• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
naoki5001 said:
Went by Joshin today after work and picked up DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label. I did a quick play tonight: I like the new music but the bullet patterns are more complex than version 1.5 release a few months back. I'm really enjoying it. The stick isn't new.

DSC02090.jpg

Ah fuck, I forgot all about that. I really need to scrape together some dough so I can pick it up :-/

Prodigy095

Neo Member
Forgive me pic quality/size, first time posting in this thread.

Some of my pick-ups from the end of January and a few from the past couple days. Bad weather in Dallas + people not knowing how to drive in the ice means we're in hibernation mode.

aV7XS.jpg

66rgt.jpg

KlIDn.jpg

W3xAs.jpg

bRSfb.jpg

naoki5001

_dementia said:
Is that a FS-VX? How did you find modding it?

It is the FS-VX. I did a google search to see if anyone else modded it and found this:

http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-hori-...-v3-ps3-thread-207601/index4.html#post9774894

Did my mod pretty much the same. Desoldered the wires from the button PCB, then stripped and soldered new wires to the old and used quick disconnects. Common ground daisy chain setup. The "main PCB" has all the buttons clearly marked too. 30mm standard buttons snap right in.

Took less than an hour to do, wasn't the cleanest job, but I was bored and found the stick used for 3000 yen and wanted to do a simple hands on project. The case size and six button layout is just right for me.

That being said, someone sold an Amazon VX-SE (the black one with Seimitsu parts) at a store here recently. I'm thinking of getting some Seimitsu colors I like and doing a color swap and plugs for the far right buttons. It's not that big and it looks very nice in person!

Chacranajxy said:
Ah fuck, I forgot all about that. I really need to scrape together some dough so I can pick it up :-/

This, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets this month. All gonna be day one purchases for me. There goes my yen for February. :/ but also :D

krae_man

jaekwon15 said:
very cool.

They cost a lot but I highly recommend paying the money at least once. Sitting in the first 5 rows for a WWE PPV is awesome, and you feel totally pimpin' being one of only a few hundred people of the 15k there walking out with a chair:lol

naoki5001 said:
It is the FS-VX. I did a google search to see if anyone else modded it and found this:

http://shoryuken.com/f177/new-hori-...-v3-ps3-thread-207601/index4.html#post9774894

Did my mod pretty much the same. Desoldered the wires from the button PCB, then stripped and soldered new wires to the old and used quick disconnects. Common ground daisy chain setup. The "main PCB" has all the buttons clearly marked too. 30mm standard buttons snap right in.

Took less than an hour to do, wasn't the cleanest job, but I was bored and found the stick used for 3000 yen and wanted to do a simple hands on project. The case size and six button layout is just right for me.

That being said, someone sold an Amazon VX-SE (the black one with Seimitsu parts) at a store here recently. I'm thinking of getting some Seimitsu colors I like and doing a color swap and plugs for the far right buttons. It's not that big and it looks very nice in person!
Cool, and thanks for the link. If you end up picking of the VX-SE, be sure to post it!

Another thrift store massacre. I'm not 100% on the value of these so any insight would be great. All of them are sealed. There is one Seaquest cart open but the rest have the SEGA sticker still intact. Were Mega Drive Carts sealed in plastic too?:
IMG_0621.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
JustAnotherOtaku said:
As has been said, no BD (at least not yet). Also it's subbed only but I'm pretty sure the US release has a dub.
The US release is still DVD only. No buy from me knowing it has an HD source.

isny

napkin dispenser
moop2000 said:
Another thrift store massacre. I'm not 100% on the value of these so any insight would be great. All of them are sealed. There is one Seaquest cart open but the rest have the SEGA sticker still intact. Were Mega Drive Carts sealed in plastic too?

Nice haul. Our thrift stores here only have things like MMO expansions or PS1 sports games that they try to sell for $35+

Genesis games were sealed, don't know about Mega Drive ones though.

Those Gameboy games are probably the best find out of the bunch anyways, although those mega drive carts do well internationally...

isny said:
Nice haul. Our thrift stores here only have things like MMO expansions or PS1 sports games that they try to sell for $35+

Genesis games were sealed, don't know about Mega Drive ones though.

Those Gameboy games are probably the best find out of the bunch anyways, although those mega drive carts do well internationally...

I actually think the Waldo games are the most valuable. I'll have to do some more research

Yes Boss!

Ketsuipatchi DLC to tide me over till the Retail arrives from NCS. This way it wil always live on my 360. Have not been able to tell, but I think there are a different set of achievments for the DLC and the retail. FUN!

2f1e0178.jpg

Yes Boss!

Move is a bit bunk. Such a rip of the Low-tech Wiimote, which it is silly...four years later. Wish Sony had come up with something original. Did get Echochrome 2...the reason I bought the device. Can't really figure it out. I totally feel like a luddite with the calibration...like the folks who could not set the clocks on their VCR back in the day. Here is to hoping Killzone 3 is good.

209b53b8.jpg

Also, picked up Pac man CE for PSP. Sublime! So good to get back to the original remix after the over-the-top (and less-than-stellar sequel). This IS the XBLA classic on your handheld for $5!

85fce024.jpg

Synless

I don't have a picture for it currently, but I just bought this LBP2 faceplate for my slim PS3 at Gamestop and its glorious!!!!!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Yes Boss! said:
Also, picked up Pac man CE for PSP. Sublime! So good to get back to the original remix after the over-the-top (and less-than-stellar sequel). This IS the XBLA classic on your handheld for $5!
Except it's not really. Speed, pellet timing, and ghost behavior are all slightly off, which Voltron with each other to form Really Off. There are a lot of combo opportunities in the original that just aren't possible in this one.

Still, a flawed Pac-man CE is much better than any regular Pac-man.

WEGGLES

Gouken said:
Nothing special, but Dred Space 2 rocks! I just wish it was fully move compatible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/4bbad6bb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wait?!

You have to buy a special version of Heavy Rain for move support?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
RoninChaos said:
Where did you get that statue?

Square Enix NA online shop. Comes with 4 other FF figures but I just got it for that.

Carnby

krae_man said:
They cost a lot but I highly recommend paying the money at least once. Sitting in the first 5 rows for a WWE PPV is awesome, and you feel totally pimpin' being one of only a few hundred people of the 15k there walking out with a chair:lol

i agree. while i did not get a cool chair, i had great seats at Backlash 2000(?). the one where Kurt Angle defeated The Rock to obtain his first world title. and also, Stone Cold had a "match" with Rickishi for running him over with a car at Servivor Series. it was an amazing show.

oh, and i bought this today.

zelda.jpg

Smokey

suffah said:
And this badboy finally came in the mail. It's nicer than I expected.

ccie.jpg

wow...i just started a new job and had to go to a CCNA bootcamp....and my head is still spinning. And you got a IE :O. Congrats. I am jealous :(

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Smokey said:
wow...i just started a new job and had to go to a CCNA bootcamp....and my head is still spinning. And you got a IE :O. Congrats. I am jealous :(

We all got to start somewhere (I remember my CCNA bootcamp lolz). :)

Top Bottom