• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

Josephl64

Got some more stuff from Alice Soft as well as a Pika Amiibo, and the Dekamori pack

AliceSoft

B3jbGuiCUAErQYq.jpg

B3jbPK7CYAAtX8Z.jpg

B3jbTIGCYAAmzFS.jpg

Pika Amiibo ~

Dekamori Senran Kagura

Few more games from BF sales game in (Sears was huge with the $30 Hyrule Warriors and MK8). Also found a cheap copy of OoT and Sin and Punishment 2.

dodgeme

These are mostly late november but I was waiting for Dracula X to show up to take a picture. Got good prices on all of these on the bay offering people a bit less then market value on their best offers and got quite a few to bite. Got Final Fight 3 for $60 and Dracula X for $105 for example. Yoshi's Safari and Resident Evil 3 were thanks to my Secret Santa figured I'd add them to the picture.

Ashler

Haven't updated mine for some weeks:

Minecraft steelbook:
028151ce-0386-48a2-87c0-5436226f7086_zpse50a288a.jpg

PS TV:
6F6287AA-9B0B-4CCE-9DA0-A8FBA4AD5B76_zpsqenp54eq.jpg

PSP Street:
A1C2813B-6927-4B97-83A9-98B13A7195F1_zpsktqszgmm.jpg

PSP Dissidia:
37E96F6A-C464-49C0-BE85-CA4428BF5996_zpsmla4x6un.jpg

PSP games:
FD99E491-E9FA-4F65-9EE1-E9E5FDA335C4_zpsn8oqgyp5.jpg

Pokemon Steelbooks:
e40da8ec-cea7-4761-a172-fd15e55a83cb_zpse3020004.jpg

3DS:
11AF31CF-127C-4291-9749-7F0141647177_zpsursfs5qp.jpg

Bayonetta First Print:
58081D07-5664-4767-98A3-1091C5FDEB15_zpsmgmob73a.jpg

NEO GEO X Limited Edition:
2E497669-D29C-4C27-8CCB-2C3E0390A7C4_zpstibhvw64.jpg

Halo MCC Limited:
805C8AC6-7108-4A0B-9118-409901D3081B_zpspuxvjsli.jpg

Lords of the Fallen:
CA2E5344-B883-46DC-8009-A3BD4F2205DC_zpssxzlfxwa.jpg

AC Unity Bastille Edition:
7106612B-D387-4954-8256-565C44AFD61A_zpsebfoic9k.jpg

The Art of Naughty Dog:
916ADC7A-D9EF-47D0-8949-9F9152FE89F0_zpsa34mw3wa.jpg

Xbox One:
4AFB84E3-8D92-4BD0-AF87-AB01EA6FED35_zps0a14molt.jpg

themindkillah

Neo Member
I've been meaning to submit my pickups for a while! Unfortunately I had water damage my entire basement (aka mancave)! :(

So I got my regular gaming pickups.

I upgraded my home theater. I got a pair of B&W 683 S2 as Left and Right speakers, B&W HTM62 S2 as Center and a Paradigm Monitor Series SUB12 as a subwoofer. As a receiver I got a Yamaha Advantage RX-A2030 to take over for my Pioneer VSX-1020.
For my TV I searched for a while and got a Panasonic Viera P60VT60.

In my computer room I decided to upgrade from a BenQ XL2420T to a Dell U2713HM.
I got rid of my Astros A40 (used primarily on PC) and picked up an AKG K550 with an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC.

HPhins54

Neo Member
With the release of Smash Bros combined with the growing list of Wii U exclusives, I decided to pick up a Wii U. Other than a short stint with the 3DS, I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the GameCube. I'm ready to get into some Smash, DK, Mario Kart, Zelda, as well as other games.

I was able to snag DK and Bayonetta (comes with the first one, which I haven't played) for $65 at Best Buy thanks to their buy one get one 40% off deal stacked with GCU. I found a used copy of Xenoblade at my local Gamestop. It's in great shape. The disc looks new and the club Nintendo code hadn't been used. I've never had the opportunity to play it, but I heard it's great.

Now I just need my GameCube controller adapter to get here and I'll be all set.

YEKgY1I.jpg

Sinthetic

Princess Kaguya (with bonus item) and Cagliostro are here, my Japanese and UK Studio Ghibli collections are complete for now.

You can see some Ghibli eye candy at my gallery.

zJxyMKj.jpg

YV1BokM.jpg

SVxkB7k.jpg

pariah164

Only briefly remembered this existed when I saw it in store. Huge fan of the author.

eEcPgc1.jpg

Also, mmm hardback.
Nice! I love that book.

Also, is there gonna be a separate thread for showing off Xmas gifts (for those that celebrate it), or will it be just staying in this thread?

Sorry for the terrible quality!
My pick ups from the last few months:

Games:

Vinyl:
Hundred Waters - The Moon Rang Like A Bell
Picked up at their gig in Heidelberg. Prefer their first album but it's still good.

Southern Lord EU Store pick ups (Finally!):
OM - Pilgrimage
Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
Earth - Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method

Sinthetic

Given that you've spent a lot of money on the Japanese versions, any specific reason you got the UK releases as well?

Edit: Looking through your gallery, the UK releases are actually pretty nice, unlike the sub par Disney versions we get here.

Mainly for the extra features mate, they are often better than the JP editions and English friendly. Although the special edition UK sets of Ponyo, Poppy Hill and The Wind Rises are my favourite version overall.

Matriox

I think I might be getting this for Christmas. I notice the games say they're pre-installed. Does that mean there's no disc for them? Kind of a letdown if true.

I got the same bundle for black Friday, it came with discs.
EDIT: well let me check: Actually my bundle shows the games and doesn't say pre-installed, weird. Guess that one has it digital installed.

DryvBy

Continuing a conversation from the Nov. thread -

No worries. Ha. My OCD was killing me to post something yesterday.

I hear ya. I just figured out how to get better pictures out of my phone. Looks like this magic skydust called "light" helps big time. Here's my December so far. My wife is gonna murder my face off.

My pictures still aren't that fancy though.

Melchiah

Just bought a drip stand & cart for my home hospital from friends of mine, who are about to move to England.

mMWJa2W.jpg

Christmas came early this year, but I think this is it for 2014:

sThFPjz.png

and
a9JcpYA.png

Not pictured is the white PlayStation 4 I got with these games

More games:
FfO5Zhw.png

And three amiibo figures:
1bTmf4J.png

Finally some Anime Blu-rays:
5jMirLx.png

+
nZF0paq.png

+
DrA136X.png

+
yDDksJe.png

+
SpTsYJM.png

Not to forget:
9NlGEep.png

This beautiful hardware is my pick-up of the month:
Za9Kjew.png

An old/new Game Boy Advance with background light.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
New ultrabook, 500GB SSD, and camera courtesy of Black Friday.
JH6xqPw.jpg

Boo faceplate for n3DS, the Boos glow in the dark
YscouDH.jpg

Final (probably) batch of Vita games for the year. 2014 has been incredibly kind to the system.
g7xtXz6.jpg

Don't buy figures often but couldn't resist this pair
L5oItO0.jpg

Couple of old PC VNs I've been meaning to play
580KaEL.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I might be getting this for Christmas. I notice the games say they're pre-installed. Does that mean there's no disc for them? Kind of a letdown if true.

Yeah, games are pre-installed.

Another pickup this weekend! Xenoblade (pre-owned = new, Club Nintendo code intact) for $50 isn't bad. My Gamestop had 2 copies, too. Ha.

Probably going to grab Toad Treasure Tracker soon to get those sweet 70 Club Nintendo points.

20141206_142152.jpg

Mithos

Gold Member
How's the image quality? I got a 55w805b and I'm waiting for it to arrive next week!

Coming from a HD-CRT most HDTV pictures I've seen have looked like crap compared to my HD-CRT, I'm actually satisfied with it, haven't even done any calibration on it yet, just hooked everything up, and set game-mode where its supposed to be.

I know the following picture might not be 100% accurate representation and so on and so forth but its the only one I have atm, temporary setup until I can get a new tv-bench for it.

Deviantartist is: http://magicnaanavi.deviantart.com

JEKKI

oh FFS sega, I literally jus bought this 2 weeks ago!!!!

10844277_1513352608929252_1712381091_n.jpg

arrgh the same thing happened to me with Xenoblade lol, but at least that game was already in english o_O

hey MARKMANG!!

I miss u homie, we havent hanged out all year!!

these are usually the things I wanna talk to you about lol =P

Shady859

Just bought a drip stand & cart for my home hospital from friends of mine, who are about to move to England.

mMWJa2W.jpg

Please post more pics of your hospital?

AND the rest of your house please. Gasmasks, lifesize models etc etc. THANKS

Coming from a HD-CRT most HDTV pictures I've seen have looked like crap compared to my HD-CRT, I'm actually satisfied with it, haven't even done any calibration on it yet, just hooked everything up, and set game-mode where its supposed to be.

I know the following picture might not be 100% accurate representation and so on and so forth but its the only one I have atm, temporary setup until I can get a new tv-bench for it.
SaqIDs8.png

Deviantartist is: http://magicnaanavi.deviantart.com

Holy crap that tv pops!

Blablurn

oh FFS sega, I literally jus bought this 2 weeks ago!!!!

10844277_1513352608929252_1712381091_n.jpg

arrgh the same thing happened to me with Xenoblade lol, but at least that game was already in english o_O

hey MARKMANG!!

I miss u homie, we havent hanged out all year!!

these are usually the things I wanna talk to you about lol =P

that shucks :(

still... u r one of the good guys.

Impotaku

My Taiko no tatsujin gaming is about to level up, my pro controller finally shipped from Amazon. Not quite arcade size but pretty close, can't wait to put it though it's paces.

Impotaku

Hope it makes it here safely, it's a pretty expensive purchase but i love taiko enough to cough up for it. Will maybe do a review thread for it unless there is already a taiko thread on here i haven't found.

Nisa65

My Taiko no tatsujin gaming is about to level up, my pro controller finally shipped from Amazon. Not quite arcade size but pretty close, can't wait to put it though it's paces.

Sweet! Probably gonna pick one of these up after I return from my Xmas jaunt to the UK. Didn't know they were out already.

Smash finally came out here in Japan so picked up a copy along with a few amiibos. GC adapter was nowhere to be found in my area despite the Smash branded pad itself being easy to get a hold of.

Top Bottom