• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

zmet

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Devil Man: The Complete TV Series (1972) and Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 4 Special Edition

Also bought Street Fighter II Collection (SSFII/SSFIIX, and SFZ2') from the Japanese PSN, which is mislabeled on the store as Street Fighter Zero 2' "Playstation the Best" version.

new toy. lots more coming.

10345989_10152873228689512_6750118982145618658_n.jpg

Yes Boss!

Hope it makes it here safely, it's a pretty expensive purchase but i love taiko enough to cough up for it. Will maybe do a review thread for it unless there is already a taiko thread on here i haven't found.

Definitely post some pics. I ordered one as well but won't see it till eatly January.

What year is this ? 2010 ?
Don't know if you're being insulting or joking but if you're being insulting, its not called for and there is noting wrong with picking up older games. I do the same often since I have a massive backlog and its better to wait and buy them when they are cheap.

TheMoon

Don't know if you're being insulting or joking but if you're being insulting, its not called for and there is noting wrong with picking up older games. I do the same often since I have a massive backlog and its better to wait and buy them when they are cheap.

I think it's pretty clearly meant jokingly. Didn't even cross my mind this could be read as anything else.

JEKKI

ayo spoiler alert for anybody who invited me to their white elephant party this month.

I cant post these on my instagram lol =P

0BPUVt0.jpg

one of them is for me of course!

meeeeeee~~~!!!

Impotaku

Definitely post some pics. I ordered one as well but won't see it till eatly January.

Will make a thread when it comes as i now have thread creating privelages, it finally reached Tokyo this morning i'm so glad Amazon Japan offer free shipping as it's weight is 5kg, just processed it for international shipping to the UK it brutalized my poor credit card shipping was 12,000 yen thanks to the sheer weight of it. Even so with that postage cost it's still better value than the ripoff price playasia were offering at £140 from Amazon £280 from playasia.

Better get my camera warmed up there is going to be a lot of pictures hehe.

Siegfried

Coming from a HD-CRT most HDTV pictures I've seen have looked like crap compared to my HD-CRT, I'm actually satisfied with it, haven't even done any calibration on it yet, just hooked everything up, and set game-mode where its supposed to be.

I know the following picture might not be 100% accurate representation and so on and so forth but its the only one I have atm, temporary setup until I can get a new tv-bench for it.

Deviantartist is: http://magicnaanavi.deviantart.com

Yeah, mine arrived on saturday and I was so pleased with the quality I just started playing. Never seen a TV with such great image quality out of the box. Even forgot about game mode. I'll turn it on today!

Only pic I took:

09f2130d-fb1f-4d28-b56e-ffce34ba78f1.jpg

Also, my girlfriend gave me this yesterday as a surprise:

20141207_210608.jpg

Yes Boss!

Will make a thread when it comes as i now have thread creating privelages, it finally reached Tokyo this morning i'm so glad Amazon Japan offer free shipping as it's weight is 5kg, just processed it for international shipping to the UK it brutalized my poor credit card shipping was 12,000 yen thanks to the sheer weight of it. Even so with that postage cost it's still better value than the ripoff price playasia were offering at £140 from Amazon £280 from playasia.

Better get my camera warmed up there is going to be a lot of pictures hehe.

Ha, yeah. I factored about $130 for shipping. Amazon and amiami are the cheapest for sure. Still, pretty unique arcade style controllerr, for sure!

Where did you get those shirts? They're cool.

Thanks! I got them at TeeTurtle.com. They have a ton of awesome designs and they're doing a "12 days of Christmas" sale right now where a different group of shirts is on sale every day for $12 (regularly $20).
They're super comfortable, too...

dralla

Early birthday/Christmas gift to myself, courtesy of Black Friday.

Vz2W3X4.jpg

i5, 8GB of ram, 1TB HDD, $400. It's been great so far. Still getting used to Windows 8. Only downside so far is the audio quality isn't great. I may need to get a dedicated amp for my headphones.

Impotaku

Ha, yeah. I factored about $130 for shipping. Amazon and amiami are the cheapest for sure. Still, pretty unique arcade style controllerr, for sure!

It's one of those things that i decided to get sooner than later as i have no idea how many runs hori will do of the thing. Can't imagine it's going to be too common outside of Japan though due to the cost of importing but it's the closest some of us will get to the arcade like experience. Need to look into getting a WiiU at some point as i'm already 2 games behind as i only have the Wii versions to test it with i'm glad it's compatabile with both consoles.

Seems the first batch on Amazon have all gone and now the marketplace sellers are going into scalp mode, gone from 27,080 yen that Amazon were charging to 34,300 for marketplace (sigh).

All i know is player 2 is going to have to make do with regular tattacon as there is no way in hell i'm getting 2 of them lol.

daripad

Thanks! I got them at TeeTurtle.com. They have a ton of awesome designs and they're doing a "12 days of Christmas" sale right now where a different group of shirts is on sale every day for $12 (regularly $20).
They're super comfortable, too...

They do international shipments :) Thanks

They do international shipments :) Thanks

Anytime! Their customer service team is top-notch too. They were out of one of the designs I ordered so they reached out via email and helped me switch another shirt into my order.

I also had a pre-ordered shirt in each of my two orders so they switched them around for me so all my in-stock ones would ship right away and the pre-orders would come later. Seems like things that should be a no-brainer, but it's always nice when a small company is willing to hear you out and give you a better experience!

Chastten

Banned

8GB extra memory for my new PC so it's pretty much done. Will buy a new graphics card sometime next year, but I'm in no hurry for that.

Had some books printed with cosplay pictures I took this year. Nothing special, but it's nice to show to family/friends who otherwise don't care about it.

Got myself a Wii Party U pack as an early holiday gift. WiiU + NintendoLand + Wii Party U and a Wiimote for €199 was too good to pass, and now I can finally play Bayonetta 2 <3

I never bought myself a Wii as I never found it to be worth the price of admission, so except a few of it's highlights (Xenoblade, Galaxy) I never played much Wii games. Along with all the incredible WiiU games that have released this last year, I'll pick up some of the Wii classics as well starting next month!

Quick picture of the new WiiU alongside it's breathren. ^_^

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My amazon super slow shipping Black Friday stuff finally came
uLkLe5w.jpg

Don't worry, I went to the dentist last week. :)

Yazuka

Here are some stuff I bought at the end of November and a few days into December. I'm still waiting for some stuff, but when it arrives I'll be uploading a pic with everything I got in November and December.

LAA

Got quite a few things this month and end of last month...

Course I got SSB! Pretty awesome indeed! Feels much more complete than the 3DS version and a lot more to do. Wasn't sure about amiibos, but I went insane on them. Wanted link mainly as he had uses in the most games, was planning on samus too just cause I thought it looked cool. Then fox and marth because they're among my most used characters. Was a bit disappointed in marth's quality. The other 3 are great, perhaps fox was the best quality imo.

Also got this from the sunset overdrive ARG. Actually a lot more well built than I was expecting. Was thinking it'd be like the Wii U gamepad cradle, but no, lot more thicker, good weight, even a secret compartment, ha ha.

Was very lucky to get this. I did order from amazon as soon as it was announced, but got an email from the seller that he wasn't expecting this and it's out of stock, but will keep order open in case he gets more stock. Wasn't expecting him to, but he actually did, looking forward to 3D homebrew!

PS4 wise, GTA V and Far Cry 4. Very happy with both of them. Gonna try 100% GTA V this time and Far Cry 4 looks a solid effort from ubisoft bizarrely. Of course they had to screw their customers by removing god rays though...

Saving the best for last, KH2.5! Probably my favourite game series. I DID actually pre order the Collectors edition with ShopTo, but DPD who were used to ship it, have claimed to have not received the parcel, and it's been like that for 3, nearly 4 days now, so I'm very worried it's lost, will kill me if it is. ShopTo are investigating now, so fingers crossed it shows up, then I can post a picture for all you lovely people to see ;)
So yeah, on Sunday I was too desperate and impatient to wait for news that they may or may not have found my parcel, so managed to get a Limited Edition in store, luckily last one. Loving the game so far, though there are a few minor bugs I'm noticing...like drive form taking longer than I remember and sometimes tiny freezes before a battle starts or something, hopefully they can be fixed, otherwise enjoying the game in 1080p!

John Blade

Nothing special but manage to get the DVD I need to complete the series I own in my collection.

Saikano Another Love Song.

Boss Man

Been getting all of this together (everything minus the lamp is new) for the past several months, but now that it's finally finished I guess I'll do a post:

Took a while to get everything right but now I think I'm in love.

Also,

Ended up getting LOTR for $20 through that Amazon deal because I got the bundle and returned the game. Didn't do it on purpose lol. Smash is amazing.

BOTEC

The next gen don't start 'till Hori releases some flimsy, plasticky crap:

OxEcAlr.jpg

Now to see if this "hayabusa" is worth the shiny paper it's printed on.

gmfer

Neo Member
Busy months buying stuff... not enough time to play though.

Super Smash Brothers 3DS (love it, playing mostly while I'm traveling)

Busy month for XBox One: Shadow of Mordor, Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, UFC...

To pretty much complete all the games I wanted on my 3DS

Just waiting for my Asus Strix R9 285 (yeah, that's all the power I need).

Finally, Maersk Line's Lego Triple E:

Chorazin

Nothing special but manage to get the DVD I need to complete the series I own in my collection.

Saikano Another Love Song.

I love that show! I collected the whole series as they came out in Japan, have the artbox and everything. Plus all the manga and artbooks!

Top Bottom