• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

robot

A 22lb box of complete awesome arrived today! Made an awesome trade with a really cool guy at the neo-geo.com forums.

3c2d717b.jpg
dda4c6d6.jpg

Street Fighter Alpha
Xmen VS Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter
Marvel VS Capcom

All Phoenixed (except MvSF) so no worries about the batteries killing the boards! The first few of many CPS2 games for my collection. Next up are Darkstalkers and Cyberbots!

robot said:
A 22lb box of complete awesome arrived today! Made an awesome trade with a really cool guy at the neo-geo.com forums.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee18/trev04/3c2d717b.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee18/trev04/dda4c6d6.jpg

Street Fighter Alpha
Xmen VS Street Fighter
Marvel VS Capcom

All Phoenixed (except MvSF) so no worries about the batteries killing the boards! The first few of many CPS2 games for my collection. Next up are Darkstalkers and Cyberbots!
I'm jelly. Nice haul.

robot said:

Street Fighter Alpha
Xmen VS Street Fighter
Marvel VS Capcom

not going to lie, I don't jealous very often, not even in these threads...but bravo sir

MidnightScott said:
Posted it in the other thread but since it was the last day here:

226476_10150166303031646_685251645_7282569_6689339_n.jpg

Loving it so far. Just finished Chapter 3. Things are getting interesting. Sucks I had to pay $40+ to import, but I guess it was worth it since it is in English.

Expecting Yakuza 4 soon...however the person I bought it from took too long to send it out and it still wasn't here by the 30th. A bit ridiculous. I mail shit out all the time via US mail and it gets there within 3 days.
What is the best site to buy European games if you're in the US?

Here are some of the things I picked up this month thanks to Amazon except the Vanilla Coke :D

DSC00518.JPG

DSC00521.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

Ill update again after I get my custom zelda 3DS case.

hipgnosis

Been looking for this game for a long time, finally I was able to find it and it's in mint condition.

o9tzI.jpg

One of the best puzzle games ever made!

Johnny

robot said:
A 22lb box of complete awesome arrived today!...!
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I've been wanting an Astro City cabinet (two actually) for ages now and they're impossible to find locally. I'm willing to have them shipped out and everything, but it's hard finding anything online.

robot

Johnny said:
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I've been wanting an Astro City cabinet (two actually) for ages now and they're impossible to find locally. I'm willing to have them shipped out and everything, but it's hard finding anything online.

Staten Island, NY. Bought the cab about 5 years ago, had it shipped from the west coast via NAVL. It was around $200 to ship, with the cab itself being around $450.

Carl

ToyBroker said:
My ceramic white DS3 now has an odd D-PAD after some decent use with MK. The D-PAD sort of turns left/right in the slot because of extensive use.

Don't tend to play many games that make heavy use of D-pad so not too much not too much of a problem. Better than having a controller that doesn't do what you want it to, and has a tendency to stick a lot.

dyergram

282cb868.jpg

New awesome 30meg internet after a year of living in the 02 internet ghetto!

6a3245df.jpg

My delonghi kicked the bucket and I replace it with this its cleaner faster and it was twenty quid, also best coffee iv ever tasted

d5260759.jpg

Whoop well early this month good work to whoever called the cover.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Past two weeks pickups, some games to feed my PS3, Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5 platinum even tough i already have the limited edition but it was cheap and Cave needs more money, and Trouble Witches Neo!

Madrical

Banned
Few pickups, some from today, some from last month.

Katatonia - Night Is The New Day Vinyl
IMG_0115.jpg

Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA Vinyl
IMG_0138.jpg

Couple of vidya game books
IMG_0137.jpg

Some reading material
IMG_0135.jpg

Bunch of CDs, a bluray & a DVD from JB HIFI
IMG_0136.jpg

And my favourite pickup - in progress obviously
IMG_0141.jpg

2bdb3c1610ae4f0d8604fa63001ea1fa.jpg

- Picked up both SSFIV and PES 2011 for £25 each. The 3DS console was £180, which wasn't too bad.

- My first Nintendogs. I wanted another 3DS game to show off the system (I didn't want to support Ubi and Namco's lazy portage scheme) so this was my choice. My Shiba is so cute, plus being able to take him for a walk and earning accessories is pretty cool.

- Naturally, I needed a case so I bought the HORI Hard Pouch. I'm thinking of getting something a little bigger because I'm amassing more DS games each week (Ghost Trick is on the way) and I want somewhere to put my charger, headphones, etc.

- Had to get Okamiden before it disappeared forever.

- My first Pokemon since Red on the GB. My girlfriend's little brother has White so naturally I had to get Black. Picked up the Pokedex Guide so that I can catch 'em all, of course!

8ee0fdc99f254ac8958b507d263cbe90.jpg

- New pair of Onitsuka Tigers (with the old ones in the background). I didn't want to get just 'another pair', so I opted for these. I wanted some in black but didn't like the fabric of the '81s or the plain black and white of the other '66s. Comfy as any other pair.

Finally...

809d4c9eec714582ba6e7a3f824ba4cc.jpg

A new watch! This was a 21st birthday present (my birthday was in January, but I've only received it from Japan recently) from my parents. It's a Seiko automatic; it's my first watch so I'm getting used to the whole 'keeping it in time' thing. It's pretty classy I think..

JEKKI

hipgnosis said:
Been looking for this game for a long time, finally I was able to find it and it's in mint condition.

http://i.imgur.com/o9tzI.jpg[IMG]

One of the best puzzle games ever made![/QUOTE]whaaaaa?!?! what game izzat??

I love puzzle games! and I love GBA!

double love!

Jazzem

Pier Solar, the 2010 Mega Drive RPG! :D

imgp0137x.jpg

Wow, what an absolute treat this is. The production values are insane, and the game won me over instantly...unfortunately I'm going to have to put it off for a month until after exams :( But I'm so glad I grabbed a copy.

Jazzem said:
Pier Solar, the 2010 Mega Drive RPG! :D

imgp0137x.jpg

Wow, what an absolute treat this is. The production values are insane, and the game won me over instantly...unfortunately I'm going to have to put it off for a month until after exams :( But I'm so glad I grabbed a copy.
Does anyone know if they are going to print more? I am interested after seeing a lot of them in the pick up threads.

P1010082.jpg

Had to order MK from TRU's website and they would credit me the $10 off once it arrived. Ended up using the credit from MK to offset the price of Thor DS.

Jaroof

Got a new laptop because my other one broke. :(
2011-05-06000507.jpg

It's a Gateway NV53A. So far it's really good :)

2011-05-06000527.jpg

Impulse buy. Read on the back of the box about how it's an Action RPG.. and I love Action RPGs.

angelfly

Last of the parts for my PC arrived the other day. Was going to go with a new video card but decided to stick with my old 4770.

uCvGl.jpg

YoSAL.jpg

I didn't have any plans on buying anything today but I found myself purchasing these on my way back home:

IMG_7841.jpg

a cheapo 550 Ti GTX
1.5Tb 7200 Seagate HD
Gigabyte Volar Cooler
AVer Media HD Capture Card

My ghetto cooler and messed up 9800 GTX can now rest in peace.

IMG_7848-1.jpg

Jazzem

desu said:
Seems you can still order it: http://www.piersolar.com/

It's not in stock at the moment, but I think they said they plan to keep doing reprints for a while. It's worth checking back every so often. Just don't expect the game to arrive quickly, they take a while to manufacture and dispatch them.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Where did you get this?
Local surf/skate shop. They still do have the shirt, as well as others, on The Hundreds webstore. Just look for the Garfield collection.

I'll probably by one of their hoodies as well as the mug eventually.

Gameboy415

hipgnosis said:

o9tzI.jpg

One of the best puzzle games ever made!

Awesome game - welcome to the club! :)

If you can figure out Stages 37 & 38 on Rescue 10, please help me! lol

Also, for anyone with a DSi, there is a simplified pseudo-sequel/remake available on DSiWare called "ぐるぐるロジック" (Guruguru Logic) on the JP store and "SnapDots" on the US store for 500 points!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Cypher said:
Chibiterasu (from Okamiden) Pillow and Plushie for the lady! :)

DSC01881.jpg

Ordered from SOTA Toys!

NICE! :D

I got the same two for a lady friend of mine during PAX East :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My new rig:

Vo8bB.jpg

I want to take pics of it with the side of the case open, but I would have to take it out from behind my desk and do that. It's a shame too, because it looks gorgeous on the inside. Everything is wrapped up so nice and tidy.

• AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • ATI Radeon 6950 2GB

Some new PC games:

RGMsu.jpg

Not pictured: a bunch of games I picked up at the end of April that don't count for this thread. Also, a copy of Metro 2033 that is on its way.

My new iPad 2:

iUnbo.jpg

This was a birthday present from my parents (my birthday was on Wednesday). The app in question is Flipboard, an rss reader that formats updates and news like a magazine. Also, I can read plenty of comics.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Some of us are rather spoiled fml

I like to think they are enjoying life the way they like it. I don't post much but normally I just get clothes and vests. I mean who would want to see that?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LiquidMetal14 said:
Some of us are rather spoiled fml

Hahah, I bought the parts for the rig and the games with my own hard earned money (I am a working stiff, after all). Just the ipad was a gift.

Top Bottom