• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

ramyeon

Started off my wet shaving/safety razor collection.

jbzP60LRBPkXQ2.png

Muhle R89 Grande Razor
Muhle Pure Badger Brush
and a sampler pack of 50 blades (most not pictured).

Looking forward to getting my soap and stand in next Monday so I can try this beast out.

LadyRiven

So my 360 Chrome Purple shell kit came in today to join my purple thumbsticks, Ring of light LED mod, and a seperate Thumbstick LED kit. I decided to put together the shell and worry about the soldering later.

ivzFj1P.jpg

Do you have a full purple X-Box setup? I'm a purple freak so I'd love to see that.

Caoz

I wanted to post one more picture of my daughter, sorry if its not within the rules, but i figured this was a good post.

Over9000_zps33921e73.jpg

OVER 9000!!!!

She really is beautiful. May God bless her and guide you so you take good care of her. Congrats...

KTS2448

Do you have a full purple X-Box setup? I'm a purple freak so I'd love to see that.

Unfortunately, I do not. They do not have Chrome purple shells for a slim Xbox 360. However my longterm plans do include painting the existing one myself. Will cost a ton in paint. I also share your sentiment regarding purple. Its my second favorite color only behind Blue.

Picked up God of War since it was reduced to £20. The only GOW game I've played before is one of the PSP games, so it's all still pretty new and exciting to me.

Also, some PSN games.

Looking forward to playing through Blood Dragon. Farming Simulator on Vita is definitely a novelty. :p

So, last weeked, I had ordered a few games online. I spent all morning and afternoon today waiting for the mail, which was unusually late...
I kept checking it every little while, but nothing. Then I was like "I'll go check it again as soon as the clocks in my room all switch to 3:00 PM," and then right as it hit 3:00 PM (EST), I heard the mail truck! I went to get the mail, but was disappointed by the lack of any packages for me. :/

...but then, as I'm walking back home, I see the mail truck make a sudden U-turn, and it heads back to my house, and goes "Wait, there's one more!" and he hands me one of my packages! It's Puyo Puyo Tsu for the Sega Saturn! Disappointment quickly turned into blissful happiness!

:D

One down, two to go!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Picked up Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Deadly Premonition (PS3) so far, but I finally acquired a Generation 1 console: the Atari Ultra Pong Doubles system. It was my first console when I was a wee kid, though it ultimately died from battery acid leakage. I now have at least one console from every videogame console generation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles). Had to ship it from the US to Europe, and it got hit by customs charges and tax, so a bit of an expense.

atari_ultra_pong_doubles.jpg

(Pic made by seller on eBay)

As always, I do a pickup video of the previous month instead of posting pictures. Heres this months video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0RBv6_yFY

This months pickups were:

Physical:
Doctor Who Story 1-3: The Beginning (DVD)
Doctor Who Story 5: The Key of Marinus (DVD)

Digital:
Super Mario World (WiiU)
Toki Tori 2 (WiiU)
ATV Wild Ride 3D (3DS)
Liberation Maiden (3DS)

And I think that it. I had a hard time remembering which digital games I bought...

BOTEC

Caladrius showed up within a reasonable time frame.

nMaEScR.jpg

This fucking thing showed up YESTERDAY after it was shipped on March 15th. 48 days. Goddamn!

elwTZXE.jpg

Post office misdirected it to the wrong ZIP code, it obviously sat unclaimed, and was eventually returned to Play-Asia. At least customer service was cool about reshipping it back to me.

haikira

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Never played the original as much as i should have. Traded the original towards this, to bring price down. Been playing Dark Arisen for a few hours now and i'm loving it.
Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures Three movies and a coaster.
Untouchable Been dying to see this for a while. Going to watch it tomorrow
sam_01540mzel.jpg

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Only messed around for an hour. Love what they're going for and it seems very fun so far.
Slender The Arrival Stuck on chapter three. Love games that make me jump and I've had a few of those already.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Not even past the first operation and it's probably already the most I've ever laughed, while playing a game.
untitled-1cdaar.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
K8bF9agl.jpg

A Shelby's SuperDog, 24 inches. Took my brother and I 4 meals to finish it off. So good!

SlickVic

Saw this was $35 at Toys R Us and decided to pick it up. Never been a huge fighting game fan, but I did like MK9 and I am a fan of the DC Universe, so hoping that'll be enough to get me into this one. I also really liked how MK9's story mode was set up and hearing this is similar but with DC characters just seems like too much awesome for me to pass up.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
1) That Wind Waker cover is amazing.

2) I HAD NO IDEA GUNSTAR HEROES GOT A SEQUEL! I must find this!

1) it really is, and I got it for free back when I was living in the UK, at a GAME shop. I've finally found it again in a moving box from 2008, lol

2) I believe it is called Gunstar Super Heroes in the US, picks up right after the final boss of GH. I like it quite a bit, but not everyone does afaik. It does make some changes to the formula, some for the better and some not that much (weapon combine system is gone). Still, one of the best games on the GBA's library.
Astroboy (GBA), also by Treasure, is equally amazing.

Wow, how much did you get LttP for?

Near Mint, CiB, for €30. But I was super lucky.
Also, over here it's Minish Cap the very expensive one, new sealed copies go for €200 to €300 on eBay.
I got mine, also new, for... let's say a tenth of that? At a freakin' flea market in my hometown. First time something like this has ever happened to me, since we don't have the likes of Craiglist or something over here to get those incredible deals I constantly read about here on GAF.

:)

flattie

Started off my wet shaving/safety razor collection.

jbzP60LRBPkXQ2.png

Muhle R89 Grande Razor
Muhle Pure Badger Brush
and a sampler pack of 50 blades (most not pictured).

Looking forward to getting my soap and stand in next Monday so I can try this beast out.

Watch those feather blades; they're as sharp as they come!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
REYV3Ki.jpg

finally after a 3 day delay my store had it. sorry for shitty phone pic. will prob replace later with dslr.

Top Bottom