• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Laieon

My Wife and I just closed on our first house this past Friday

That house looks really, really cozy man - enjoy it. Gaming pick ups and stuff are always cool (and expected) in these threads, but houses always make me the most jealous because I can't even afford to move into an apartment yet.

outsidah

Two of my favorite things

KHl6oRf.jpg

More stuff today at Best Buy:

cyd8sDV.jpg

Firs time buying a "rocketfish" product....

pyAaWrW.jpg

Sucker for KI

Ally1987

Why did you get a Wii Mini if you already have a Wii U? Unless it was a mega deal so it was worth it for the extra WiiMotionPlus + Mario Kart, or for collecting purposes, I can't see why. D:

I bet it was for his console collection.

Seik

Banned
So I went to a Canadian Tire today I noticed there was many Christmas trees on sale, I moved this year and I didn't have one yet. I wasn't planning to get one already but I cracked since it was 50% off, it's done now. :)

I think it's missing a bit of stuff, I'll buy more but it looks descent enough still.

Yes Boss!

Why did you get a Wii Mini if you already have a Wii U? Unless it was a mega deal so it was worth it for the extra WiiMotionPlus + Mario Kart, or for collecting purposes, I can't see why. D:

Collecting purposes. I've already got three Wiis and a Wii U.

I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan. At the very least I get a red Mote and Chuck (my red Mote got a little used while in Agghanistan so it is nice to replace). The Mario Kart actually comes in a case...though this is the third copy I own. Bottom Line: it is incredible classic Nintendo style and it belongs in my gameroom...even as an ornament. Though, I intend to hook it up to one of my 19" CRTs and use it for Rhythm Heaven. G&W style. LOVE!

GulAtiCa

This came today! A custom made high quality Zelda: Link To The Past map. I framed it right above my main TV. A fellow gaffer actually made this, but I forget specifically who or from what thread.

dab0ne

That house looks really, really cozy man - enjoy it. Gaming pick ups and stuff are always cool (and expected) in these threads, but houses always make me the most jealous because I can't even afford to move into an apartment yet.

Thanks, and one of these days you'll get there. My wife and I are 31 and have been married for 8 years. It takes time. Before that we moved from rental to rental.

Yes Boss!

You and me have similar tastes, Boss... my stand is currently en route ;) Until I saw your pic, I didn't realise it was made by Hori, thought it was a Sony product... although not a problem as Hori are probably the best 3rd party accessories company out there.

Nice Miku too, of course (^_^)

I knew it was third party. No description given. It was only $9. I'm getting my unit on monday. I'm pleased, though. I'm a big Hori fan!

Collecting purposes. I've already got three Wiis and a Wii U.

I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan. At the very least I get a red Mote and Chuck (my red Mote got a little used while in Agghanistan so it is nice to replace). The Mario Kart actually comes in a case...though this is the third copy I own. Bottom Line: it is incredible classic Nintendo style and it belongs in my gameroom...even as an ornament. Though, I intend to hook it up to one of my 19" CRTs and use it for Rhythm Heaven. G&W style. LOVE!

LOL
Someone's questioning a yesboss! Pickup!!??!!
Dude, they don't even know. They don't even know.

Some months you show Markman up with the stuff you pick up.
I want to see your storage bill ;-P

Yes Boss!

LOL
Someone's questioning a yesboss! Pickup!!??!!
Dude, they don't even know. They don't even know.

Some months you show Markman up with the stuff you pick up.
I want to see your storage bill ;-P

Ha, I really don't buy that much anymore. Here and there. I don't even have a PS4 (waiting till next year and getting the One this year). MarkMan is crazy, though. CRAZY!

But the Wii Mini is a no-brainer. Especially to get the Red Wiimote and Nunchuck. The Mario Kart comes new and sealed in a case and can even be sold on eBay for $25. I'm keeping mine all together though. I'm really happy they released it here.

Ha, I really don't buy that much anymore. Here and there. I don't even have a PS4 (waiting till next year and getting the One this year). MarkMan is crazy, though. CRAZY!

But the Wii Mini is a no-brainer. Especially to get the Red Wiimote and Nunchuck. The Mario Kart comes new and sealed in a case and can even be sold on eBay for $25. I'm keeping mine all together though. I'm really happy they released it here.

Are you coming stateside net year? Your backlog scares me...

jonno394

So my PS3 has broke and I can't be bothered to buy a new one (i'll get a PS4 t some point instead) so i'm making do with my Vita instead

2013-11-17181007_zps7441a5fa.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Some of my pickups this month:

Lebron 11 "Away"
lb11_zps82224132.png

Caselabs Merlin SM8
merlin_small_zps88a59d3c.png

EVGA GTX 780 Ti
780ti_zps009d91c7.png

BF4 (digital on origin)
bf4_zps2c76ba81.png

jakeumms

IMG_20131117_103749.jpg

I was really curious about the new Xbox controller so I decided to pick one up. I'm still waffling on whether or not to cancel my Amazon Xbone preorder and upgrade my gaming PC but, one way or the other, I will get plenty of use out of the controller, either this Friday or next year when the drivers are released for PC. It feels really nice but, honestly, it feels very similar to the 360 controller. The one I bought has a slight manufacturing defect where the seam on the left handgrip is slightly uneven. It feels like the top piece is a millimeter too long or something. The other side is fine and totally smooth. Not sure whether I will return it and try my luck with another one or not. The defect is so minor that I may just get used to it but I do find that defect a little worrying. Manufacturing crunch in full effect!

The dump bins at Best Buy were full of current gen classics, priced at $20 and under. I had to restrain myself from picking up a lot of games that I have been eyeballing for quite some time. Still, I want to be able to pick up a decent selection of next-gen games if I do decide to take the plunge so I just grabbed ODST and Skate 3.

Bought a 3 outlet adapter so I can finally plug my PS2 and OG Xbox in permanently and still have a leftover outlet.

Finally, I bought Pokemon X. It's my first ever Pokemon game. I started really getting into Nintendo again about a year ago and so, of course, I gotta give this one a shot. I bought X because I thought the pokemon on the cover looked pretty

Top Bottom