• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
finally joining my new-age cave shumping brethren :)

MH19W.jpg

also bought sum haloz. played through them all last weekend. ODST is by far my favorite of the lot.

yh3jb.jpg

soukyugurentai was published by EA. so weird

hofF4.jpg

i liked the first movie better :p
last frontier is pretty sweet though.

Ie0y1.jpg

Yes Boss!

Been using it all morning...awesome. Though, I'm just using it with buds. I basically got it as a volume control ($90, ha!) for my TV since I live within feet of four other dudes. I've got it wired directly from my PS3, then to my buds, so I can watch my indian blu-rays with some quality and privacy. But it even makes buds sound better. My disposablle $15 buds even sound way better!

Got a new stick in the mail (SO HOT!):

f125d3f6.jpg

And the game it came with:

c93a830f.jpg

JLG-

My black friday haul:

Still waiting for some 3DS accessories and some back ordered tv shows i got from bestbuy.

October/November:
IMG_5729g.jpg

Kirby: Mass Attack was £20 using Sainsburys 20% for first time customers (I needed to make up for missing my chance on Zelda plus that pretty much is my DS game ceiling)
Zelda: Skyward Sword used GAME points to soften the blow but gutted I had to pay more might be worth it though...
LA Noire was Amazon Warehouse price glitch. Seriously it was like £5.93 when going by the next tier (amazon warehouse pricing uses algorithms to set a base price then adjusts it based on condition so like used - very good is 89% of used - like new) it should have been £10 more. Surprise Christmas present for my brother in any case. I'm sure it'll go unplayed like the XBLA disc I got him.
Tetris DS and Electroplankton were Amazon Warehouse deals. Crazy good ones like £10.84 and £4.88 (or thereabouts). Btw the manual for Electroplankton is really nice (and like 100 pages being English/Dutch; from the era when the fat DS cases made sense):
IMG_5732g.jpg

(the Dutch page in case you can read it, its also up on NOAs web site but the image reproduction is like really small 16 colour gifs so it looks terribad).

Non pictured stuffs. Steam sale stuff, Humble Bundles, Indie Music Bundle and Indie Royales.

Galdelico

Haha,

Just looked At the back of the package...yeah, it does let you do it all:

13da1876.jpg
Man, life is silly sometimes.

I have this cart since a few years now, but the back of the box is written in chinese (it comes from HK, right?) so I didn't even notice those advices. XD
Plus, at the time I got it because I needed an expansion that was able to run all the 1/4MB imports (from X-Men vs SF to Zero 3 and Astra Superstars) and I knew this one was quite good.

Thanks again!

ithorien

Finally got everything together to be able to take a picture-

xmas2011.png

UC1/2/3, Batman AC, Asscreed Revlolations, X-men, The Crow and a Sony KDL-32BX420.

Not pictured a haul from July, an inheritance from my father; the camera that took this photo- Nikon D50. Still haven't learned how to use it -_-

JackEtc

Threadless tees and hoodie from Black Friday sales came in today:

bA3tOl.jpg

96KOyl.jpg
lSDCIl.jpg

RSRbfl.jpg
NcOXil.jpg

Shirts seem to fit fine, but the hoodie is pretty tight, I feel like a hipster when wearing it. I like my hoodies to be loose. This one doesn't really look right with baggy jeans and my skinny-ass arms.

Saroyan

Got all my November pickups put together for some pictures,

PS3 games up first, I don't know why I bought Hyperdimension Neptunia, I'll probably never play it, but hey, I've got it now. Looking forward to playing Catherine.

I bought these to complete my Persona collection, I already had a UMD only copy of Persona for PSP, but I found a complete collectors edition copy with the soundtrack so I had to buy it. I also had Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable, but no Persona 3 vanilla so I picked up a bundle with the artbook and soundtrack CD. The outer box was pretty beat up, but the DVD case and artbook/CD are pretty mint.

Also, "Lets positive thinking!"

Couple PSP games, Kirby Mass Attack is a christmas present for my daughter. Looking forward to playing Legacy of Kain, I loved the other Legacy of Kain games, don't know why it took me so long to pick this one up. Loco Roco is super cute and super fun, my 6 year old daughter really loves them too, I've already played through the first one and I'm working on the second one.

Skyward Sword, haven't played it yet, I still have to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess before I start this one, but the packaging is pretty sweet, the remote is awesome too.

And finally, it's Friday, stopped and grabbed some refreshments for the weekend.
Glenfiddich 12 year is my standard go to scotch, the beer is pretty good, nothing remarkable, but pretty good.

Edit: totally forgot, I also rebought this book for about the fourth time, I've been reading it and re-reading it periodically since I was around 11 or 12, still so good.

Zwei

I bought these to complete my Persona collection, I already had a UMD only copy of Persona for PSP, but I found a complete collectors edition copy with the soundtrack so I had to buy it. I also had Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable, but no Persona 3 vanilla so I picked up a bundle with the artbook and soundtrack CD. The outer box was pretty beat up, but the DVD case and artbook/CD are pretty mint.

Also, "Lets positive thinking!"

Shit man, I just bust a nut. Awesome grab!

I really need to find a reasonably priced Persona for PSP sometime soon.

New newsboy cap from Goorin Bros.

d2693d44.jpg

Has ear flaps for the cold, but I'll be just folding it up inside the hat for extra padding.

robotrock

Banned
First pick-up thread post! Basically all of these were ordered in November, but most of them showed up in December. But yeah most of these were Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
kVEtC.jpg

My best friend, who currently lives in Europe, just sent me a combo birthday/Christmas present (birthday is on the 8th). I didn't open all of the presents obviously, but I thought I'd share the really relevant ones.

3b534a31.jpg

789b888f.jpg

1b47bb56.jpg

CoE I already got (NA version) thanks to an Amazon lighting deal and despite today's Xenoblade NoA announcement, I'll still be purchasing the NA copy next April. The DS games are self-explanatory really.

*Fist bump*

From what I had seen in the store, it's a rather nice set. You'll enjoy it! If it makes you feel better, I won't be opening mine till the end of march :(

Ouch. That...actually makes me feel a little better. Right now I'm trying to decide what game I should christen the new TV with. Probably Rayman Origins.

The_Monk

My December picks:

Free, from EA:

Battlefield 1943

D56jMl.jpg

2 PSN Cards for the December deals on PS Store:

Oiz8xl.jpg

Used my LAST store credit to get these games, did not pay nothing for them.

White Knight Chronicles II (loved the first one)
L.A Noire Comple Edition (with all the DLC's)
Resistance 3 Special Edition (the vinyl disc is really nice)

1wLn9l.jpg

nywqRl.jpg

And finally my most hyped game, Skyrim. I really wanted this for the PS3 but GAF helped me make my choice. Plus, I learned that Bethesda is not a big PS3 fan, so... gave some love for my 360. Oh and the Map was included even after the Amazon guy saying that I was not going to get it. Nice! (I hope 360 players are doing well on Skyrim..)

YuaLkl.jpg

mf.luder

Pioneer VSX 1026.

This thing is a beast. I wanted a receiver that had AirPlay so I could stream all my tunes without having to run cables across the room. Combine that with the iOS that Pioneer has and it's insane. I can do everything from my phone, laying in bed. iPod app controls the tunes and then I can output to it. Amazing.

f40aacba.jpg

Pioneer VSX 1026.

This thing is a beast. I wanted a receiver that had AirPlay so I could stream all my tunes without having to run cables across the room. Combine that with the iOS that Pioneer has and it's insane. I can do everything from my phone, laying in bed. iPod app controls the tunes and then I can output to it. Amazing.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y319/duker311/f40aacba.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Can't unsee the face...

isny

napkin dispenser
Some Poutine =D

s6ECUl.jpg

And, as it's that time of the year again, a couple games for the local Children's Hospital through Child's Play. (B1G1 40% off)

hHzV8l.jpg

Proc

My Holiday gaming purchases:

gnQSZ.jpg

I'm happy with all of these purchases and have no regrets with them. I also bought Batman AC but it was traded in toward the wireless headset. I also bought Rage but I'm not happy with that purchase so it gets no love. Deus Ex PC was bought on release date so I'm not sure if I already posted that here. Either way Deus Ex was worth my money.

Top Bottom