LS-56 .
My opinion :
LS-55 much stiffer than LS-32 but big dead zone = not good at all
LS-56 much stiffer than LS-32 , very small dead zone = winner

My conclusion ,
LS-32 out and LS-56 in !

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
They finally came! :D

6468789737_2ff99dd7a4_z.jpg

6468792791_37910c5cc6_z.jpg

Also grabbed a couple more $49 Blu Ray players while I was out of town. These make for wonderful Christmas gifts, I think. I happened to run into a Walmart that had like 100 of these just sitting on the shelf. Worst case scenario, I can return those I don't use.

6468795915_0fc7e6f9f6_z.jpg

Inside the bag are two of the deceptively-healthy sounding "oatmeal wheat germ chocolate chip cookies" from Specialtys. They're anything but healthy lol.

Anyways, only had to pay for one of them - the girl decided to toss in another because they were crumbly.

0c08536d.jpg

378382_10150393824076646_685251645_8854319_431390503_n.jpg
385409_10150393823686646_685251645_8854318_141891803_n.jpg

Club Nintendo Platinum Reward 2011 Pin Badge set arrived today, too bad some of the edges of the box were damaged -_-;

The big pickup of the year is this...

378614_10150393436076646_685251645_8853134_595843981_n.jpg

380377_10150393579646646_685251645_8853698_638196995_n.jpg

376329_10150393594466646_685251645_8853744_378962250_n.jpg

384156_10150393826156646_685251645_8854325_1552600545_n.jpg

Her name is Maya. We rescued her from the Houston Humane Society. Originally we were going to get a different dog, but our dog Harley (the black lab in the last picture) tried to attack the dog. So they brought out Maya and they seem to get along. She's not even a year old, but they aren't really sure. She kind of has a respiratory problem. Anyways, she is a Siberian Husky & Labrador Retriever Mix. She's pretty quiet but very playful already too. My grandpa wanted to rescue a dog for Christmas so this was my gift to him.

Smokey

New Case:

IMAG0307.jpg

H100 cooler to go in new case. Replaces my H70:

IMAG0306.jpg

Final product:

DSC_1778.jpg

Dem lights:

DSC_1789.jpg

Front of case:

DSC_1784.jpg

Need to do something about the cables in the back. There's also a 200m fan on the mesh of the side door. Haven't hooked that up yet.

Borman

Rescued a cat today :) He is about 2 years old, original name is K.T., but my fiance and I have settled on Sir Winston Zeddemore Churchill. A bit silly of a name, but Im okay with it. He is adjusted great surprisingly.

LAoHN.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rescued a cat today :) He is about 2 years old, original name is K.T., but my fiance and I have settled on Sir Winston Zeddemore Churchill. A bit silly of a name, but Im okay with it. He is adjusted great surprisingly.

LAoHN.jpg
I love you so much! You've done a good job ♥ Hug him from me!

Finally got it.

qMdxb.jpg

What's this about? Hopefully you mean you've been saving badges or something? I didn't think you had to pay for something like this at all, much less save up for ton years.

Unless you didn't earn it and this is some super-collectible vintage Eagle Scout badge?

Quick

Banned
Bought Harry Potter 1-6 on blu-ray. I now have all the steelbooks collected. Double dipped on Half-Blood Prince since my previous steelbook didn't match the set. The back for each one are awesome. Got it all for around $100 thanks to a sale at Future Shop.

QDBWT.jpg

zAILW.jpg

Also picked up Deathly Hallows Part 2 in November, Part 1 beside it for comparison.

EVWqN.jpg

TBO4e.jpg

And the November games. Got them all last month, figured I'd post them anyway.

krJMP.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Batman Beyond from Amazon's BF sale ($38), Mario Kart, and continuing to build my PS2 backlog with Jak 3 =D

qegYHl.jpg

Top Bottom