• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

WEGGLES

Buying a vinyl player next week with some isolation headphones and 3-4 starter vinyls.

*Turntable
and
vinyl is like deer. One deer, 7 deer. One vinyl record, seven vinyl records. (Or LP/LPs)

Welcome to the club, though. What turntable are you getting?

BOTEC

That's weird, my White Saturn controllers have white leads and light gray wire. Is that a gray controller PCB and cable with a white controller shell?

I think someone at SEGA has drunk on the job one day and released a bunch of crazy controller variants. I have an official SEGA white Japanese Saturn pad with like 20 feet (6m) of cable. Shit's crazy, but it's 100% legit SEGA. Original PCB, same labels on the cable as a regular pad, etc.

robotrock

Banned
Bastion stuff
img_5607tm2r8.jpg

Bigger picture of the poster
img_5609apj6r.jpg

MG310

DSCN1002.jpg

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

Saints Row, Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land from Best Buy B2G1 Free
Deus Ex Augmented from Amazon for 24.99
Alpha Protocol and Muramasa from Amazon for 9.50 ish

Gears 3 Anya and Marcus Fenix NECA figures
Club Nintendo Pin Set

plc268

Finally got into the smartphone game. iphone 4s 32gb white. I wanted the black, but the ATT store didn't have the 32 gb in black. Oh well, I'm not disappointed with the white anyway, looks pretty damn sharp.

6529699977_cd71c5a4e8.jpg

Edit: changed the image out as I was playing with the camera+ app. Damn that thing is sweet and can do a lot more than I ever could in photoshop.

Shadybiz

I said that I wouldn't buy a 3DS, but I just could NOT resist the recent BB deal:

IMAG0139.jpg

Also just got turned on to Scotch the other day, so I went and got this:

IMAG0138.jpg

It's a bit pricey, so I think I'm gonna go pick up some "Red," and save the rest for special occasions.

Celcius

°Temp. member
triumph.jpg

Last night I got my bachelor's degree in computer science from UTD and this morning I picked up a copy of Skyrim on sale at best buy. :)

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I wanted to get a projector for a long time, and finally the time has come :D

jbqKQ596p1cXGY.jpg

jbr6w9cUxE6AoE.jpg

Pretty satisfied with the purchase.

Asparagus

cSMXg.jpg

Some Warhammer 40K because I'm weak willed and have too much money!
Well you certainly went to the right company to sort that out :p

Not really sure if this counts...

rCXmX.jpg

Picked these up from my local second hand store. The top one is from 1993 and the bottom one from 1988. Got them for a total of €5 which is a steal since I paid €40 + shipping for my previous keyboard of the same model from -91, and that was a pretty decent price. Cleaned the -88 up a bit and now it's like new again and I'm writing this post on it.
Oh it definitely counts, I love those old keyboards. I'm making do with some cheapo Asda thing atm :(

Just picked up a Topre RealForce Tenkeyless Keyboard (Uniform 45G Topre)

ZohiQ.jpg

Swapped Ctrl and Caps Lock

Just had to look this up, so expensive but so sexy, damn.

Anyways, I picked up an Amstrad CPC6128 with colour monitor for a fiver at a run down indoor market. Was surprised to see it going so cheap and I've never had one before so grabbed it quick and lugged it home.

ukLeF.jpg

It's a bit scruffy but turns on OK and all the keys work. Comes with a bunch of tapes and a 3" floppy which is groovy, I've never seen anything like that before. It's a "blank" type disk so probably has some game or program on it.

40MCK.jpg

Unfortunately I can't actualy play anything since it has no tape deck. I can't check out what's on the floppy either as the 12v input on the front of the monitor seems to have been ripped out o_O

MgXvd.jpg

God knows how that happened. The floppy drive needs to be plugged in to work but it's not a huge deal right now. Looking around Amstrad sites I think I'll start off with just getting a tape deck sorted, then move onto getting the floppy drive working or maybe I'll just skip it completely and look into getting/building one of those sd adaptors.

I also made a nice bit of cash by finally saying goodbye and selling off most of my DC and GC stuff. The DC days were good times but it's all just collecting dust now.

Final Pick ups for the year were the humble indie bundle, Ultima VII via GOG and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3.

1Tpnp.jpg

Parents got me an awesome birthday present:

kgwx6l.jpg

nice man. i just listened to these and they are great. i decided to go with the ATH-A900 as it wasnt much more expensive and sounded clearer and punchier.

What amp you running?

I just got a CEntrance DACMini. will post photos tomorrow once it have it setup with the laptop/FLAC files etc.

tha_devil

Uncharted 3 controller, really nice. Packaging is really really flimsy but arrived in perfect condition due to good packaging from ebay seller.
WgMS4l.jpg

All Uncharted 3 steelbooks/digipack
EiXp7l.jpg

Picked them up for cheap, while they are a little bit rare i think.
dt7OFl.jpg

Crazy-J

Banned
6534551237_d86820bed3_z.jpg

The Luther from Crave Real Burgers. Patty, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Fried Egg, Onion, and 2 LaMar Dounts for the buns, with Sweet Potato Fries. SO DAMN GOOD!

whats the reason to buy a mac mini these days? im just curious

Small and relatively low power. It's a machine that I can leave on all day and not worry about the power bills. Also, it's a BSD with a fairly consistant user interface.

I'm in the process of replacing a lot of aging hardware. This replaces my desktop, the server in the picture (once hard drive prices come down again) will replace my aging NAS (ReadyNAS with some 3 year old hard drives), and an AppleTV (just now jailbroke it) will replace my NESBMC box and it's issues as I kind of hacked it together. I should probably sell it. I'm sure I could get $500 for it. The TV room itself then becomes silent, and I'm probably going to take my old PC (a tower) and throw a new Video Card in it and make it something that I can play PC games on - Steam seems to be the best way about this anymore. Of course it sucks up too much power to be on most of the time, but it won't need to be.

I haven't used windows for a long while. Is Windows XP good for gaming still, or do I actually need to upgrade to Windows 7?

Gamble

Quite a few decent and recent titles still run off of XP these days from what I've seen I just recently upgraded my desktop from XP but a lot of what I had ran off of XP just fine.

Gamble

6534551237_d86820bed3_z.jpg

The Luther from Crave Real Burgers. Patty, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Fried Egg, Onion, and 2 LaMar Dounts for the buns, with Sweet Potato Fries. SO DAMN GOOD!

My mind and stomach are screaming WTF IS THIS but at the same time some sick epic mealtime curiosity inside of me stil saying "we need to try this".....WHERE IN THE HELL IS IT?!?!?

zychi

Banned
My first post in this thread, cant figure out how to shrink the size of the pictures, so heres some thumbnails:

Wubby

I caved when I saw they still had them available. After the other camera store sold out of pre-orders in October I was sure they would be hard to come by. Interestingly the store was all sold out of 3DS's...

5geDEl.jpg

Nakazato

My mind and stomach are screaming WTF IS THIS but at the same time some sick epic mealtime curiosity inside of me stil saying "we need to try this".....WHERE IN THE HELL IS IT?!?!?

Whats really sad didnt even read the description and i was like The lutha lol

and i feel like
hnng1.jpg
just seeing it :(

Top Bottom