• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I went a little nuts on Game Boy stuff last week on ebay and a ton of stuff came yesterday and today.

Not pictured: The "You go, grrl!" sticker from the GBC. I could tell it was in decent shape aside from the stickers, I just really wanted a cheap atomic purple system. I bought it back then with Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel. Really wish I kept that game!

A dinger from Amazon Warehouse. Everything was factory wrapped. It's going in the closet for a decade or so until I need it, along with two sealed controllers and a sealed memory card. I know there is no guarantee brand new electronics will last that long, but Its worked out well for me so far.

nice deja vu 1&2 :D

waby

I went a little nuts on Game Boy stuff last week on ebay and a ton of stuff came yesterday and today.

Not pictured: The "You go, grrl!" sticker from the GBC. I could tell it was in decent shape aside from the stickers, I just really wanted a cheap atomic purple system. I bought it back then with Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel. Really wish I kept that game!

A dinger from Amazon Warehouse. Everything was factory wrapped. It's going in the closet for a decade or so until I need it, along with two sealed controllers and a sealed memory card. I know there is no guarantee brand new electronics will last that long, but Its worked out well for me so far.

I still have that gameboy color version since 1998. Good times

Ecto311

vWRxtyXl.jpg

Didn't know the xbox could do that kind of an adaptor. Now I am amped to not be running cords all over the living room. Really hoping it does sound and voice from my iPhone headphones.

Gameboy415

Got a bunch of cool stuff this month:

1402-Movies1_zps16390016.jpg

-Sleepy Hollow was only ~$2 at Target and the rest were super-cheap on Amazon.

1402-Books1_zpsa2c8d61a.jpg

-I love the "____ Attack!" series and just finished up this one earlier today - great stuff! I grabbed the Game Boy comic on eBay and now have every issue in the series. :)

1402-Games2_zps13aa99a9.jpg

-My Wii U High Capacity battery finally showed up and I got the games & GC controllers from Amazon.

1402-LighningReturns_zpsfd4446f6.jpg

-Got LR:FFXIII (& the guide) from Amazon with the Cloud & Yuna DLC codes. I'm digging it so far but it still hasn't surpassed FFXIII-2 as my favorite in the trilogy just yet.

1402-Games3_zpsecddacbe.jpg

-The Bravely Default & Danganronpa CEs thankfully showed up in one piece and I found UMVC3 for Vita at Target for 20 bucks.

1402-Games1_zpse69e1d07.jpg

-I got all of these for ~$40 total in a 55% off used game sale and was pleasantly surprised when two of the games showed up new & sealed! (Sonic & Stanley Cup)

1402-Misc1_zps239c0437.jpg

-I've held off buying any of the Mario K'Nex sets thus far but I couldn't resist this Reznor set!! I got the Pit Figma for a great price on Amazon - just need to track down Dark Pit/Pittoo and I'll have all the Nintendo Figma. :)

Last, but certainly not least:
1402-LEGOSimpsons_zpsbe95c84e.jpg

-This set is MASSIVE! I've only built Homer's car thus far but I'm incredibly happy with how this set turned out! Plus I got a free LEGO Movie Emmett Mini-fig set for ordering from the LEGO online store. :)

What month has there ever been two NGPC's in the same thread?

Jumped back on the Neo Geo Pocket train. Bought the Sonic bundle at launch. Also have a second unit (silver) with Sonic and Gal fighters that I just bought today.

1529872_531360055168_1676298521_o.jpg

Paid $60 for the game and box on eBay, amazing.

The auction said GAME ONLY too, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I opened the package.

The box is in okay shape, I obviously can't complain... now to get a manual because why not have it complete.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Last, but certainly not least:
1402-LEGOSimpsons_zpsbe95c84e.jpg

-This set is MASSIVE! I've only built Homer's car thus far but I'm incredibly happy with how this set turned out! Plus I got a free LEGO Movie Emmett Mini-fig set for ordering from the LEGO online store. :)

Oh my fucking gosh that is so cool

So Batter Bakery opened up a pop-up shop in a cafe right by my office for Valentine's Day goodies. Bought some cookies from them. Both are double chocolate ganache cookies.

The smaller ones:

The bigger one (I actually ate this one already):

Are these games fun? Never heard much about them.

they are a bit grind/quest heavy, but overall very enjoyable! the 2nd and 3rd one are awesome, but the 1st one is lackluster.. if you have a vita you could wait for re:birth, because it fixes all the problems with the 1st one

1402-Games1_zpse69e1d07.jpg

-I got all of these for ~$40 total in a 55% off used game sale and was pleasantly surprised when two of the games showed up new & sealed! (Sonic & Stanley Cup)

Omg yes, NHL Stanley Cup! I remember so much rage as a kid when everybody would just do the dump shot from the blue line that no goalie could ever stop.

You guys are reminding me that I need to get more Neo Geo Pocket games.

Anyway, I just got this in the mail earlier:

-X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Saturn)

I don't know why I waited so long to get it, since I've wanted it for 16+ years. At least I finally have it. This and the first Marvel vs. Capcom are probably my favorites in the series.

Gestault

Is it PC compatible?

Not yet (not even community-made, unfortunately), but there was a statement that official support was actively in the works. The data/charge port is a standard micro-USB, and it's been confirmed that it sends the input signals over that wire, so it'll be pointlessly easy once it's implemented on the driver-side.

Top Bottom