• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Smokey

suffah said:
We all got to start somewhere (I remember my CCNA bootcamp lolz). :)

yeah but this was my first real exposure to networking...felt like shit was just getting thrown at me left and right...and i'm not sure how much of it i retained lol. if i had that CCIE I'd hang that shit front and center in my office

Yes Boss!

Long overdue but finally bought Wii Party:

39929111.jpg

And Fincher fun for the weekend:

c78a9800.jpg

Forsete

I am a sucker for certain antiques.. and I have always loved maps.

By chance I found this and bought it.

Andrees Handatlas from early 1900 (I suspect 1907).

Its huge, 130 big very detailed maps, 140 inset maps. Weights a ton, but so awesome to look at. This is the nordic version, which means parts of it are translated, 98% of it is still in German though.

This is part of Silesia, then German Empire. As you can see its very detailed, the work behind these maps are just mind blowing.

Note, Los Angeles was only a small town then compared to San Fransisco. :)

weeneo

Neo Member
lowrider007 said:

that's the GigaByte GV-N560SO-1GI (GeForce GTX 560 Ti Super Overclock 1024MB GDDR5), right?

where dou you got it from? I want it so bad but its no where in germany on stock..

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
weeneo said:
that's the GigaByte GV-N560SO-1GI (GeForce GTX 560 Ti Super Overclock 1024MB GDDR5), right?

where dou you got it from? I want it so bad but its no where in germany on stock..

Yep, I got it from here, UK based shop, they do send abroad but I imagine the Euro price would be better once they are in stock over there.

Sealda

Banned
suffah said:
And this badboy finally came in the mail. It's nicer than I expected.

ccie.jpg

Happy birthday and heres to my question.

Does those things cost like multiple thousands? Does the companies usually pay for them? Were you flown to Cisco San Jose etc.? Is it hard and stressful for the average person? I just imagine taking a exam that is worth a couple of thousands for you company! Also, how was the interior for the Cisco Lab? cool?

(I have absolutely no clue about these stuffs, im not even studying Computers, just surfed Cisco website because i was interested. It seems like in big parts of IT these certificates are often very needed)

bPod

LiK said:
more stuff

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/Pick-ups/ACPA.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/Pick-ups/IMMIV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice pick up on the IV! I was thinking of picking it up but I decided to wait for V

oblo

2j506fr.jpg

Haven't played a COD since the first one, haven't owned a capable PC since then either, curious to see if I'll still enjoy it as much as back then.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Sealda said:
Happy birthday and heres to my question.

Does those things cost like multiple thousands? Does the companies usually pay for them? Were you flown to Cisco San Jose etc.? Is it hard and stressful for the average person? I just imagine taking a exam that is worth a couple of thousands for you company! Also, how was the interior for the Cisco Lab? cool?

(I have absolutely no clue about these stuffs, im not even studying Computers, just surfed Cisco website because i was interested. It seems like in big parts of IT these certificates are often very needed)

Thanks! The test costs $1400 per attempt. My company did pay (only if you pass), but I had to pay my own airfare and hotel. Some people have failed 8+ times, so it's definitely not an easy test. The lab itself was OK, just a few racks of equipment, and some desks, etc.

IT certifications generally just help you get an interview. This is no exception, but search for "CCIE" on monster, dice, etc and you'll see the pay scale is much higher than normal IT jobs.

LiK

bPod said:
Nice pick up on the IV! I was thinking of picking it up but I decided to wait for V

thanks, i'm just trying to collect them all. i skipped on the Mark I and i fucking regret it. now my armory won't be complete.

bPod

My gaming pick up
IMG_0648.jpg

Dead Space with a custom cover

My tech pick up
IMG_0649.jpg

500 gig HD

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

New headphones

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

New compact camera with touch screen

isny

napkin dispenser
On sale at Best Buy for $9.99. Price matched and picked it up for $8.50+taxes at Future Shop =)

140epm8.jpg

Feb2.jpg

Scored the BBS Story from B&N for $51 w/ a "mystery" discount coupon (knew it was 50%). Ended up being 10% off (sale price) + 10% off (member discount) and then the 50% off. The Alien set took ~6 weeks to come in.

Feb3.jpg

Upgrade for the laptop (4GB stick) and a new flash drive.

Feb4.jpg

Joining the party.

Feb1.jpg

sikkinixx

Forsete said:

Its huge, 130 big very detailed maps, 140 inset maps. Weights a ton, but so awesome to look at. This is the nordic version, which means parts of it are translated, 98% of it is still in German though.

This is part of Silesia, then German Empire. As you can see its very detailed, the work behind these maps are just mind blowing.

Beautiful. My boss has a similar kind of book but of ocean and costal maps from the british navy from the late 1800's, it was amazing to see.

How much did that set you back?

kylej

Banned
Was inspired by some of the recent threads we've had on gaming artwork & the high-res game asset thread.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of my all-time favorites so...

The printed image arrived yesterday

IMG_0316.JPG

detail shot

IMG_0317.JPG

I didn't want to crop any of the art, so I had it printed at 24x40". Unfortunately that's a weird size so I had to get a custom cut frame cut specifically for the print.

Finished product -

IMG_0321.JPG

Total cost was ~ $125. You could do a print & frame for half that if you went with a standard size.

Also picked up and framed a LiT poster because I love that movie. Stuck in a corner in the dark til I can frame it tomorrow.

IMG_0322.JPG

Please y'all. Go frame any stuff you like. Looks so much better than a regular poster on the wall, especially when you have personal stuff that means a lot and gives the room a good vibe.

Yes Boss!

Spent a few bucks on some XBOX indie games...most of which I've seen posted in these pick-up threads over the last year.

Avaglide...like a poor-man Pilotwings:

be8c9b74.jpg

Vorpal...very, very high quality for a buck:

695ade0e.jpg

Revolver 360...cool concept for a shooter (just a bit ugly looking):

084411a4.jpg

And the dragon shooting game that calls back old genesis games like Space Harrier:

ed314479.jpg

Man

Forsete said:

That is inspiring stuff.
I'm actually surprised they had print of that quality in 1907.

ymmv

Banned
It's been a while since I last displayed my pickups so here's more or less what I've got the pas two or three months.

I've become a fan of silent movies so ...

11smi4i.jpg

2qsupp1.jpg

I love classic fantasy: <3 Robert E. Howard <3 Clark Ashton Smith

2cz4ub8.jpg

2d7h5xh.jpg

Didn't buy that many videogames (although I also bought a few PSN games like Costume Quest and the Lara Croft Game)

21eci0o.jpg

keiw09.jpg

sfbivp.jpg

2ziv43t.jpg

ly7pt.jpg

Asparagus

Post Office was great, gona get stuck into Factotum this week.
NRK86.jpg

Got Lunar for cheap off a friend, having fun going through it for the first time.
hV7Ok.jpg

Finally picked up a backlit GBA and flashcard.
UkEUH.jpg

Games look fantastic.
y2awJ.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Was at the Salvation Army yesterday and saw this on the way out.
It was three bucks, and I believe nothing is missing from the box.
Now I need to figure out how to run it on my mac though..
VofZb.jpg

Forsete

sikkinixx said:
Beautiful. My boss has a similar kind of book but of ocean and costal maps from the british navy from the late 1800's, it was amazing to see.

How much did that set you back?

It was about $140. They had a few different atlases and maps, some are very-very expensive, especially the old stuff.

Man said:
That is inspiring stuff.
I'm actually surprised they had print of that quality in 1907.

You can tell it has been done in different layers, black details first then the colours. The print is very nice.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Forsete said:

[mg]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5215/5413363801_735829caa2_b.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5214/5410566847_64794c36ab_b.jpg[/img]

Holy moly. That book is beautiful.

Yuripaw

Banned
isny said:
On sale at Best Buy for $9.99. Price matched and picked it up for $8.50+taxes at Future Shop =)

140epm8.jpg
Was it $10 at best buy? but you price matched somewhere else? Im gonna have to run to best buy if that's the case.

hank_tree

Gameboy415 said:
The LE looks pretty nice!

Have you had a chance to play the game yet??
How is it??

I have only played a couple of hours but I'm liking it so far. Nothing amazing but a competent Monster Hunter clone.

Top Bottom