• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sinthetic

Fantastic Tearaway with Keyring and Zelda with Musical chest.

Re5Wsa2.jpg

HB2Xck6.jpg

1NPAXuT.jpg

Ghibli Steelbooks:

KlLQukM.jpg

3VltL75.jpg

19KM5WU.jpg

CHpTRyN.jpg

Complete UK Ghibli Collection (including Slipcovered Nausicaa ;))

rk3u4oC.jpg

Amazing Collector's Edition for Cuckoo's Nest:

UNPFgBk.jpg

EafglY4.jpg

Dr Dogg

Well I wasn't going to post these until next months thread (plus I've been in and out of here with other pick ups already) but seeing as ROW GAF will overrun this thread as of Friday may as well.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds & Tearaway said:

Surprisingly both have reversble covers as well (no ALBW pic sorry) said:

But this almight beast turned up today
SWRodx5l.jpg

If you haven't guessed what this is here's the back
6TphnDOl.jpg

Yep the Complete Prima Zelda Guides Boxset (and no I didn't pay that ludicrous price)

I had this in my head whilst I was opening it and boy was I not disappointed.

Seeing as this was the only way to get OoT3D in hardback and the expanded Skyward Sword guide I couldn't pass up on it. The book mark, while I though was going to be either cloth or leather bound cardboard is actually a nice sheet of metal with the Zelda logo and Hyrulian crest lazer etched into it. Plus the Certificate of Authenticity is actually numbered to a limited amount (I got 30,022 of 50,000) so a worthy collectors item.

And this was meant to be the Year of Luigi, pah I've picked up more Zelda goodies this year than any other.

Ghibli Steelbooks:

Wowzers. Where did you get these if you don't mind me asking

Linius

Probably Zavvi for the Ghibli steelbooks. They're running them on offers now.

I'll stick to collecting the regular sleeved blu-rays. Steelcases are just so ugly :(

Dr Dogg

Probably Zavvi for the Ghibli steelbooks. They're running them on offers now.

I'll stick to collecting the regular sleeved blu-rays. Steelcases are just so ugly :(

Brilliant. Cheers for the heads up. Though me and Zavvi don't usually get along.

maks

My Barnes and Noble half price criterion order arrived, and better yet, CUSTOMS FREE!

2013-11-25191608_zps6803804f.jpg

Thanks for the post. Didn't realize BN was having their Criterion sale. I needed Three Outlaw Samurai and Harakiri for my Samurai Bluray set. =)

EDIT: OMG THERE IS A ZATOICHI SET BY CRITERION RELEASING ON 11/26. $112 after discount....i...might do it.

jonno394

Thanks for the post. Didn't realize BN was having their Criterion sale. I needed Three Outlaw Samurai and Harakiri for my Samurai Bluray set. =)

EDIT: OMG THERE IS A ZATOICHI SET BY CRITERION RELEASING ON 11/26. $112 after discount....i...might do it.

Yeah I have Three Outlaw Samurai, Kagemusha and Seven Samurai already. I'm holding off until next sale for teh Zatoichi set, and Throne of Blood will be out on blu-ray by then too :)

Galdius

I'm buying a lot of games this month haha:

Some GB, GBC, Vita, PS3 and X360 games:
KPmsWsal.jpg

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers:
tyY96uSl.jpg

PS4 and some games:
sBTOR6fl.jpg
7O95QzZl.jpg

SNES games:
BuvDgNAl.jpg

hoserx

Okay, I got a ps4...... got some games.... etc. We've all seen those........ but I'm going to consider this a "pick up" as well, as these two fellows were chilling in my parents attic for years:

They're already selling non-Day One editions?
All copies I've seen of DR3, Forza 5 and Ryse in stores were Day One editions.

My local store only had these and actually i passed on day one editions intentionally.

Covers look better without the day one special art work or stamp.

Mbrill82

tkCLHIK.jpg

The Vita I bought about 30 minutes ago for $169.99 at Best Buy, got the 2 games last week, the Zelda necklace is a present for my wifey and the ecig I got at the beginning of Nov., but I've been vaping (and quit smoking) about 8 months ago.

eXistor

Zelda guide box.

SvmqBKK.jpg

UnV9qDQ.jpg

Ivy35PA.jpg

I was planning on selling my old guides, but the ones in the chest are actually different from the original ones; the Skyward Sword one for instance is almost twice as thick, but it's mostly cosmetic, contents seem the same. Also, the sizes are a bit different to get them all to fit in the box perfectly. Still, as a bit of a Zelda collector, it's a bit of a conundrum. Do I keep the originals or do I sell them and recover the costs of the box?

At any rate it seems Amazon made a mistake in my favor. I ordered it at 120 pounds (the official price), but they charged "only" 71 pounds.

D-e-f-

Banned
Zelda guide box.

I was planning on selling my old guides, but the ones in the chest are actually different from the original ones; the Skyward Sword one for instance is almost twice as thick, but it's mostly cosmetic, contents seem the same. Also, the sizes are a bit different to get them all to fit in the box perfectly. Still, as a bit of a Zelda collector, it's a bit of a conundrum. Do I keep the originals or do I sell them and recover the costs of the box?

At any rate it seems Amazon made a mistake in my favor. I ordered it at 120 pounds (the official price), but they charged "only" 71 pounds.

Maybe they threw my order over to you. I had preordered it at the cheapest price but had to cancel on Saturday (needz mo' moneyz!! *tears*). I'll just go with that to make myself feel better in that someone else could take advantage of the great price I had to let go. :D

That guide box is nice!

Anyway, I guess this stuff I just got falls under the "+ more!"

First time I've bought anything non-gaming related in, like...two years. Last non-gaming stuff I can remember buying (that wasn't food, clothes, etcetera) was...well, the first two volumes of Sailor Moon, and the two Codename: Sailor V volumes...which I'm just starting to finally get around to reading.
Heh. I'm a lazy reader. I only just read the first volume of Codename: Sailor V last night, and I bought that back on release day (September 13th, 2011, I think).

I'm sorta tempted to get the Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts figure next month. Not sure yet if I'll go for it, but it's tempting. I haven't bought any sort of figures in, like...a decade.

eXistor

Maybe they threw my order over to you. I had preordered it at the cheapest price but had to cancel on Saturday (needz mo' moneyz!! *tears*). I'll just go with that to make myself feel better in that someone else could take advantage of the great price I had to let go. :D

It's in good hands my man *hugs*

vgJcuDt.jpg

Konami Krazy Racers
Sealed!

It wasn't 24.99. That's just an old price tag.

Unfortunately the box has "minor crushing" as advertised, but that just brought the price down.
It's not too bad so I'm okay with it.

kubus

Zelda guide box.

Received mine today as well and I am conflicted in the same way. Furthermore, the original guides all have a map (either cloth or paper) and the ones in the chest don't...

Why do this Prima :'(

The chest is absolutely lovely though. Didn't expect it to be so sturdy to be honest.

Layd Dly

I already posted my PS4 stuff, but here is the complete collection. Man this month has been rough on the wallet.

Need 4 Speed Rivals
Xbox One Day One
Dead Rising 3 Day One
Forza 5 Day One
Ryse Day One

11075734394_1a9cc055e0_b.jpg

Top Bottom