• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Just posted yesterday, but really digging into this phone, loving it. Puzzle and Dragons looks great and the audio is fantastic. Just picked up The Room and can't wait to play that one. Best phone I've had since the iPhone 4.

Unlocked (US) 32GB HTC One. Love it.

Got mine. Upgrading from the iPhone 4. Love it so far. Battery has me a little worried though. I still didn't completely drain it before charging though. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Glad to hear Puzzle and Dragons is on it. I've been wanting to play it but it wasn't available in Canada on iOS.

hTNe9ZZ.jpg

Terrible Photo with iPhone 4.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Picked up this sweet D&D Anthology deal on GamersGate. Comes with Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and some other stuff. Check it out.
Also nabbed FFXI and the expansions last week.

Yes Boss!

Hope you know that if you own a wii VC game and transfer it onto your Wii U, you only need to pay a small upgrade price if that game is released on the Wii U VC.

Yeah, fully aware. Very happy to just buy titles again. I prefer to leave my older VC titles on my old Wiis as I like to pipe those through an upscaler while having newer version on my Wii U for gamepad playback and the HDMI output (which is not half bad, in itself). No problem double-dipping for me. Cost is pretty inexpensive for the flexibility.

KTS2448

So my 360 Chrome Purple shell kit came in today to join my purple thumbsticks, Ring of light LED mod, and a seperate Thumbstick LED kit. I decided to put together the shell and worry about the soldering later.

ivzFj1P.jpg

derExperte

Holy shit... Isn't this phone like $10,000? All I can ask is why would you spend so much on a phone?

Easy: Because it's expensive and looks different, that's enough for people that don't care about money. The bigger question is, why the specs of that thing are so terrible considering the price. Dual core, 3.7" 800x480 screen and a tiny battery. That's exactly what my Lumia 620 has. Also Android 4.0 afaik. Like a 250.000€ car with 150PS.

Easy: Because it's expensive and looks different, that's enough for people that don't care about money. The bigger question is, why the specs of that thing are so terrible considering the price. Dual core, 3.7" 800x480 screen and a tiny battery. That's exactly what my Lumia 620 has. Also Android 4.0 afaik. Like a 250.000€ car with 150PS.

Yeah I remember reading about this thing a while ago. Blows my mind they used a bunch of really expensive materials to build it and then blessed it with some low mid end internals.

Dead

well not really...yet
Don't you get a personal live 24/7 concierge with Vertu, along with exclusive access to tons of places?

-PXG-

New art books and gaming stuff, but fuck that noise. Here's a doozy!

Ii5D7H1.jpg

NLUWUzi.jpg

hK6CD04.jpg

f75tdwY.jpg

My first apartment. One bedroom. I was approved Monday. Security is said and done. Move in day is less than two weeks away. Getting all new furniture (and TV). This is a fresh start for me. A whole new beginning and a new chapter in my life. I'm really excited. Everything is basically panning out exactly how I've wanted too.

Finally, my own sanctuary and place to call home. And it's all mine. No one else's bullshit to deal with. Alone time when I want it, friends when I want them around, and quiet weekends with the lady.

Kainazzo

New art books and gaming stuff, but fuck that noise. Here's a doozy!

My first apartment. One bedroom. I was approved Monday. Security is said and done. Move in day is less than two weeks away. Getting all new furniture (and TV). This is a fresh start for me. A whole new beginning and a new chapter in my life. I'm really excited. Everything is basically panning out exactly how I've wanted too.

Finally, my own sanctuary and place to call home. And it's all mine. No one else's bullshit to deal with. Alone time when I want it, friends when I want them around, and quiet weekends with the lady.

I can absolutely not wait to finally get my own place, congrats!

Wednesday's comics:
7833491a79d759602b18dee1e80b43c0_zps1515764e.jpg

...And a football:
52cb81dd75866279318b8a849bbdb82b_zps659ad951.jpg

I had the random urge to buy said soccer ball because I've been watching a couple of the matches.

Is that phone really $10k? If so the reason is simple and the reason that people spend money on status symbols: To show people that you're better than them. Not a knock on the poster but it's generally the whole point of status symbols.

Gong

Haven't bought a physical game in a long while, but this turned up today:

I also bought myself a region free blu ray player, so I decided to pick up some of the Criterion Collection stuff I've missed out on. I might've gone OTT:

Meh, who needs food, or heat! :lol

I also bought myself a region free blu ray player, so I decided to pick up some of the Criterion Collection stuff I've missed out on. I might've gone OTT:

Can I come round to your place? I'll bring the popcorn! ^_^

Love seeing folks posting their Criterion pickups, so much good sleeve design. My copy of Bande à part is winging it's way across the ocean right now, and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on Solaris. I respect my Criterion collection enough to give it its own section on the shelves ;)

xJavonta

Banned
I'm sorry but the Vertu Ti looks absolutely hideous to me. Just my personal opinion though, I'm usually in the minority. Call me crazy but as far as phones go, the iPhone 5 is still the nicest looking phone I've seen.

Anyway, pickups have been slow this month hopefully I'l have more after this concert!

Sorry, Instagram picture because I'm a hipster. Concert is on Saturday, can't wait to see All Time Low and Mayday Parade live again! And it'll be the first time I'm seeing Pierce the Veil and You Me At Six live

Gong

Can I come round to your place? I'll bring the popcorn! ^_^

Sure, just remember to bring beer as well ;-) I've always been jealous of those who could sample the delights of Criterion releases, and now I can join the club. The quality is just superb, and they're a great accompaniment to the Masters of Cinema releases we get here in the UK *happy*

Is this game region locked ?

I'm afraid its region locked, luckily I have a JPN 360 which I've been neglecting it of late, will rectify that with this.

Picked up a new 3DS XL after losing mine when I was in Japan. At least I have a new Nintendo Club case for it

Also picked up Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem. Luigi has surprised me quite a bit. I didn't think the charm would get me.

Friggz

I wanted to post one more picture of my daughter, sorry if its not within the rules, but i figured this was a good post.

Over9000_zps33921e73.jpg

OVER 9000!!!!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Haven't bought a physical game in a long while, but this turned up today:

Holy fuck great taste. Those Criterion's Edition are so juicy and some of the art is amazing. I still need to pick up Caladrius myself, but I won't not because of the fucking yen but for the... fucking region lock. :/

HardRojo

Those pictures need to be bigger man! I can't see the detail on those games well enough!

Forgot to post these on my post from last month.
57Aal.jpg

That vertu ti looks phenomenal. Some of the people hating on it here are probably just jealous and don't know how to follow the rules set out in the thread. As for the others who are genuinely wondering about the specs, not all phone users needs to use intensive apps or play games. Some people just need chat, email and the ability to make phone calls.

So my 360 Chrome Purple shell kit came in today to join my purple thumbsticks, Ring of light LED mod, and a seperate Thumbstick LED kit. I decided to put together the shell and worry about the soldering later.

Lol that looks rad. Glad to see there's still people who mod their 360's and controllers. It's been dying out for a while now since the slim came out.

Top Bottom