• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

expy

Banned
qq1lck.jpg

robot

May gonna be a craaaazy month! Already off to a nice start.

IMG_1714.jpg

- New art/plexi for my Hori EX-SE
- Super Street Fighter 4 guide
- Astro A30 headphones/headset with mix amp

Dude, that Astro City panel is too amazing. You should finish it with pink (or green) buttons/balltop for the true Astro City look.
Ether way, it looks absolutely phenomenal!

robot

_dementia said:
Dude, that Astro City panel is too amazing. You should finish it with pink (or green) buttons/balltop for the true Astro City look.
Ether way, it looks absolutely phenomenal!

Thanks - it's a modified version of someones template I found. I have an astro city cab (where the inspiration came from) and originally wanted to do the green buttons/ball top, but I love the stock buttons that came on the hori so decided to leave it as is. Maybe down the road when I get bored of em...was thinking clear green for something a little different.

I have other things I've bought this month, like SSFIV... but I think this is one of the most important pickups ever.. and she said yes.

The Spurs Coyote is an in-joke, I kept telling her before that I was going to hire him to give her the ring... :lol

2010-05-07222401.jpg

AkIRA_22

New keyboard

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Much better than the old one, which had no letters on it (my touch typing went through the roof though).

Does anyone know any good drivers for it though? I want to activate the media and eject buttons.

Solemn Nomad

Neo Member
This thread needs more Super SFIV. :D

How about some Third Strike?

I finally installed a new monitor for my Sega Blast City. It's beautiful as you can see below.

Not finished, but working.

4588335256_a869669cc2_o.png

4588334570_99fa3b87ee_o.png

Sorry for the low quality pics; I need a camera :/

isny

napkin dispenser
Surprised more people have yet to pick this up...

Just got it in the mail today! Just in time for the (apparently rainy) weekend!

eldxc7.jpg

Came in mail this week, still waiting for Yakuza 3. (and demon's souls in June)
Yeah, I know LTTP but better late then never, plus it's cheaper.
20100508_004.jpg

Ratchet was last one I needed in series and never played GOW before(gasp!).

Gyrian

Here is what I've been up to, lately. Some of it is from last month, just couldn't get around to taking the photos.

9uwxhg.jpg
10cj9rs.jpg

Lucky number 7. :]
This art book is incredible, and easily the nicest anything in print I've ever owned.
Nothing was held back in making this. Beautiful U2 artwork with a lot of insight in the making of the game.

sgizrl.jpg

6f1evl.jpg

Really looked forward to this one for a long time, and it didn't disappoint.
Very nice Collector's Package bonuses do not hurt a bit, either.

wuf4gn.jpg
eb5t8p.jpg

Hell yes, Dudley SSF4 arrange theme!
Also, can't recommend the RE5 DLC enough. Had tons of fun going through it in Professional with another GAFer. :]

24esup5.jpg

ae2j5g.jpg

Stand Alone Complex in BRD. I <3 this series to death.
Also caught up to some Criterion movies I'd been meaning to get.

Solemn Nomad, thumbs waaay up on that SFIII 3rd strike machine! :O

Jucksalbe

Banned
sam27368 said:
I want to post a new thread but being a junior (daww shux) I still have to wait a bit, basically I want to create an essential PS1 games thread. But considering I'm picking a few of them up this month I thought I'd post in here.

Here's the list so far (with a key, red I still need to get) any suggestions on what to add to the buy list?

http://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tRoItb6ZPvOjRJqBBuVGn1A&hl=en

You're at least missing every Ridge Racer (at least put 4 on that list), Star Ocean 2, Persona 2 and both Lunar games. R-Type delta is missing, too...and...and...and......

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
sam27368 said:
Here's the list so far (with a key, red I still need to get) any suggestions on what to add to the buy list?

Not sure what you're into, but discounting the weird-but-essential stuff: Alundra, Silent Bomber, Ridge Racer Type 4, Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, Ghost in the Shell, Bushido Blade, Suikoden, R-Type Delta, One, Devil Dice, No-One Can Stop Mr. Domino!, Einhander, Tomba!, Vandal Hearts and Omega Boost.

54-46!

Solemn Nomad said:
How about some Third Strike?

I finally installed a new monitor for my Sega Blast City. It's beautiful as you can see below.

Not finished, but working.

4588335256_a869669cc2_o.png

4588334570_99fa3b87ee_o.png

Sorry for the low quality pics; I need a camera :/
Good stuff!

I was so close to buying a cabinet some months ago (an Egret II) for 5000 SEK or something, really good price.. then I realized I have no place to put it and probably no one to play 3S with anyway, I'd have to hook it up to a PC and play on GGPO or something heh.

krae_man

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Time to flood the thread with some Late April early May Pick-Up's

100_1843.jpg

Love a good garage sale. Total for the Genesis, games, and Snes games was $7.50

You bought the wrong version of Aladdin. Should have bought the Genesis version.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
EmmanuelMunoz said:

Does it have the "PRODUCED UNDER LICENSE BY SEGA ENTERPRISES yadda yadda" warning screen when you boot it up?

Apparently if it does NOT have that warning, the sound quality is better... the best sound of any Genesis (and some of the models sounded BAD)

If you don't want to turn on the Genny to find out, you can look at the FCC ID on the bottom of the console... You can find more info in this thread.

NewFresh

BocoDragon said:
Does it have the "PRODUCED UNDER LICENSE BY SEGA ENTERPRISES yadda yadda" warning screen when you boot it up?

Apparently if it does NOT have that warning, the sound quality is better... the best sound of any Genesis (and some of the models sounded BAD)

If you don't want to turn on the Genny to find out, you can look at the FCC ID on the bottom of the console... You can find more info in this thread.

No power cord for it yet but I went to that website and yes it is the model 1 with TMSS and I guess better sound. Time to go get that power cord, THanks :D

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
EmmanuelMunoz said:
No power cord for it yet but I went to that website and yes it is the model 1 with TMSS and I guess better sound. Time to go get that power cord, THanks :D
I believe you ideally want the non-TMSS one for slightly better sound.. But the TMSS version doesn't suffer from a rainbow effect on certain graphics (like the waterfalls in Sonic). In any case, you do have a good version.

And about that power cord.. Don't even try a NES one just because it fits! Genesis uses a reverse polarity AC adapter.. and you could fry the Genny if you dare. Seek out an original Sega one. I had trouble locating one on it's own.. But you could probably just buy another complete Genesis set again for dirt cheap just like you did already.

Getting the hardware together for an ideal Genesis setup is kind of a game in itself.. And it gets crazier when you factor in Sega CD, 32X and region and picture mods. I went crazy on this stuff last fall.. The Genesis nutbars at Sega 16 are excellent guides for this stuff.

NewFresh

BocoDragon said:
I believe you ideally want the non-TMSS one for slightly better sound.. But the TMSS version doesn't suffer from a rainbow effect on certain graphics (like the waterfalls in Sonic). In any case, you do have a good version.

And about that power cord.. Don't even try a NES one just because it fits! Genesis uses a reverse polarity AC adapter.. and you could fry the Genny if you dare. Seek out an original Sega one. I had trouble locating one on it's own.. But you could probably just buy another complete Genesis set again for dirt cheap just like you did already.

Getting the hardware together for an ideal Genesis setup is kind of a game in itself.. And it gets crazier when you factor in Sega CD, 32X and region and picture mods. I went crazy on this stuff last fall.. The Genesis nutbars at Sega 16 are excellent guides for this stuff.

Ok, I must have had it confused. Anyway concerning the Ac adapter, I called up my local used game store and they have one new for $10 so I will pick that up next time I am up there.

mooooose

isny said:
Never seen that DBZ game before. Is it a bootleg?
It's a real game that was released in Japan, France, and Spain. A lot of DBZ games from the NES/SNES days were bootlegged in Mexico and sold in NA. This seems to be one of them, and I can also bet that it's in French or Spanish.

tl;dr - It's a real game (DBZ: Super Butoden 2) but it's a bootleg copy from Mexico.

edit - Beaten by the original poster, who is well informed. Good looks brah.

KurowaSan

mooooose said:
It's a real game that was released in Japan, France, and Spain. A lot of DBZ games from the NES/SNES days were bootlegged in Mexico and sold in NA. This seems to be one of them, and I can also bet that it's in French or Spanish.

tl;dr - It's a real game (DBZ: Super Butoden 2) but it's a bootleg copy from Mexico.

edit - Beaten by the original poster, who is well informed. Good looks brah.

It was in french only
30mqut0.jpg

vejas

Banned
robot said:
May gonna be a craaaazy month! Already off to a nice start.

IMG_1714.jpg

- New art/plexi for my Hori EX-SE
- Super Street Fighter 4 guide
- Astro A30 headphones/headset with mix amp

I LOVE YOUR EX-SE!!! The art is so perfect for it.

Top Bottom