• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Got some new Game Boy games:
5WZNsiL.png

Not pictured is the first of three volumes from the Mega Man / Sonic-Crossover Worlds Collide.

ngower

Technically these are January pick-ups, but...

I picked up a black 3DS XL and Scribblenauts Unlimited through the Best Buy promotion a couple of weeks ago. I also picked up Steamworld Dig and Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate. Will be surviving on these games until a good deal comes up on any of the major 3DS titles.

Some backstory: Last month I bought a Wii U, but was quickly forced to turn it around when a costly medical bill arrived in my mailbox. A GAFer who shall remain anonymous saw my struggles and offered some financial help to let me keep the Wii U. Ultimately, the bills were too costly, but their generosity, and the difference of the Wii U sale, allowed me to pick up a 3DS XL—thus being able to maintain some avenue for gaming in what is otherwise a very frugal life I lead.

Long story short, none of my friends own gaming consoles (or TVs, for that matter) and I'm often the victim of a stigmatization of video games as juvenile or beneath my peers. That often leads me to question why I play games myself?! Moments like the one I've listed above remind me why I love gaming so much: the social and community aspect.

tl;dr: <3 u GAF

Atlas157

Picked these up today.

Sorry for the crappy quality, I have no choice but to use my Vita since it's the only camera I have.

qgQ05Xo.jpg

-snip-
Also grabbed a copy of Money Puzzle Exchanger, also off ebay quickly after it was listed. $92 shipped :)
-snip-
Lucky!
I've been looking for a copy <$100 for too long. You must have been real quick, I never even got an alert.

Been reading this thread, and many others, before I finally decided to post. But, I've picked up some cool stuff over the past little bit, and I hope you enjoy the excitement with me as I've had looking at everyone else's sweet pick-ups!

2Zi6EGO.jpg

Level-5 Premium SIlver, which I picked up on eBay and really enjoy having in my collection. I've always enjoyed demo and NFR carts, and this one is no exception. Hoping to find the Gold and Platinum versions someday. My copy of STARBOMB! finally arrived after a long delay. It was a little weird to get somebody else's packing slip, so hello to Allen from New Jersey. Oh, and a PSN card, for Left Behind this Friday.

xFZ7jIL.jpg

After grabbing my Bravely Default CE, I had a pretty good haul at the local thrift store, getting some strategy guides and a magazine, as well as the coveted NES I have been hoping to find for oh so long.

Technically these are January pick-ups, but...

I picked up a black 3DS XL and Scribblenauts Unlimited through the Best Buy promotion a couple of weeks ago. I also picked up Steamworld Dig and Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate. Will be surviving on these games until a good deal comes up on any of the major 3DS titles.

Some backstory: Last month I bought a Wii U, but was quickly forced to turn it around when a costly medical bill arrived in my mailbox. A GAFer who shall remain anonymous saw my struggles and offered some financial help to let me keep the Wii U. Ultimately, the bills were too costly, but their generosity, and the difference of the Wii U sale, allowed me to pick up a 3DS XL—thus being able to maintain some avenue for gaming in what is otherwise a very frugal life I lead.

Long story short, none of my friends own gaming consoles (or TVs, for that matter) and I'm often the victim of a stigmatization of video games as juvenile or beneath my peers. That often leads me to question why I play games myself?! Moments like the one I've listed above remind me why I love gaming so much: the social and community aspect.

tl;dr: <3 u GAF

I remember your posts in the buy/sell thread. Glad things are working out for you, don't let other's opinions steer you away from a hobby you hold dear!

boltz

So far it's pretty awesome. It can do everything my G3 + Vario X PZ 14 - 42 did but in a way smaller package. Looking forward to capture our trip to the lavender blossom in the Provence during late June this year.

Was considering the RX100 II for the longest time. Caved on a Canon 70D in the end..

Yeah, the size was the main factor for me. Love being able to slip it into my pocket whenever I need to bring it around.

Yeah for the form factor it seems pretty amazing. But when it comes down to it I can't really afford to have two cameras so I just opted for the one with the video quality I prefer. Cool buy though.

cj_iwakura

Some mall hopping/garage sale stuff:

hRt5l5Z.jpg

(The low price of free.)

SwnLKye.jpg

(Express sale)

tuMCEIs.jpg

(Free book, shut up and take my money CD[$20])

j4NCghI.jpg

GYcTyzv.jpg

Some dress shoes.

HYtaOZE.jpg

And a belt that took me a year and a half to earn. (Kenpo)

Koppai

1509731_10151882922011646_682298328_n.jpg

Walked into Best Buy and got the last copy. I originally had the CE preordered and don't know why I canceled it, I see it's sold out everywhere. Oh well, I had a gift card so I didn't pay anything for it :)

0dECLtdl.jpg

Picked this up today, pretty darn excited. Already bought Persona 4 Golden, I've got PS+, and I haven't been a PC gamer for many years so there are a ton of great indies waiting for me. I think this will be a great way to play them. I'm still waiting for my 64GB memory card, grip, and case to get here so for now I'm just getting it set up. Might mess around with Remote Play a bit tonight to try it out.

Portugeezer

0dECLtdl.jpg

Picked this up today, pretty darn excited. Already bought Persona 4 Golden, I've got PS+, and I haven't been a PC gamer for many years so there are a ton of great indies waiting for me. I think this will be a great way to play them. I'm still waiting for my 64GB memory card, grip, and case to get here so for now I'm just getting it set up. Might mess around with Remote Play a bit tonight to try it out.

I recommend getting a grip, especially for remote play.

feli

2014 mk7 gti dark black pearlescent pickup.

Such a great car (I have the tdi one and yours its just incredible in terms of power), but I'm afraid I don't like the color: its beautiful for sure, but I had a black pearl Polo and after four years was full of scratch even if I had an obsessive attention for it.

Cdammen

1392051836-gremlins.jpg

Finally got it framed in a nice wooden frame. It's an original japanese Gremlins poster from the 1985 premiere. It was cheap, looked cool, and was in mint condition... so why the hell not :)

(EDIT) Also, got myself started on a GameCube collection... I had like 30 games back in 2002 but sold 'em off. Kinda regretting that even though it was a wise decision at the time. So I've purchased Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, and Super Monkey Ball - all in great condition, for cheap.

Soulhouf

Kido Senshi Gundam EX VS Full Boost / Boku no Natsuyasumi 2

IMG_2937.jpg

Brandish / Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke OST

IMG_2932.jpg

Xenoblade the Secret File / Marvelous

IMG_2928.jpg

Artorias

Banned
Some pawn shop pickups from last week

The controllers are in really great condition. The blue ones might actually be new, there is no wear to the sticks whatsoever.

I was kinda stoked on the Game Boy games too. Nothing really special but they were $1 each. Trust me, I put the best ones on top haha, most of it is licensed stuff but a good deal of Disney at least.

Some pawn shop pickups from last week

The controllers are in really great condition. The blue ones might actually be new, there is no wear to the sticks whatsoever.

I was kinda stoked on the Game Boy games too. Nothing really special but they were $1 each. Trust me, I put the best ones on top haha, most of it is licensed stuff but a good deal of Disney at least.

Yeah for $1 each up it would be silly to pass them up.

isual

Really wanted to get full boost, but I'll probably get sasai hen. Also, finally completed the current ps3 ateliers. Just need to get atelier iris 3 and I'm up to date on that series...

Really wanted to get full boost, but I'll probably get sasai hen. Also, finally completed the current ps3 ateliers. Just need to get atelier iris 3 and I'm up to date on that series...

Top Bottom