• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

Sylver

Banned
Family photo:
HoAybYz.png

Death Note Novels - Another Note & L Change the World
S9NvoHs.png

XBOXOne PC controller & Dragon Ball Complete Art
GMFOJ8h.png

Funko POP Miku & PSVita Fighting Climax
K6H3DkQ.png

Sonic Sweater & 3 pairs of Sonic socks
bFeCakM.png

PlayStation Sweater & 3 pairs of PlayStation socks
Zy1pVxt.png

Street Fighter Sweater
OBmKzYN.png

Project Diva 2 PSVita
Z56ghwW.png

I've preordered Vegetto SH Figuarts
qZqMuTt.png

I've preordered a Creator's Collection figurine.
k31UfWO.png

EDIT: I add two new adquisition from this afternoon.
Kingdom Heats II & A17 SH Figuarts
59WPGnG.png

igPAsSi.png

thenexus6

Went into London today with my Japanese teacher and a few classmates to see Japnese artist Riusuke Fukahori give a talk about his work. It was so amazing.

Heres an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJOQG_bpQM&spfreload=10

OnHmMgj.jpg

He also live painted this for everyone which was cool. Not the best picture but it was incredible.

aiAK2xX.jpg

Got his autograph too

MwU9lMi.jpg

Anyway bought some stuff while out

RHRWSvX.jpg

Latest issue of jump just because its all in original japanese. This proper version is a million times better than the english counterpart. About three times as thick and tonnes of stuff inside. Also a UQ heattech shirt as a present for someone.

As the venue is closing down and moving they had loads of boxes for books for free so I grabbed these. All in japanese too

nkycGTI.jpg

unixbob

Neo Member
Nexus 4 battery was starting to give up. And I'm getting tired of keeping so many devices charged. So this is an experiment

It's a HP Voicetab 7. A 7" tablet masquerading as a phone. I realised I hardly call anyone anymore so I'm trying out consolidating devices so I have a 3g enabled 7" tablet that can make calls if I need it to. Which is a rare event. And at £98 delivered on a Black Friday deal it's cheap enough

And then this came yesterday as well

Not plugged it in yet because there's a Christmas tree where my backup TV is. The main TV has all it's HDMI ports full and I haven't finished AC IV yet (I know, I know). Plus I don't have any games for it yet. Why? Because I got the PS4 by redeeming points through my employee recognition scheme. So was effectively free (has been pointed out to me that if I'd have tried harder they'd have given me a free game as well :)

A while back I had the opportunity to meet the founder and CEO of one the largest figure/figma/toy/whatever manufacturers in Japan, Max Watanabe of Max Factory. Little did I know that he was being forced to work on his Birthday which he made very clear in his signature. lol

Dead or Alive Kasumi C2 LE Variant
M1JrNGt.jpg

Now I don't typically collect these types of figures, the ones I do have I won in fighting game tournaments years back. Just wanna throw that out there as my gf would murder me if she thought otherwise. :p

Family photo:
HoAybYz.png

S9NvoHs.png

GMFOJ8h.png

K6H3DkQ.png

bFeCakM.png

Zy1pVxt.png

Street Fighter Sweater
OBmKzYN.png

Project Diva 2 PSVita
Z56ghwW.png

qZqMuTt.png

k31UfWO.png

59WPGnG.png

igPAsSi.png

Where did you find those socks/sweaters?!

5amshift

Banned
Doubt that PlayStation sweater will come in time for Christmas, that shit looks amazing. Definitely going to buy the socks when they're back in stock.

8cOUNLe.jpg

Added these to the handhelds collection last week... The Game Boy is the last color I needed to have all five Play It Loud NA release colors. And I've been waiting for a reasonably priced Xperia Play for the past couple years (this one was $80 in great shape with the box and manuals, charger et al.). It will look sharp on the shelf beside my two Nokia N-Gages...

Ludono

So many Dengeki Bunkos! I picked up a copy for a friend at the store the other day but passed on a copy for myself, will wait until I see it on sale since the shop near my house puts these things on sale all the time haha

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My G400 died after 2 years, luckily Logitech offer a 3 year warranty so I got a shiny, new G400s for £10 (£23 refunded).

Extended WiiU Gamepad Battery from eBay for $14.

"Refurbished" Wii Games from Nintendo's store. Discs are like new.

#IDARB Download (Back in my Play Billboard!)

Also Hip Tanaka wearing a Back in my Play shirt at a recent concert! (not a pickup but kind of for him!)

Yazuka

Here is everything I've bought since November 14th up too last week. Probably the last purchases for this year, at least gaming related stuff.

2014-12-11-nov-and-dec.jpg

Family photo:
HoAybYz.png

S9NvoHs.png

GMFOJ8h.png

K6H3DkQ.png

bFeCakM.png

Zy1pVxt.png

Street Fighter Sweater
OBmKzYN.png

Project Diva 2 PSVita
Z56ghwW.png

qZqMuTt.png

k31UfWO.png

59WPGnG.png

igPAsSi.png
Where in the hell did you get those brilliant sweaters?

shandy706

Completely random post here, as this literally just happened.

There wasn't anything majorly special, but a co-worker walked into my office a few minutes ago and said "Would you want some old Super Nintendo games?".

Me "Sure."

He says he'll be right back and leaves the building (I'd assume to his car). He knows I'm all about gaming, so I guess I was first on the list, lol.

He brings them back, says "They're dirty, but I found them in my parents closet while visiting them over Thanksgiving."

I thanked him and we talked about playing a few of the games he brought many years ago. Here's what he had for me :).

Please excuse the quality. I keep low-lighting in my office, so the phone-cam didn't take a great pic.

Edit** Add me to the list of people that picked up the GTA V LP too.

Amazing... Is this a press kit?

Does the confidential booklet include some tips that would be ruinous for the player experience?

Not at all, it's just tips that you would naturally learn through the progression of the game. I honestly didn't even look at the guide until after I completed it...(which was awesome!).

+1 for the GTAV LP set. =D

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's already been a quite expensive and interesting month. Especially happy with the Batman set and Pillow Talk. Didn't know it was the LE until it arrived, and the book included is beautifully made and quite interesting.
Everything together costed me around seventy-eighty euro's. A lot of moolah, but still a succesfull "budget" haul.

Impotaku

First wave of xmas stuff has turned up today.

Firstly my long awaited chogokin Fujiko F Fujio characters figure turned up, damn that thing is high quality it's all metal diecast, looking forward to getting it all assembled and into my cabinet.

Hero bank money cards, thick plastic trading cards with a QR code on the back of each to scan into the game. Comes with ramune candy so an added bonus. Also a copy of hero bank 2 & a fancy new deluxe touch pen for my 3DS.

Finally something i have been after for a lot of years, a rather unusual moneybox called chokin densetsu bank quest. It's a money box with a built in RPG game you deposit money to get gold in the game to buy weapons and armor fo make yourself strong enough to fight through all 100 floors tof the tower. Lol real world in app purchasing, nicely as i suspected it's not sophisticated enough to reject non Japanese currency as long as you can find coins with the same dimensions as Japanese coins you can use it with your own currency. 500yen is a 2P, 10yen is 10p, 50yen is 20p the money box is set up where 1 yen = 1 gold so i'm getting lots of value from those 2p coins hehe.

Been playing it for most of the morning it's suprisingly fun for a simple RPG, you can't cheat it either as if you try and open the bank to get your money back out to reuse the game resets your progress lol. Glad i finally got my hands on one.

Top Bottom