• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

Bought a bunch of stuff that I've neglected to post for a while, so here goes.

cmnbs.jpg

My new toy
EXDKq.jpg

My first DSLR. It's an interesting thing to figure out. The kit lense wasn't up to par, so I sold it and bought an EF 28-135 instead.
75ele.jpg

Noo fone to worry about dropping
iawVN.jpg

That's all the important stuff

Oh wait -- games to help keep me entertained during the winter break
jcBlg.jpg

alphaNoid

Banned
My new toy
EXDKq.jpg

My first DSLR. It's an interesting thing to figure out. The kit lense wasn't up to par, so I sold it and bought an EF 28-135 instead.
75ele.jpg

Congrats. I just bought my wife a iPad2 for Christmas and I have a 7D with a plethra of lenses. Getting into photography is going to make your wallet cry. But it will also give you a purpose like never before. Such a great hobby.

Whoops! I've gone on a bit of a shoe buying rampage. I got the Riddler converse the other week, and a couple more pairs arrived the other day. I've got another pair in the mail :3

The pair of these were $135 AUD I think, including shipping from the UK. They were already reduced in price, and I got a further 15% off. Score!

3Gf5ml.jpg

Those are some awesome shoes. Which site do you get them from?

Ledsen

Can you explain what you mean by that?

There are a few tidbits on Wikipedia about poor Don Rosa:

On strike

During early summer 2002, Rosa suddenly laid down work. As an artist he could not live under the conditions Egmont was offering him, but he did not want to give up making Scrooge McDuck comics either. So his only choice was to put down work for a while and try to come to an agreement with Egmont. His main issues were that he had no control over his works. Rosa had discovered too often that his stories were printed with incorrect pages of art, improper colors, poor lettering, or pixelated computer conversions of the illustrations. Another matter was that his name was used in promotion of books and collections of stories without his agreement and without sending royalties to him. Rosa has never, to this day; as with any other Disney artist, received a penny in royalties for a single use of any of his stories worldwide.He came to an agreement with Egmont in December of the same year, which gave him a bit more control over the stories and the manner in which they were publicized.

Retirement

Rosa's eyesight had been very poor since his childhood. In 2006 and 2007 he began having new difficulties which made drawing a very slow and tedious process for him, even more so than normally. In March 2008 Rosa suffered a severe retinal detachment and underwent emergency eye surgery that ultimately proved to be not completely successful. Further surgery in both eyes made drawing even more difficult. On June 2, 2008, during an interview at the Danish Komiks.dk fair, Don stated that he would not do any more Disney comics, citing eye troubles, low pay, and the constant use of his stories in special hardback or album editions by international Disney licensees without any payment of royalties or requests for permission for the use of his name.Rosa is popular with readers in Europe. He considers himself rather obscure in his native United States. According to him, even his next-door neighbor does not know his profession.

So sad for one of the greatest Disney artists in history :(

CiSTM

Banned
There are a few tidbits on Wikipedia about poor Don Rosa:

So sad for one of the greatest Disney artists in history :(

So sad :(
But far as I know Rosa gets some kind of bonus from that huge collection few posts back. No royalties tho. It's all done under his supervision, coloring and etc. are as checked and approved by him. Still it does suck how Disney is treating him, they have sold millions of copies of his hardback collections and he doesn't get paid. Same goes for all Disney comic artists and that's just plain wrong :(

As for non gaming pickups! (Huge month)

I got a Pug. Her name is Waffles. Easiest dog to train ever. She's about 90% on using a puppy pad.

2011-10-23_204830.jpg

Newer picture.
IMG_3903.jpg

Second. I've been working on the sale of my dad's old horse farm. (Eh...one was in the Kentucky Derby in the 70s. Inca Roca) to the Texas Longhorn Assn. I bought myself a gift. To replace 2007 V6 Stang.

2011-10-23_172411.jpg

2011-10-23_172403.jpg

*Not pictured, the 98 Hyundai Tiburon (AKA: The Tibby) that I drive on a daily basis.

Axelums

Neo Member
Damn, more money spent just before Xmas.

Starting with my christmas purchase for a friend. Really need to get one myself, will go with my other AC models too then.

IMG_20111216_195052.jpg

Picked up Gears of war 3 Limited Edition for £30 and a copy of Sly 3 with 3D glasses, just because. Completes my Sly Collection now too.

IMG_20111216_195022.jpg

and finally £35 worth of PSN credit for £25 in Gamestation. Whilst stocks lasts. Might be heading back their soon if there is any left. free £10 woot!

IMG_20111216_195042.jpg

BOTEC

It's in-line with typical FF packaging for Japan.

I know, and I even like that style (logo on white), but something about this one that seems off. Maybe the colors? Can’t put my finger on it. It feels like temporary placeholder art or something.

Smokey

Got these yesterday as a birthday present:

DSC_1802.jpg

DSC_1803.jpg

Very comfortable. Awaiting Star Wars on PC as my next gaming pickup.

eXistor

6ZK1p.jpg

Also downloaded the GBA Ambassador games, shame I already own most of them on cartridge, but it's nice to be able to play them on 3DS I guess. The selection is really impressive too, the whole thing could have been a bit better (no sleep mode), but I think it's a nice little reward for early adopters.

mblitek

As for non gaming pickups! (Huge month)

I got a Pug. Her name is Waffles. Easiest dog to train ever. She's about 90% on using a puppy pad.

My sister is infatuated with english bulldogs which I closely relate to pugs. Nice pug pup pick up! I'm not a pug/bulldog guy but I have a weird dog, a Russian Komondor. Massive dog, meant to blend in with sheep herds to protect against Wolves & what not.

Komondor_6.jpg

Second. I've been working on the sale of my dad's old horse farm. (Eh...one was in the Kentucky Derby in the 70s. Inca Roca) to the Texas Longhorn Assn. I bought myself a gift. To replace 2007 V6 Stang.

2011-10-23_172411.jpg

2011-10-23_172403.jpg

*Not pictured, the 98 Hyundai Tiburon (AKA: The Tibby) that I drive on a daily basis.

My Sister also had horses but of the Jumper variety in competing. One hell of an expensive sport.

But, nice Roush! I have never seen one on the road before. I've heard the new 5.0L is a beaut, what's included in a Roush Stage One?

Amagon

6ZK1p.jpg

Also downloaded the GBA Ambassador games, shame I already own most of them on cartridge, but it's nice to be able to play them on 3DS I guess. The selection is really impressive too, the whole thing could have been a bit better (no sleep mode), but I think it's a nice little reward for early adopters.

Good man!

zmet

Ankoku Densetsu (Legendary Axe 2) and Fright Night (1985)
dc7.jpg

In a weird move, Sony (distributed by Twilight Time) has limited the production run of Fright Night to 3000 copies - get them while they last. By the way, the movie looks and sounds great!

Sunsoft Music Collection Vol.4
dc8.jpg

Game soundtracks (all Super Famicom) in this volume: Benkei Gaiden: Suna no Shou, Albert Odyssey, Albert Odyssey 2: Jashin no Taidou

Mega Adapter for the Mega Drive
dc9.jpg

Loose Fist of the North Star for the Sega Mark III
dc10.jpg

Two cheap Amazon pickups: Muramasa and Bio Shock 2 and Hellfire S for the PC Engine CD
dc11.jpg

I have 3 of the 4, TP, ST, and SS. The TP one is AMAZING. I was really disappointed with the SS one though.

When you stack all of them on top of each other, you notice how with each release, they get shorter, thinner and have less content.

This, I have the TP and SS one. The TP one was AMAZING! Full packed.
The SS is just bad, I want this guides for collection, not to use them all the time as a guide, and even as a guide the SS is shit, there is some places its even incorrect or theres no info of whatever is in that place in the game. For being an official guide you would think it has all the tips, but I have discovered some things in the internet (as how you can kill some enemies and bosses faster) that are not even mentioned in the guide, and its not using bugs, there are things that the developers put there intentionally.
Also this things need to come with fucking concept art FFS.

woolley

I picked up the DJ Hero 2 party bundle for only $25 at GameStop yesterday. I just couldn't pass up on it with that low of a price.

fj7KY.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Man! I'm jealous of those Vita pickups!

Anyhoo... Eight years I've waited for this game. Easily my most anticipated game ever. And I knew my expectations could never be met... but somehow, amazingly, I've put a good 20 hours into this game and have yet to be disappointed! :)

6523616729_5174c11b32_z.jpg

My Jedi Knight Sentinel; her name is Triss:

6523178603_cedb5355d6_z.jpg

Also:

6523744717_55a60dd696_z.jpg

... though Kirby is just a rental.

Top Bottom