• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

Loxley

So, I'm home from college for nearly a month and only had room to bring either my PS3 or my 360 back with me. I opted for the PS3 since I wanted to watch some shiny blu-rays over the break. What happens one week in? It bricks on me.

So here I am, stranded at home with my PC in the process of being repaired from its hard drive dying two weeks ago (so playing games on that is out of the picture for the moment) and I'm itching to play something. Then my dad brings home a box of old stuff from one of our rented storage sheds we're in the process of cleaning out, and in it I find this:

This pic was taken after I gave all of it a serious cleaning and scrub-down, everything looked pretty disgusting after collecting dust for nearly decade, but man was I happy to see it. The only thing missing was the AV cable, so I went to Amazon and grabbed one for cheap, should get here by Wednesday.

The only games I'm missing that I wouldn't mind revisiting are Turok, Wave Race, and Blast Corps. Either way, I'm pretty excited about playing all of these again after so long (specifically Starfox, Rogue Squadron and Spider-Man, which were my favorites when I was a kid). I may actually try and beat Majora's Mask, which frustrated me to no end back in '99 so I sort of just gave up on it.

0aUZi.jpg

Also got a large-ish Ezio figure.

Ultima_5

Bare with me... This is quite alot of stuff... Combination of a few months of college where I was to busy to post pics, black friday, and the holidays =)

Y1tvR.jpg
[/IMG]
PS3 games - Super excited for all of these. Pretty much everything I wanted to get. So far I've only played uncharted 3, and it was quite excellent.

Nc1zL.jpg

3DS games - Tripled my number of 3ds games during the holidays. Two of my goty are from this lot.

OmJZV.jpg

DS games

ibyAP.jpg

Wii games

g1Vjx.jpg

ps2 games

V5A2G.jpg

psx

ZfxNR.jpg

bSvI9.jpg

Reading material

8MAVq.jpg

NQYNX.jpg

dc89

Christmas haul!

cWvCf.jpg

Ate them for breakfast Christmas morning.

Then I had a cup of tea in this! My GF's parents got it me with a few other bits and bobs:

4hlA8.jpg

Then to top off a day of eating I drank this. Might not be a big deal to most of GAF but living in the UK I've never tasted this stuff before! It was nice.

mMuhv.jpg

And here is my haul:

deU1G.jpg

The thing which says Genie on it in a tube is a head scratcher. It's immense.

Not pictured - various gift cards and a bit of money.

Kalnos

Banned
yiqIV.jpg

Some quick and cheap pick-ups. After these I'm only missing a few important RPGs on the SNES... Evo & Ogre Battle off the top of my head. Still quite a few games left to get though. :p

My Boxing Day Haul! Sorry for the crappy images.

Sexy new Blue Jays Baseball Cap - $36 (With Tax)
IMG_0249.jpg

Star Fox 64 3D - $22 (With Tax)
IMG_0254.jpg

The Saboteur - $5 (With Tax)
IMG_0253.jpg

Hydra T-Shirt - $12 (With Tax)
IMG_0255.jpg

Doctor Who: Spearhead from Space John Pertwee's First Story - $12 (With Tax)
IMG_0251.jpg

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - $16 (With Tax)
Apparently this is discontinued. I spent from around 6:30am till about 5:00pm trying to find a copy. In that time, I looked in about 8 different video game stores until I came upon a copy in A & C Games!
IMG_0252.jpg

Doctor Who: The Dave Gibbons Collection $35 (With Tax)
I don't know if you quite get the scale of this item but it's huge.
IMG_0256.jpg

Total Haul = $138.00

Hagi

Pretty nice month, got some new clothes for Christmas. BF got me that cat hoodie, finally I have a jacket that fits me well and isn't over-sized. Also had a couple of packages from 3A, picked up the limited Xmas Tomorrow Queen Lolli and bought Bleak Mission with his dog Custard. Picked up the 4th Humble Bundle too.

cQJSpl.jpg

Awesome really like the look of Bleak Mission and Custard saw the set going for £150 might snag it seeing i can't find any tomorrow kings.

sophora

Awesome really like the look of Bleak Mission and Custard saw the set going for £150 might snag it seeing i can't find any tomorrow kings.

Bleak and Custard are quite a pair, the little cigars he comes with are a nice touch. 3A just recently sold a Tomorrow King on their store mid-december for $120 w/free shipping. That drop night was quite fun haha

Just got this with Christmas money, so I guess it counts as Christmas loot too.
tumblr_lwuhbpOU0s1qhhv13o1_500.jpg

I was worried it'd be gone since I saw it at the store one month ago, but not only was it still there, they still had another copy left.

how you likin them urbanears?

I mostly wanted them because I need to order another pair of IEMs for my phone (lost my second pair pfffft) and these also have a mic and remote.

Sounds pretty good from the really quick listen I just had, but I'll probably have a better opinion when I use them for my commute tomorrow.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
IMG_8341.jpg

Will post pictures of the build later. Graphics card is an HD 5970 and case is an Arc Midi.

Wow, should be a beast of a system!

I imagine you're keeping the 5970 from a previous build? Any desire to upgrade that, too?

Gah, I don't know if I'll be able to resist upgrading my i7 930/GTX570 build this year...

I wanted to get one for my son as he is big fan of Lego but unfortunately he can barely understand english

Shame as it's a really colorful book filled with big pictures of the figures as well as nice information regarding variations on the minifigs that have been released.

You should get it and keep it on hand for him to read in the future.

Shame as it's a really colorful book filled with big pictures of the figures as well as nice information regarding variations on the minifigs that have been released.

You should get it and keep it on hand for him to read in the future.

I know. The book store had several Lego themed books like this. I might buy one for him when I go to Istanbul next time

Spike

Was it on clearance/sale at your local Sears or something tag still shows 40 bucks? Just got a 3DS and would totally pick up Star Fox at 22 bucks. Shame we don't have boxing day stuff down in the south.

All games 50% off at Sears Canada in-store only.

Top Bottom