• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Mecca

This is the first time I've been able to participate in one of these threads. Best Buy must not give a crap because they broke the street date and sold me the Wii Mini. I just love the look of this thing. It's like an old school VHS/CD player!

2grstm.jpg

system11

Loved this game. I played it through on the PS3 first, recently managed to get a cheap used 360 version - I can report the 360 one is slightly better. It has occasional stutters in odd places (I suspect as things are loading in), but when you're looking around or fighting it sticks fairly well to 30fps while the PS3 can start tearing. Anyway - amazing art.

remember_me_artbook.jpg

I needed more Elizabeth, even if her neck is a little too long.

bioshock_lizzy.jpg

And more Mushihimesama promo stuff - plastic folder thing.

mushi_folder.jpg

And another stack of PCBs (352 now)

New arrivals 15/11

That's this weeks anyway, more are in the post somewhere.

Shengar

So much PS4 pic here, I can barely contain my hype for it. Though I'm still waiting for the inevitable Demon's Souls 2 before I could make my purchase.

Which HDD did you go for? I'm considering a 7200rpm 1TB myself (not SSD, way too expensive for 1TB right now)

The HGST Travelstar 7K1000 is my recomendation at this point. A Seagate ST1000LM014 is my 2nd PS4. I haven't timed it yet to see how it compares. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716288 is the thread people are using for comparisons.

Nice haul, please post how that Pulse headset works out for you. The included mic is trash and I just using my X12's with no talk for now. :/ I want a nice surround set with mic.

Since it's not compatible at this time, I've read in other threads that it can be connected via the headphone jack on the DS4. I'll give that a shot.

---

Update. When you connect the Pulse headset using the headphone jack, you must adjust the audio settings to send audio through the controller. Once you do that, it will give you audio. It wasn't automatic in my experience. Sound works from games, apps (Amazon, Music Unlimited), DVD, and Blu-ray) playback. I don't think the microphone will work in this current configuration since there is an additional port designed for that on the bottom of the DS4.

Mexx

Neo Member
Everyone is talking about PS4 right now, but I've just bought this beauty:
4kwd.jpg

Totatally love it. Best iPad I've ever owned. :)

jakeumms

I don't think this is the best place to ask, but anyone have a recommendation on a 24" (give or take) monitor that works well with the ps3 and I can buy from Amazon?

I think you may be very interested in the BenQ RL2455HM. It's a 24" 1080p monitor that was developed with the assistance of pro MLG gamers. In addition to the standard RGB and DVI-D inputs it also 2 HDMI inputs, which would work for the PS3 and allow you an additional input for another system. Also, it has built-in speakers -- though be warned that, apparently, they are not great and are really there to supplement either external speakers or a headset. This is par for the course for all speakers built in to monitors, HDTVs included.

I looked at a lot of monitors over the past few weeks and decided to get this one for myself. The price is really very affordable and I felt confident ordering it knowing that it was designed by gamers for gamers. This sounded like marketing hype when i first came across this model but I did due diligence and read a decent amount of reviews. I found that, for the price, it was very good monitor. I'll post pics of mine when it arrives.

jakeumms

Looks to be sold out now.

I have 3 digital download codes for this album if anyone wants one, PM.

Thanks for the look inside. That's a really cool way to release an album. Lots of goodies packed in too!

iinxPsjskYGW3.png

I especially like the 45 adapter. It's a cryin shame that I don't have a turntable anymore. I gotta pick the CD up next time I go to Amoeba. It's too bad the tour with BDM skipped LA or else I would be going to see them tonight.

Ban Puncher

oGiuHUp.jpg

No PS4's in PAL land for another fortnight, but I did manage an impressive weekly haul nonetheless. The PS Vita was brand new and only cost $160AUD locally. Importing the damn 64GB memory card from Japan cost almost the same as the console itself.

Phoenix Wright 2 & 3 on DS to replace my original Japanese copies with their awful English translations, plus the newest entry on 3DS. Couple of $10 BD's along for the ride.

Wu-Tang Clan and Sailor Mercury ain't nuthing ta fuck wid.

Bar81

Loved this game. I played it through on the PS3 first, recently managed to get a cheap used 360 version - I can report the 360 one is slightly better. It has occasional stutters in odd places (I suspect as things are loading in), but when you're looking around or fighting it sticks fairly well to 30fps while the PS3 can start tearing. Anyway - amazing art.

remember_me_artbook.jpg

How in the hell did I miss this game and art book? Thanks for the pic. Bought and bought.

Yes Boss!

This is the first time I've been able to participate in one of these threads. Best Buy must not give a crap because they broke the street date and sold me the Wii Mini. I just love the look of this thing. It's like an old school VHS/CD player!

2grstm.jpg

Street date was yesterday!

Ovid

2grstm.jpg
Da heck!?

I never heard of this.

Nintendo has been blowing my mind this week with these releases. First a new Link to the Past game and now this.

To be honest I really don't pay attention to Nintendo.

Loxley

Da heck!?

I never heard of this.

Nintendo has been blowing my mind this week with these releases. First a new Link to the Past game and now this.

Technically that "new" Wii has been available in Canada since last year and Europe earlier this year - and is just now being released in the US. Interesting move on their part to sandwich the US release right between the launch of the PS4 and the X1.

dmr87

Da heck!?

I never heard of this.

It's nothing to be excited about really, it's sooo bare bones.

Removed:

• Internet Capabilities
  • GameCube backwards capability
  • GameCube Memory Card slots
  • GameCube controller slots
  • SD-card slot
  • Component Video output
  • S-Video output
Also, the Wii Mini has only one USB slot, as opposed to two on the normal Wii. Nintendo Wi-Fi adaptors are not accepted.

Still, it's very cheap and serves a purpose. Nothing for a 'core' gamer to be excited about, imo.
______

Ontopic

ZXz.png

HardRojo

Da heck!?

I never heard of this.

Nintendo is confusing consumers even more with this, I can imagine mom and dads coming into the store and seeing the Wii mini going for way less than Wii U, you know what they'll choose for their kids.

Mecca

Street date was yesterday!

Nintendo's website says the release date is this Sunday the 17th.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini

Since this thing is in no way in high demand. It probably doesn't matter that they sold it early.

Da heck!?

I never heard of this.

As others have said it's the most bare bones Wii that you could possibly have with almost everything removed except for the ability to play Wii games. I only really bought it because of how it looked and I figured the Red Wiimote and Nunchuk that comes with it made it worth the $100 price tag.

Gameboy415

Aw yiss:

1311-PS4_zps01ce9333.jpg

-I've had a chance to try all 3 games and I'm really impressed with all of them so far! I'm especially enjoying ACIV - it's much better than ACIII.
I just hope the server issues get sorted out soon so I can get on the PS store to get my PS+ games....

1311-Movies1_zpsdfb29212.jpg

-These were some of my childhood-favorite movies and they were only $5/movie on Amazon last week. :)

LAA

MUVaIBU.jpg

Loving it so far!

Can I ask what the orange light on the PS4 means? Never seen that before. Do we even have a list of what all the colours mean on the PS4?

As for me posting here this month... gonna wait till PS4 day ;), have a shit ton of stuff to post this month, its looking to be a very expensive month for me, ha ha.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
UPS arrived yesterday with two boxes. In a moment of clarity, I refused the PS4 shipment and kept this

pqoChCs.jpg

Canon 70-200 f/2.8 II. Dream lens, but it is surprisingly heavy and I'm wondering how practical it will be for me

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
A bit disappointed with the PS4 launch titles, but I got one anyway...

a898bab64e6511e380520e3a0c49f9b8_8.jpg

26c53e084e2711e38ce00e4d3238112a_8.jpg

... and this awesome magazine!

8f0779264c1611e3afa912869ffc82a3_8.jpg

jakeumms

A bit disappointed with the PS4 launch titles, but I got one anyway...

... and this awesome magazine!

8f0779264c1611e3afa912869ffc82a3_8.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these mags in the wild in the US? I would love to have it but it seems the digital version is iTunes only and I have a Kindle Fire. The website for the publisher says they ship anywhere in the world but the mag itself is £9.99 so I shudder to think what the shipping to the US would even be. I live in LA and we still have a lot of great newsstands but, so far, I have not seen it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Has anyone seen one of these mags in the wild in the US? I would love to have it but it seems the digital version is iTunes only and I have a Kindle Fire. The website for the publisher says they ship anywhere in the world but the mag itself is £9.99 so I shudder to think what the shipping to the US would even be. I live in LA and we still have a lot of great newsstands but, so far, I have not seen it.

I got it from Fry's Electronics. Check your local Fry's.

Care package from AmiAmi:

null_zpsf6b8c38c.jpg

You and me have similar tastes, Boss... my stand is currently en route ;) Until I saw your pic, I didn't realise it was made by Hori, thought it was a Sony product... although not a problem as Hori are probably the best 3rd party accessories company out there.

Nice Miku too, of course (^_^)

Top Bottom