• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Posted in vinyl thread also

imagepuln.jpg

BOTEC

So, this happened:

xwzSMPM.jpg

I was totally surprised that this even existed, as I'd never heard of it before. Can't wait to check it out.

ngower

Some of these were bought towards the end of April, but I never posted them, so they're May purchases as far as I'm concerned.

ayTsRQv.jpg

Batman Inc. Vol. 1, Batman Inc. #9 and #10, Love and Rockets: The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S., Star Wars/Avatar (FCBD), Manhattan Projects #1, Judge Dredd Classics (FCBD), Fubar (FCBD), Superman: Last Son of Krypton (FCBD) , Marble Season (FCBD)
09klvCr.jpg

Citizen Kane 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition (DVD), Badlands (DVD), The New World: Director's Cut (DVD), Last Year at Marienbad (DVD), The Tree of Life (BR), Adorno et al. "Aesthetics and Politics," Rachel Seiffert "The Dark Room"
Kqg2Q6P.jpg

Tetris: Axis
9bdbeeL.png

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (OS X)

EDIT: Added KOTOR.

StayDead

So I completely nerd gasm'd out today. I'll need to take the game over to my Dad's to get it played, but I couldn't skip out buying this at release.

8708302426_10875d772a_z.jpg

The back:

8707180169_32b7aa3617_z.jpg

The contents:

8707180241_6dea804d3c_z.jpg

8708302922_f51952777b_z.jpg

8708302358_dbcf2765f0_z.jpg

I'm a huge, huge Steins;Gate fan and I've been looking forward to this since the announcement. Also the phone <33

Decided to get a camera for my travels later this summer, since a DSLR can be really impractical. I always heard about the NEX series but had no idea they were such well specced cameras.

So I decided to go with Sony, and not jump back into the M4/3 pool.

NEX-6
9Je7juI.jpg

wuraEtb.jpg

t1JEabx.jpg

Photo I took with it:
4Ylu37Y.jpg

Also got some shades. Always wanted a pair of Ray-Bans
PA0Wt3x.jpg

Aaaand a badass CF card for my DSLR since I got tired of the Canon-imposed limit on SD card speed.
Im5hapd.jpg

Yes Boss!

Got a Xevious plastic model kit. The idea is to collect these for a few years (my second kit, now) and then take a summer building them all sometime in the next decade.

0xuuYl1.jpg

There's been some insane bargains happening locally. All these (with the exception of Soul Sacrifice) were well under half price. Soul Calibur alone was just $10 new.

Gameboy415

I'm inching ever-closer to owning every first-party Wii game - I only need PokePark 2 (US), Wii Chess (Euro), and a handful of JP-exclusives. :)

ameratsu

Garage sale find. $20 for the lot. I had a good chuckle at the watermark on the Okami boxart, which I knew about but hadn't seen in person.

I also got wind waker, twilight princess, and tales of symphonia (player's choice), but I didnt check them before buying and these three didn't have game discs.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Garage sale find. $20 for the lot. I had a good chuckle at the watermark on the Okami boxart, which I knew about but hadn't seen in person.

I also got wind waker, twilight princess, and tales of symphonia (player's choice), but I didnt check them before buying and these three didn't have game discs.

Wow! Those are some incredible games for only $20? Incredible haul. I have them all and paid full price at release (no regrets haha)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finished law school a couple days ago, so it's time to splurge on some cool sweet shit. Part 1:

iX6EBwQ.jpg

Plenty more to come in the next few weeks.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Whoo!

You are gonna love the bigger screen! And the blue and red look amazingly nice in person!

That's what I've heard. The stock photos Nintendo had back when the systems came out made them both look like shitty fisher price toys, but IRL, they actually look good. Weird.

But the biggest draw is that the screens are bigger, and it should be more comfortable to hold, since I have big hands. The original system was so unbearably cramped, I hated using it.

So Soul Hackers should be a good first game to throw at it. And I still have to dig into like... half a dozen other games I've bought for the system and never played due to the discomfort.

Yes Boss!

So Soul Hackers should be a good first game to throw at it. And I still have to dig into like... half a dozen other games I've bought for the system and never played due to the discomfort.

I still need Soul Hackers. Getting behind on my Atlus titles :-( I know I'm rolling the dice. Still need to Person Golden, as well.

Danielsan

Posted in the PS1 appreciation thread but I'll re-post here:

Edit: Also, do all copies of Heart of Darkness have the spelling "disk" instead of "disc"?
Heart of Darkness is such an under appreciated gem of the PS1 era. Though not even close to being a horror game, the atmosphere in it really unnerved me as a kid. My PAL copies say Disc 1 and Disc 2 by the way.

wighti

Got ourselves two cats from a shelter in Estonia. (We live in Finland ourselves). They had been at the shelter for a good three years without anyone wanting them but they stole us away straight up.

Papa, he has a few lower teeth missing so his tongue sticks out every now and then. In an absolutely adorable sort of way, naturally

Triinu, seen here chillin' in a catcave my wife knit while we waited for the cats

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Got ourselves two cats from a shelter in Estonia. (We live in Finland ourselves). They had been at the shelter for a good three years without anyone wanting them but they stole us away straight up.

Papa, he has a few lower teeth missing so his tongue sticks out every now and then. In an absolutely adorable sort of way, naturally

Triinu, seen here chillin' in a catcave my wife knit while we waited for the cats

that is absolutely adorable :) congrats! I can't imagine my home without cats

Rich!

Fire Emblem and Picross E-2. I also got Wario Land 3 on the eshop, making my Mario Land collection complete! (Mario Land 1, 2 and Wario Land 1, 2, 3 and 4)

feels good man. Would have got a physical copy of Fire Emblem, but the cost of getting the digital copy for myself was literally half thanks to some good deals. Won't be doing it again though due to account system bullshit.

but fuck me, if the account system was decent I would get all my games digitally on the 3DS. Cheaper due to deals and discounts on points cards, download speeds are superb (unlike the Wii U), and having games on the handheld's SD is convenient as all hell.

joshaube

Neo Member
xt9ggbQ.jpg

Loveless vol. 3 2-in-1
This contains volumes 5 & 6. I originally started reading the manga because I enjoyed the anime adaptation and I wanted to see how the story concluded; good decision.

1yF8S3B.jpg

The Passion of Gengoroh Tagame
I saw this posted in April's thread and I was intrigued. It's a little too hardcore for my taste, but I'm glad I bought it. I'm sure it won't be in print for very long. I've heard rumours that Picturehouse was considering a second volume, or an additional publication. Is that true?

GWvZG39.jpg

True Blood Season Three & Four
I've heard the series is going downhill; Alan Ball has resigned as showrunner to launch Banshee on Cinemax.

nqtnfbU.jpg

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: The Heist
I freaking love Macklemore. Okay, I might just be blinded by his good looks.

XdpgtsA.jpg

Message From Space
Shout Factory released this a few weeks ago. It's a pretty fun little flick. I am a huge fan of films like Barbarella and Danger Diabolik, so it fits into that oeuvre well.

qyR4cAp.jpg

Beyond the Black Rainbow
The most hypnotic film I've seen in a while. Incredible visuals and a memorable sound design. It's atmosphere is unmatched.

Persona86

Banned
So I completely nerd gasm'd out today. I'll need to take the game over to my Dad's to get it played, but I couldn't skip out buying this at release.

I'm a huge, huge Steins;Gate fan and I've been looking forward to this since the announcement. Also the phone <33

Dat phone......

ramyeon

Well, the last two pieces of my set came in (Stand and soap) so my first wet shaving set is complete! Can't wait to give this a go tomorrow morning as I have a late start and should be able to take my time. The soap smells heavenly, so much better than crappy shaving gel in a can smells.

Persona86

Banned
Well, the last two pieces of my set came in (Stand and soap) so my first wet shaving set is complete! Can't wait to give this a go tomorrow morning as I have a late start and should be able to take my time. The soap smells heavenly, so much better than crappy shaving gel in a can smells.
Sounds nice.
What razor is it?

HardRojo

$20 for the lot? Teach me your ways! I'd pay that for Chrono Trigger and Okami alone!

Top Bottom